Smith & Noble Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smith & Noble

3.4

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview and 2 onsite interviews. The first was with the direct supervisor for the position. Next, I was invited back to speak with 2 senior level managers and the President. The questions were thoughtful and gave me insight into the culture. The entire interview process took about a week and a half to complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got instructions from your direct supervisor that you knew was wrong. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I went through a rigorous interview. one was on the phone with the recruiter and second was onsite. The onsite interview began with the CEO which was followed up by multiple private interviews with company executives lasting more than 4 hours. Every interview was different and asked great questions. Although long, the execs were super nice people and you could hear their passion and love for this company. This gave me a new perspective on the Window Treatment industry I never knew existed. I connected very with the CEO and could see he truly cares about the company and employees success both culturally and financially. This company was looking for an entrepreneurial minded, energetic leader and this totally fit me in every way. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances beyond my control I had to withdraw, but I could have totally seen myself working here. Quite a company I must say.

Interview Questions

• What strategy would you implement to recruit the best candidates to work for S&N?   2 Answers

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA).

Interview

Smith and Noble has a very comprehensive interview process. I was not l local candidate for S&N. I initially spoke with an internal recruiter. Then I talked to several key stake holders who vetted my skillset. Then I had a call with the president of the company. Afterward passing the initial phone interviews, I visited and met with all individuals I had prior phone calls with and also with several more key staff members.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions that started like this: "Tell me a story when this happened ..." Basically the goal was to demonstrate how you've handled specific real world situations. Not only does it provide the interviewer a list of accomplishments it demonstrates how you achieved them.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

If you go for an interview, be prepared to stay for a while. I went in and completed the application. I spent more than 5 hours there, interviewing with 5 different people. I took a series of computerized competency tests. I then sat with an agent, and listened to her calls and observed what she did.

Interview Questions

• If I would have a problem dealing with upset customers all day.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smith & Noble in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went really well. I was interviewed by Christina, now my director, and she's very nice and easy to talk to. During the interview anyways. Prior to seeing Christina I had to take an assessment which included; typing, math, comprehension, and summarizing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no successful negotiation. I went in the interview after being unemployed for 3 months requesting to not work Sundays. Due to religious beliefs. And that was promptly met with being told Sundays are apart of the schedule and apart of working here. With being unemployed I was in no position to turn down the offer and they used that to their advantage. Needless to say I work Sundays.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

There was a prescreen, the HR dept called me and asked basic questions. I was then invited to an interview, there was a Supervisor interviewing me and she had a list of questions. There was also a role play to determine how I would deal with a customer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The role play - had to read a script like I was talking to a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered a rate that was it.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Riverside, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

This was just a basic interview to see my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work with a team or individually?   1 Answer

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Skills exam : consisted of customer service questions - math - grammar - operating a PC and being able to navigate through two monitors - 1:1 then went to listening to incoming calls with agent

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your experience in a call center?   1 Answer

On-Phone Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I met the head of sales manager Christina, at a job fair. She was personable, very easy to talk to & even suggested that I consider applying for a sales position. I did, & was granted an interview a week later at the Corona Office. I then met Kim & Diana, who asked some great questions, were professional, thorough & honestly a pleasure to speak to. They were very open to receiving and answering my own questions.
    Ultimately I was hired, I have been here with the company for about two months now. I can honestly say that I am so happy that I chose Smith&Noble as my employer. The CEO, Ken, is often present & has a great relationship with his employees. As for Christina, Kim & Diana: They all continue to be great leaders. I am very happy to be a part of this fun, hard-working team oriented company & I look forward in growing with it. Cheers.

Interview Questions

• What is a priority when working with a customer?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Noble (Corona, CA).

Interview

2 hour long interview with the CEO
    It was a good talk and they seem like they are growing.
    Met with other members of the leadership team.
    They were willing to fly me in and pay for amenities.