Smart Energy Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2018

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was long, boring, and they lied at every step. I had to talk to the recruiter, then I had a one on one. Then a webex interview followed by another webex interview.

Interview Questions

• why would you be a good fit? Are you planning on leaving? Do you want to stay for a long time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was horrible. I asked who has made quota, they said everyone. I asked who is there top performer, they said everyone. So they made it seem like making quota was possible. It was horrible.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I ignored the glass door reviews before stepping in for interview. Everyone accommodated me so well, there was a whiteboard session on my previous project, i was asked to explain my previous projects and technology used.

HR department must promptly respond to our questions. I sent an email about a month back to get my feedback, no reply yet as of now. This is annoying and looks like their glassdoor reviews are true.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water in April 2015.

Interview

Don't waste your time. I interviewed and it was very unprofessional. I followed up and after weeks, they lied and I had no replies. I wasted my time and not only they were late but the interview was less than 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Basically nothing!!! They judge you by my the looks and vibe. They don't care   Answer Question
    • Nothing. Late and judgmental and the interview was less than 20 minutes . CEO told me to follow up within a week. Very very waste of time. I followed up and I got nothing back within weeks   Answer Question

Financial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by one of SUS's recruiters, Ana, about a position that they believed I would be a good fit for. After an email correspondence and a phone screening, Pat (the supervising recruiter) scheduled an on-site meeting for me at their Irvine office.

At the on-site interview, I was interviewed first by Sandhu who did not indicate his position with the company. The interview was pretty open ended, he asked me questions about my experience and he told me a bit about the company. After about 20 minutes, he excused himself and got Deepak, the CEO. We continued the interview; Deepak was very energetic and excited about by my background. He really made me feel like I could fit in with the SUS team. Not only this, but his enthusiasm really sold the company to me-if I was on the fence about potentially joining, that definitely swayed me.

After the interview, (which was on a Thursday), I received a phone call on Friday asking me about my interview experience. I was particular impressed by this as it showed accountability and respect for their interview process. Two days later, that following Monday, I received a phone call indicating I had gotten the position.

All in all, a very professional and positive experience!

Interview Questions

• What kind of reporting software did you work with in your last position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with the office manager and CEO on WebEx and was asked basic background questions and was told to sell him their product with what knowledge I had of it.

Interview Questions

• Sales Knowledge and was asked about their product   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Single interview with people that cannot speak english well. Standard questions that addressed how many calls you can make a day. The interviewers also avoided answers regarding quotas, matrix, etc.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water.

Interview

The process was very easy. Received a phone call from the recruiter. Went in for the interview the next following day. Meet with the Sales managers and later on that day received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you on the phone.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It is a very strange company with unrealistic views on management and unwelcoming culture. Put off by the interview process and the know it all attitude displayed. Would not have taken job if was offered to me.

Interview Questions

• HOW would you rate yourself   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very off-putting experience. I was contacted by their recruiter for a management role. When I didnt see a current open listing that matched, the recruiter assured me there are many positions newly opened that are not posted online and that this was for a management role. While doing my research, I read through all the reviews online and many of them were negative - but Im the type who understands you cant please everyone, take it with a grain of salt, etc.

During the phone interview, the recruiter asked the typical questions, but i couldnt overlook that she really wasnt listening to my answers. It felt very odd but I carried on. Then as she began to describe the role, i began to realize that this wasnt at all what she had contacted me about and it was a sales role. In my confusion i asked [again] that is was a management role and she kind of skirted the question with a vague answer that "well it might become on one day with maybe five people under you maybe." One of the reviews online warned exactly about this - being a bait and switch that they tell you its one job but once youre there its entirely different. Once again, bad feeling in my gut. At the end the recruiter said she would like us to continue to the next process and for me to come in. Great. She asked of i could come in the next day ... kind of unorthodox and fast but I agreed.

Later that day however I realized i was going to be unavailable, emailed the change, and suggested to reschedule a few days later. The next morning the recruitor called and emailed strongly pressuring me that if X time today didn't work then is there any other time today. Like really really pressuring me to move fast. Hard to explain but i had just such a bad feeling throughout the whole encounter. I decided to stop pursuring it.

Interview Questions

• Vague questions about my experience   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Energy Water (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Strange. I got contacted by a few different people so it was confusing. I had a phone interview to start and then they brought me in for in-person interviews. I found the I had to lead both interviews because the people I spoke with did not seem experienced enough to ask thoughtful questions. I was not even told in advance with whom I would be meeting with so it was a surprise and made me feel uncomfortable because I didn't know their names.
    I was wary of this company based on all the negative feedback I read here on Glassdoor so I brought that up. The recruiter said that all the negativity was from a few people that they fired and it was "bad blood". She even said that some of the reviews are from the same person? There was a LOT of talk about people they had fired...seems to be symptomatic of a very unhealthy environment.
    I know that where there is smoke there is fire. So when I found out they didn't want to move me along, I felt like I dodged a bullet! Very unprofessional process and I would be very, very wary when talking to them. Absolutely ask about the Glassdoor reviews if you interview because it's very important to see the bigger picture.
    I also think they changed their name to distance themselves from all the negativity. I doubt they will be in business much longer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company?   1 Answer