SmartFile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

I met one on one with the VP of Sales to discuss the position and company. The conversation centered around the type of person that they were looking for in regards to the position and the culture of the company. I then spoke with the CEO to talk about the position, my character, and SmartFile's culture.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard sales questions. The questions also revolved around my character and how I would fit with the company's culture.   Answer Question

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and after 2 days I received an email asking for an interview over the phone. The interview went well and then I had a follow-up interview in person. After that I had a final round with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Standard sales questions. Questions to determine whether I was a personality and culture fit.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Contacted by outside recruiter initially. Scheduled an on-site interview. Followed with a second on-site meeting. Both interviews were with multiple people. Mostly one-on-one, but one two-to-one session. Overall time each interview was about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a feature you had worked on was dropped from the implementation plan.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Starting out I met with the manager that conducted the phone screen. After exchanging greetings we went into a room and the interview began. We talked for a little bit and I could tell the manager was trying to figure out if I would be a good fit for the team. The manager was very up front about the interview process and said there were going to be several parts of interview going through a few different people. After we finished the 'Do you have any questions', the manager left the room and one of the employees of the company joined me and the meeting room and the technical part of the interview began. The questions were primarily about javascript with a mix of generic computer science questions referring to complexity or process, nothing too crazy. There were two more people that met me and were, again, more culture fit based interviews than anything else. After those the manager came back in and asked if I had anymore questions. After my last few questions the interview was over. We shook hands and said our goodbyes and the manager let me know that they would contact me the following week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I found SmartFile on LinkedIn. I had two phone interviews with the Creative Director before visiting the office. The final interview was held with the Creative Director, Content Marketer, and Digital Marketing Manager. Overall, a great experience with the interview lasting just over an hour.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a little different from the norm. There was a basic phone screen and then an in person interview. Most of the time was spent having me ask them questions rather than the other way around. The technical screen was pretty simple. The toughest question was a very basic javascript question "What is a anonymous function in javascript?"

The absolute worst experience I've ever had in an interview came when I meet the CEO. Right away without actually engaging in any conversation told me that he thought I didn't deserve to work there. Most of the time he was basically accusing me of lying. He didn't care what the other guys interview with said or if I passed the technical questions cause he felt I was lying and that there are hundreds of people he could hire that would be far better. Even though I was told in the technical part I was one of the only candidates to be able answer a basic JavaScript question correctly. The CEO asked me why I got into IT and why I want to work there, before I could even get a word out he immediately said that I was not going to give an honest answer anyways so he doesn't care what I had to say. Then proceeded to pretty much tell me why I'm a loser and why I'm not good enough to work there. For the most part didn't bother to have a convo with me and when he did ask me a question he would just immediately cut me off. He was absolutely one of the most unprofessional, disrespectful, and unstable individuals I've ever meet. It's ridiculous for anyone to act like that but extremely frustrating when I was wasting my time while other companies already had an offer or interest.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with an email to request a phone interview. The phone interview was the most comfortable interview I've ever had. A detailed explanation of the company was given and questions were asked about what I'm looking for. I had another phone call and I asked more questions and was given the opportunity for a face to face interview. This interview was also very comfortable and a good experience. I spoke with three different team members who were explaining their roles and what they need from this position. Everyone was very friendly and it really gives the opportunity to see if you fit in with everyone and if you will like the environment. It may seem overwhelming to meet with so many people but, for me, I liked getting to know the people I would potentially work with.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by an on-site interview. It took a few weeks from start to finish. On site I met with the hiring manager followed up by the CEO, VP of Sales and Director of Client Services (individually). It was more of a conversation about each question they asked (aka they asked, I answered, I asked a follow up, etc...), including thoughts on execution and strategy. It's clear they are passionate about who they hire and how to create a superior product for their customers. I thought it was a smooth process overall and engaging.

There wasn't anything negative about the experience.

Content Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SmartFile (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the super friendly office manager to set up a phone interview. I was then asked to submit a writing sample. After that, I went in for an in-person interview where I talked with three people I'd be working with, the Digital Marketing Manager, the Creative Director and the Director of Sales. The interview took a little over 3 hours. We talked about my experience and they discussed the vision of the company as well as helped me understand what they did. They seemed to really care about getting a good fit, which is why they took such pains to explain it. A few days later, I got a call from the CEO and he gave a holistic view of the company and the vision and we also talked about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What should the percentage of content vs. promotion be?   Answer Question