SoftBank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SoftBank (San Carlos, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was sourced by a recruiter via LinkedIn and connected for an initial chat/screening. Was already well familiar with the company and Nikesh Arora's involvement, and after the informational call I decided to go ahead and submit my resume and begin initial interviews. Some interviews were done over video call, others in their bay area offices. Everyone was very personable and intelligent and was able to answer all my questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions about my current and previous roles as well as investment case study questions (ex. would you invest in Uber?)   Answer Question

Sales/Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoftBank.

Interview

Applied before the Boston Career Forum and got an interview scheduled the first day.
    1) Pre-screen interview- All questions regarding my resume + why softbank? Also tested my Japanese level
    2) Second Interview- 10 minutes after the pre-screening. Was more of a chat than an interview about what I can bring to the company. All in Japanese.

Was offered a dinner invitation during the second interview and was given a "verbal" offer at the dinner. I reached out to the HR person again after getting back from Boston and was given an official offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SoftBank (Taipei (Taiwan)) in April 2017.

Interview

First was a call interview, they asked some basic questions like why you want to work in Japan. After that, I did a Skype interview, I received the same kind of questions. Finally, I got to the face-to-face interview, it was a classic type. They ask many questions like why you want to enter this company, why you want to work in Japan, etc.
    I need to clarify that job offer was for 2018.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Japan?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SoftBank (Seoul (South Korea)) in November 2016.

Interview

Recommeded person that I knew from my formal company and offered the interview in short time.
    Multiple interview process that I expected.
    1st interview organized by Channel Marketing and 2nd interview was by Digital Marketing

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SoftBank (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

Three rounds interviews. Phone - VP interview + Partner Interview. Phone interview mainly behavior questions and stuff about your resume. VP was about what TMT industry you are interested and how to you value a startup.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose VC industry?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SoftBank.

Interview

Apply online first, and they send the link to set up "my page." Then you enter your "resume information," the reason why you are interested in Softbank, what experience/skills you have would be useful for this internship, and so on. Then finally, you submit your photo. After the deadline, the result of resume screening will be on the my page. If you pass it, then, you make reservation for interview. You can choose either onsite or skype.

I choose onsite interview. It was held with three candidates and one recruiter. They call it group interview, but it is like one-on-one interview. They must put 3 students togather in one room just to save their time and space. It is about 30 minutes. Each candidates are asked two questions. I think the questions were "Introduce yourself" and "why softbank, and what can you offer for us?" or something like that. It was quite easy. Then the interviewer ask some follow-up questions. We can ask questions at the end, if you want.

About 5 days after interview, I received the result.

Interview Questions

They couldn't wait until I get result of another internship position, which is much more important for me.

Software Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftBank (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2011.

Interview

Very interesting process. I entered the process through a good connection that I had, o I was told that my interview was a 180 degree different than the usual person. First there were 3 people, who invited me to lunch in a relatively casual atmosphere, nine of them wearing suits. They kindly who fired off questions at me. They asked me many questions about my needs, wants, experiences, my hobbies, what I want to do in life, how I could us my skills, how ling I wanted to work there etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you in Japan?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for a Japanese company?   1 Answer