SoftRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.1

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very quick, they make you watch a video about how great they are, show you around the building and then ask you some easy questions. They bring you into a random generic office. Usually it doesnt even belong to the interviewer, it is just to make it seem more legit.

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview

Quick interview with terrible on-boarding process. Would hire anyone that can read, write and speak in English. They told us all amazing things the company can offer and it's history but knew nothing of our action job positions and wouldn't even tell us before being hired. Awful company.

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview

It was a two- step process:

First they bring you in for a group interview. Once you enter, they take a picture of you, and give you a badge to wear. You then are called in to meet with a manager, who sits you in a green room and asks, "what do you think of the company?" and records your 30 second response. Upon doing so, you're taken to a room and you watch a few of the training managers present the company and explain the different job titles. After that, you meet with a hiring manager again, who asks you a few questions, looks over your resume, and tells you to expect to hear an answer soon. I didn't expect the interview to take 3+ hours, but it did. Some people walked out because they weren't expecting it to last so long.

The second part of the interview is a "Test-drive" where they have you do a bunch of activities including a typing test and a general IQ test. This is a full-day, so expect to be there for at least 8 hours. This day was pretty fun, as they have you dress up, take pictures, and role-play in a "FBI vs Criminals" theme.

After that, they call you into a room and let you know whether you'll be a good fit for the company, or not.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me why you are a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Media Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview

A girl talks to you on the phone for about 5 minutes and asks basic questions. Then, you come in for an interview. If you pass that then you go on to the next step which is basically trying to sell you on the company culture. You have to take a quiz at the end of the 2 hour presentation. You do not learn a lot about the company, and it doesn't seem like a good place to work at. If you pass that portion, then you go onto work for a day for free to see if you fit in.

Education Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview

The interview process is 4 steps: phone, face to face, presentation, and a "test drive" of the position.

1) The phone interview is to make sure I'm qualified for the position, and to schedule an interview.

2) The face to face interview is pretty standard, the hiring manager goes over the resume and asks a few questions then gives a tour of the building.

3) The third one I sat in a room with a few others and learned a little bit more about what the company has to offer. I really enjoyed this step because all my questions got answered and I really felt I had a better understanding of the position.

4) The last interview process is really fun, you get to experience what a day in the life of a "Softrocker" would be like, and you get to enjoy their weekly cookout which happens every Friday.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Their interviews are a 3 day process. Day 1 is a one on one with HR with standard questions about experience, strengths, etc. Then a tour. Day 2 is with a group of people and it's more like a "look how awesome we are!" thing. We literally had to a video after video about how the company plays flag football. After an hour of that and learning about the company's history, you're given a quiz and questionnaire. Day 3 is a full day on the job.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

4 Stage interview process. Initial interview (which includes an impromtu video they take of you as well as an SAT style comprehension test) followed by what they called a second interview but just seemed like a 2 hour sales pitch for the company. Took a quiz on what the manager said then sat down with an HR lady. She didn't ask me anything - just asked if I had any questions. I don't know whether I'll accept this position - a lot of bad reviews online if you leave Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• What is the most intriguing thing you've learned about SoftRock so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There are 4 interviews to get hired. First, you speak with an HR representative. If you get to the second round, you are given a tour of the company. Second interview is a forum where they tell you information about the company. If you get past this phase, you do a Test Drive. Test Drive is to see if you would fit into the culture. If you really want the job, I suggest being creative and have fun. The last portion is the following Monday to see if you get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. The salary is $600 per week.

Education Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview

I interviewed with Kasey. She took the time to discuss the position and answered my questions. The interview lasted about 1 hour. Be prepared to have your picture taken and a mini video on how your thoughts of the company. I declined to continue in the process when I found out the salary was less than they advertised. The real salary range is between $31 -35K. It was advertised as $45K - $50K

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a text to schedule a phone interview, then I got a 1:1 interview followed by a group presentation at the end of the 2 hour presentation there was a packet aka a quiz and questionnaire.