Smart Energy Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smart Energy Water Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.4

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water.

Interview

The process was very easy. Received a phone call from the recruiter. Went in for the interview the next following day. Meet with the Sales managers and later on that day received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you on the phone.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I ignored the glass door reviews before stepping in for interview. Everyone accommodated me so well, there was a whiteboard session on my previous project, i was asked to explain my previous projects and technology used.

HR department must promptly respond to our questions. I sent an email about a month back to get my feedback, no reply yet as of now. This is annoying and looks like their glassdoor reviews are true.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Strange. I got contacted by a few different people so it was confusing. I had a phone interview to start and then they brought me in for in-person interviews. I found the I had to lead both interviews because the people I spoke with did not seem experienced enough to ask thoughtful questions. I was not even told in advance with whom I would be meeting with so it was a surprise and made me feel uncomfortable because I didn't know their names.
    I was wary of this company based on all the negative feedback I read here on Glassdoor so I brought that up. The recruiter said that all the negativity was from a few people that they fired and it was "bad blood". She even said that some of the reviews are from the same person? There was a LOT of talk about people they had fired...seems to be symptomatic of a very unhealthy environment.
    I know that where there is smoke there is fire. So when I found out they didn't want to move me along, I felt like I dodged a bullet! Very unprofessional process and I would be very, very wary when talking to them. Absolutely ask about the Glassdoor reviews if you interview because it's very important to see the bigger picture.
    I also think they changed their name to distance themselves from all the negativity. I doubt they will be in business much longer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company?   1 Answer

Project/Product Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Intreview process was pretty quick; after receiving a call from a recuiter had a 30-45 min pre-screening with HR then 30 min with VP then 15 min. with CEO. The Interview was not hard.
    This company is growing at very fast pace and if you are serious about your career growth this is one of your choice.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It went well. Challenging but it went well. Mainly talked about the company and what they do. Spoke to the finance manager then second round with the CEO. After I gave insight about their company, I take about my resume and my background. They asked a couple questions regarding real life situations thats the reason I ended up getting the offer was due to my positive and confident attitude

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very off-putting experience. I was contacted by their recruiter for a management role. When I didnt see a current open listing that matched, the recruiter assured me there are many positions newly opened that are not posted online and that this was for a management role. While doing my research, I read through all the reviews online and many of them were negative - but Im the type who understands you cant please everyone, take it with a grain of salt, etc.

During the phone interview, the recruiter asked the typical questions, but i couldnt overlook that she really wasnt listening to my answers. It felt very odd but I carried on. Then as she began to describe the role, i began to realize that this wasnt at all what she had contacted me about and it was a sales role. In my confusion i asked [again] that is was a management role and she kind of skirted the question with a vague answer that "well it might become on one day with maybe five people under you maybe." One of the reviews online warned exactly about this - being a bait and switch that they tell you its one job but once youre there its entirely different. Once again, bad feeling in my gut. At the end the recruiter said she would like us to continue to the next process and for me to come in. Great. She asked of i could come in the next day ... kind of unorthodox and fast but I agreed.

Later that day however I realized i was going to be unavailable, emailed the change, and suggested to reschedule a few days later. The next morning the recruitor called and emailed strongly pressuring me that if X time today didn't work then is there any other time today. Like really really pressuring me to move fast. Hard to explain but i had just such a bad feeling throughout the whole encounter. I decided to stop pursuring it.

Interview Questions

• Vague questions about my experience   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water in April 2016.

Interview

Really as bad a everybody else said it would be. A recruiter contacted me in regards to a particular role, they did not ask me any questions about my background but instead invited me over for an onsite interview WITHOUT doing a phone screening before (first red flag!). Once there, I had to wait for a while for the hiring manager to come out. Once he came out, he seemed nice and engaged, the question were pretty general. But then the real show started. They took me to another room in which I met the CEO (he had such a thick accent that I had real trouble understanding him) and another manager from another team that had nothing to do with the position I applied for. They kept on suggesting and asking if I could see myself in the other team but I made clear that I preferred to be considered for the role I had originally applied for. During the interview they said that employees were expected to work very long hours (about 12 hours per day). I kept my mouth shut. One day later I got an offer BUT for a different role. When I asked what happened to the other role they said that role did not exist anymore (just a couple of days after my interview the role did not exist anymore?????). I said I would gladly consider it and that I was ok to travel as much as necessary but that I had to limit my time in the office to 10 hours a day due to family reasons. I never heard from them again. I've asked many times about the status, they didn't answer. Once they did (over a month later) they said that as they were growing soooooo fast they decided to put all roles on hold!!!!! My advice: Unless you have time to waste stay away from this company!!!!!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was long, boring, and they lied at every step. I had to talk to the recruiter, then I had a one on one. Then a webex interview followed by another webex interview.

Interview Questions

• why would you be a good fit? Are you planning on leaving? Do you want to stay for a long time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was horrible. I asked who has made quota, they said everyone. I asked who is there top performer, they said everyone. So they made it seem like making quota was possible. It was horrible.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They would ask of generic things you did in your life. They would go over the Resume and end up talking about random things like your areas of interest. You will imagine you are taking to your family person rather being in a technical conversations or your skill set. You are expected to go through 3 interview sessions - one with HR, one with Hiring Manager and one with CEO.

Interview Questions

• What is a use case diagram? Can you give an example?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work above and beyond and open to learn more in the organization if given a chance?   Answer Question
    • can you tell more about waterfall software development methodology   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with the office manager and CEO on WebEx and was asked basic background questions and was told to sell him their product with what knowledge I had of it.

Interview Questions

• Sales Knowledge and was asked about their product   1 Answer