Slomin's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slomin's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

1.9

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

One and done, I think they'd hire anyone who they think would survive walking around in the elements for 10 plus hours a shift. I have to give them credit that they do tell you upfront that it's a door to door sales job. There are other companies out there that sugarcoat the position with nifty terminology like marketing, management in training, blah, blah, blah, without ever telling you that you'll be knocking on people doors at 8PM in the dead of winter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing staggering, again, they'll hire pretty much anyone.   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – Brand Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback and your time with Slomin's. We like to be honest with our candidates.

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Slomin's (Hicksville, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview immediately after submitting my resume on Indeed.com (seemed a bit sketchy to me but, I desperately needed a job so I didn't care). The interview wasn't really an interview. We just chatted about whether on not I take things personally and if I think I could perform the job requirements. We negotiated salary and I got the job. I didn't stay - it was super boring and not for those who don't like hard calling and soliciting. Pay was good but not for those who aren't in to sales.

Interview Questions

• Do you take things personally?
      Are you comfortable talking on the phone?
      Are you able to perform the job requirements?   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you for your response and feedback. We will look into this and try and enhance our interview process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slomin's (Hicksville, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

had to fill out a lengthy application......interviewer was very friendly. He was trying to work with the hours I needed etc. I am really not sure why I didn't get the job in the end. Maybe because you need to work 1 weekend shift and I really could not.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what kind of company we are?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Slomin's (Hicksville, NY).

Interview

HR called me to schedule an interview. I was interviewed the following week by a long-time Call Center Manager. The manager asked me several questions relating to my customer service background. He explained the expectations of the position. He emphasized attendance issues and tardiness will not be tolerated. I received a call a few hours after the interview from an HR representative offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you dealt with one of your most difficult customer and the end result. Describe a time you disagreed with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Alarm Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Slomin's (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

very simple straight forward just came into the office took a seat was asked a few simple questions about why i wanted to work here and how would i be able to help the company if i was hired i felt very at easy nothing special or out of the normal with this at all

Interview Questions

Slomin's Response

Jun 6, 2017 – Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you for your response.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slomin's (Hicksville, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for an open position online though Monster. I was called by one of the recruiters and set up and appointment to come down and interview. The main office was a nice environment. Pretty laid back, nice people, and a family first type feel.
    I was brought into the recruiter's office after filling out some initial paperwork. Very nice guy with great attitude. However, the post on Monster makes it seem like you will be going on sales estimates and calls not really just pure door to door. They created this position because of laws put forward to limit the amount of cold calling they can get done in office.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions asked, I had already sort of ended the interview on my own after hearing cold calling and door to door. The man doing the interview could not have been nicer so I check it off the list as some quick experience/practice.
      Basically, going over your resume while asking to the point info seemed to be where the interview was heading.   Answer Question

I was not aware that it was pure door to door work. Not setup appointments with even slightly interested customers. It does have weekly/hourly pay so if you can handle that style of sales I say go for it. The company seems to be a real cool place to work and learn.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Slomin's.

Interview

1 interview basic questions and normal sales experience. quick process as you meet with the hiring manager directly. dont believe them about how they generate leads for you they are moving towards more self generation and the telemarketing leads are just awful don't let them tell you itherwise.

Management Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slomin's.

Interview

Met Slomin's reps at a college job fair, exchanged business cards and was invited to interview for their management training program. Interviewed at their facility in Hicksville for over an hour, interview went well, HR rep was friendly in her rejection letter. It was nice how they did not have all of the online personality tests and instead took the time out to interview in person. Overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Slomin's (Hicksville, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I went on 2 interviews during my hiring process. They were very interested in what I was looking for in a company and letting me know what the core values of Slomin's are. I was working to get away from "family owned" business' due to bad experiences in the past but with Slomin's you don't have to have the last name to feel like a part of the family. It's nice to see the owner walking around saying hello with an honest interest in how I am doing.

Interview Questions

• I was very impressed with the interview process. I left with a real sense of what I wanted in a company, and knew that it was the right company for me. One question that sticks out in my mind is "What are your flaws.. or downfalls...?" something along those lines.   1 Answer
    • What was it about your last position that you least liked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They accepted my salary request right away and I felt it was fair enough for me to get in the door and start working my way up!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slomin's (Fairfield, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview lasted roughly a half hour and was one of the easier ones I have been on. The hiring manager let it be known when I gave an answer he didn't want to hear, and repeated a question to give another opportunity for me to answer more in depth. I felt like They don't try very hard to really find the right person for the job.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything difficult or unexpected asked   Answer Question

Again, I felt like the are willing to hire anyone who comes off as half decent and I wanted more of a challenge. Also the hours and territory I would have been assigned to were less than desirable.