SocialCode Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SocialCode Interview Questions

Interviews at SocialCode

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode.

Interview

3 Round Interview:

#1 - Meet with HR. This is your standard "getting to know you interview". You talk about your experience, why you're interested in the role and company, etc. Interviewer tells you more about the company and role and asks standard questions about availability, salary requirements, etc.

#2- Data set. You have 48 hours to complete questions based on a provided data set. The questions are set up so that they low-key test your knowledge of Excel. Pivot tables.

#3- 4 Person Interview. 30 minutes each. Talk to 4 different current employees. They're all mostly looking for the cultural fit. You discuss your data set in one of the rounds as well. What you liked, what was hard, etc.

Overall: Super conversational. If you can talk about your experience in a way that applies to the position you're all set. Open forum to ask questions right back as well. Also some standard behavioral questions about working on a team. Study the company. Know the industry.

Interview Questions

• What's a common misconception about yourself? How do you get along in groups? Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by one team lead after 2 days. I was asked to a interview and got accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SocialCode.

Interview

A phone interview and then an in-office interview with four people from the team once I passed the phone interview. Got the offer right after the in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly average interview questions. Just do research on the company beforehand and know why you want to be there.   1 Answer

Junior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SocialCode in January 2015.

Interview

about to have my first interview tomorrow. want to learn more about the company and to do so i have to write a review. here it is. about to have my first interview tomorrow. want to learn more about the company and to do so i have to write a review. here it is

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had an initial phone call with HR and next step in the process was to send them a PPT presentation based on a sample FB report. I worked all weekend on it and sent it. Took another 2 weeks after following up to get an update that I was no longer being considered. Then why the hell are you making me waste my time with a 8-10 slide deck?!?

SocialCode Response

Nov 3, 2014 – Director, People Operations

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'll be sure to circle back with the recruitment team on this and see how we can improve upon both the homework and communication piece of the interview experience... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode in June 2017.

Interview

organized but the hiring manager is meh... the panel is decent but the questions are lame...
    they are more worries but the cultural fit than the technical skills, in other words, the manager wants to know if you are not a threat to him...

Interview Questions

• If you know anything about the framework share it to me   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SocialCode (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through a phone screening with a VP level employee, and then went through 5 individual interviews in person which took about 4 hours. They had me go through a phone screen plus the in person interviews, never followed up, and then after I followed up numerous times without reply I finally gave up and assumed I didn't get the role. I didn't receive any feedback why I didn't get it which would have been helpful in the future.

Interview Questions

• How analytical are you? How do you manage a large team? Why are you interested in Social Code.

Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SocialCode (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Not good, they already have some one in mind for particular role I was interviewed. They just did interview for sake with 6 members in panel. They just waste peoples time, I suggest not to do this. I answered all the questions asked by them. They cancelled few members in the panel, hour before the interview. This indicates that they are not interested in interviewing me but they just did it as interview is scheduled in advance.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

This was one of the WORST, most unprofessional experiences I've ever been through. The recruitment team for San Francisco was a complete nightmare to deal with!!! Where to start... Phone interview and on-site interview went well and coordination/communication was fine. After the on-site interview, everything went sideways. I was told they were finishing on-site interviews that week and by Friday, they'd be in touch. I never heard from them. I reached out on the following Monday and was told they were doing on-site interviews all week, and I'd hear from them by Friday of THAT week, which wasn't what they originally communicated. At that point, I already 'moved on' in my mind since: A. I didn't hear from them the Friday prior, and if I were an important candidate, I would have. B. If you're still casting the net for an additional week, clearly all candidates the week prior weren't what you wanted coupled with the non-communication. Shockingly, I heard from them that Friday, asking for my references. I heard from them on the following Tuesday with a verbal offer. In the verbal offer, they mentioned another candidate for the role and wanted to, 'give me the offer first'. Because of that, they were only giving me 24 hours to accept the offer AND I would be given a sign-on bonus if I started next week, in 4 business days. Yes, you read that correctly. Who mentions another candidate in a offer, massive pressure to sign and the rush to start?! Clock ticking, I receive no offer until mid-morning the day, I'm to accept the offer. So, not only was there zero follow-up after they sent the offer the day prior, "do you have any questions", "we're excited for you to join!", etc...nothing. Instead I got attitude where they were completely unapologetic, took no ownership that I didn't receive the offer and offered no solutions, like extending my time to review, nothing. At this point I wasn't sure if it was just the San Francisco recruitment team that clearly didn't care about people, or if that's the company culture. In any event, I passed.

Office Manager/Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SocialCode (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth & efficient; phone interview, in-person, 1 wk wait time if that and then the offer was extended to me. Everything from start to end took about 1.5 weeks, they were all very friendly and organized.

Interview Questions

• How could I improve the culture at SC? What is my worse quality and strongest trait?   Answer Question