Smith Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2016

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone round
    skype round with 2 team members
    face to face round with the team lead
    interview was not so tough.
    went for around 1 hour and then got the offer after a week

QA Lead/Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Smith Micro.

Interview

Upon submittable of my resume, received a phone interview directly from the hiring manager. We spoke for about 15 minutes. At the end of the call, I was asked for my availability to have an in person interview. At the in-person interview, which lasted about 3 hours, the hiring manager, a PM and 2 additional staff members interviewed to discuss product lines and corporate culture.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Be honest and straight forward. Must be an excellent communicator. Must be a great self-starter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me maybe a week after I applied. Everyone in HR was friendly as could be. I was interviewed by two people, typical "good cop, bad cop scenario", but overall it was a standard interview for a great company.

Interview Questions

• Basic Interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Product Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Informal in-person interview. About an hour after I left, HR Representative called me and said I got the job.

If you know someone at the company and can get an interview, you will probably get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate.

Wireless and Broadband Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very laid back, asked me technical questions related to the project at hand. Did ask me questions about resume/past experiences. Very much like other Technical Internship Interviews, except the engineer was very nice and straightforward.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I am only an intern. But didn't seem like they would have rejected a proposal. Very nice HR and staff.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Played tough at the beginning, but were fair and square, they needed serious help so I guess they were desperate for someone to come and fix their customer relationships. So finding anyone with a solid customer relationship and reputation, who would take this hot iron and run with it was welcome. The customer at the time said you have to be McGiver if you believe you can turn this around ;-)

Interview Questions

• Existing customer relationships   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online. The HR person sent me an email asking several questions such as why do you want to want to work for Smith Micro, etc. Next came a phone interview with the manager then a live interview with the manager and 2 others.

It was a straight forward interview with no trick questions.

Interview Questions

The manager was unsure what the position actually was. From what I've seen from the manager and 2 team members, they didn't seem like they knew what the direction of the company was. I wanted to work at a place with the brightest people but I did not get the impression from the interviewers.

The offer was also too low.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Aliso Viejo, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of C++, OOP Questions
    On site Interview with 4 people individually
    Asked C++, OOP, Design Patterns, OS threading questions and background

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith Micro (Chicago, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview was done by two people and it has a mix of technology and personality questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was intensive and always prefer the bonus program