Smartsheet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smartsheet Interview Questions

Interviews at Smartsheet

Software Engineer - Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in January 2021.

Interview

I applied for 2 weeks. Received a phone call from recruiter. Got a scheduled video interview with one of Senior Engineer. The interviewer was super friendly. We had a coding exercise. When I got stuck, he helped me by giving hint or pointed me into the right direction. My overall experience was great. However, I wasn't able to move forward. I would re-try if there is an open position in the future.

Interview Questions

• Need to have a good knowledge of Data Structure and Algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet in December 2020.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter asking me to complete the online assessment. Questions weren't too hard, it was on hackerrank. Couple of multiple choice questions and two coding assessments.

Interview Questions

• A couple of html / css multiple choice questions, then a coding assessment, easy / medium.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Boston, MA).

Interview

A couple basic phone interviews and an in person panel type interview, as well as a case presentation. In person interview was with about 3 people and one person called in. This was pre-COVID

Interview Questions

• Asked about what is important to me in a job/career   Answer Question
    • Asked to describe how to manufacture MnMs   Answer Question
    • Fairly lengthly case was sent to me prior to the interview and I had to give a presentation on that case and answer follow up questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied via Linkedin and received an email from them the same day. I was scheduled and confirmed to have a meeting with a technical recruiter, but the recruiter never called me or canceled. I emailed him about it and got an autoresponder to reschedule, This is a poor user experience and reflects poorly on the Smartsheet. I spent hours preparing for this call.

Interview Questions

• When are you available for a call?   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Seattle, WA) in November 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, manager interview (behavioral), leadership interview (case presentation on process optimization), final interview with director of consulting (behavioral). The interviews were scheduled promptly and there was transparency into the process.

Interview Questions

• What is a process that you use in your everyday life that could be optimized?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet in November 2020.

Interview

All interviews were conducted virtually. Initial meet & greet with a recruiter, 1-hour technical round with a software engineer, then full round loop with a mix of behavioral and technical questions related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation...
      How would you go about creating...   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in November 2020.

Interview

In a word, clunky. When I came in for the interview, the place was very hard to locate. No one at the front desk was smiling or particularly enthused about making it a positive experience. I was back to back for five hours with no breaks. There didn’t seem to be a strategy for what questions I was being asked as they were a repetitive grilling. I sent a thoughtful thank you note with an initial response from the recruiter that they’d be in touch in a few days, then nothing despite a few follow-ups. Everything that day indicated good discussions for all involved, so it’s hard to make out what happened. First time I’ve ever been ghosted.

Any Role With Them Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet.

Interview

I've applied numerous time for roles that I'm frankly over qualified for. Never received a phone call, interview request, nothing. Summariy rejected for no reason at all. My feeling is that they are racist.

Interview Questions

• Applied for many roles, rejected without any conversation, interview. See the same roles still available.   Answer Question

Market Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in September 2020.

Interview

Applied in April and had an interview scheduled with a recruiter. She informed me the position had been put on hold because the CEO didn't view it as a critical role. Not something I would tell a candidate but it was good to know where this position stood in their mind.

They reached back out in August and I had the usual recruiter and hiring manager interviews. The interview ended very well and I was told what to expect next and that we'd talk again.

I then received the generic "your background doesn't match the position" email though I was over qualified if anything. I think they decided they didn't want someone my age in the organization. This is just as well since the role is buried beneath layers of inexperienced people who aren't sure how to address the issues they face.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? He then highlighted a couple of points on my resume for more detail.   1 Answer
    • Based on what you know, what do you think the significant issues are for SmartSheet?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for interview request. Gave a sales pitch like overview of the company, read it from a script.

Virtual interview format.
    1 hour initial virtual tech screen. This was actually the hardest technical interview. Very vague/convoluted question prompt. Had to ask for clarification in relation to the feature. Coding and design question all packed in one.

Somehow I made it to the final round.
    These where 3 technical, 2 behavioral.

All very easy problems.
    Lots of questions on past work experience.
    Nice people. Thought everything was fine, 90% of offer.

Not sure if recruiter submitted me for the right position. Maybe was too senior for this position, since all problems seemed easy, besides the 1st interview.

No offer, and no feedback. Said everyone enjoyed the interview, but I wasn't the perfect fit. Really? Like anyone is perfect for any position. Standard boilerplate rejection template BS to avoid lawsuits :-D

Avoid this 6 hour nonsense. Or roll the dice to see if you're a perfect fit. Next time make sure to ask how they pick from 3 equally qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• easy level leetcode questions. but medium screening question, not really leetcode style   Answer Question