SoftRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SoftRock

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a text message with a phone number to call, did a quick interview over phone and have been asked to come in for a direct interview. Nothing special, after reading all the other comments of this company and doing some research. I have chosen not to go in for interview.

Interview Questions

• Do I have customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

4 Stage interview process. Initial interview (which includes an impromtu video they take of you as well as an SAT style comprehension test) followed by what they called a second interview but just seemed like a 2 hour sales pitch for the company. Took a quiz on what the manager said then sat down with an HR lady. She didn't ask me anything - just asked if I had any questions. I don't know whether I'll accept this position - a lot of bad reviews online if you leave Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• What is the most intriguing thing you've learned about SoftRock so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview consists of you knowing more information about the company roughly 15 minutes before the actual interview. When its your turn to actually be interviewed, they bring you back into this office and of course asks you questions. Based off your answers to the questions and the confidence presented, they'll ask you back for a second interview. The second interview consists of a group of people meeting up in a conference-like room for a presentation. Presentation was quite interesting and they do expect for you to take detailed notes. After the presentation, there's a pop quiz that has fill in the blank questions, mostly, and multiple choice. The presenter did allow for us to use our notes for the quiz. After turning in the quiz, there's an exit interview. They'll tell you if they want you to want come back immediately in the exit interview or give you some bogus sense of hope that "they'll contact you by 5 if they want you to return for the 3rd interview". 3rd interview? YES, there's 4 interviews!!!!!! I didnt get passed that point. Although I know for sure I passed the quiz and had the experience needed for the Advising position I interviewed for, for some reason, they still didn't want me. I did hear that this was a difficult company to get hired for but thought I'd give it a shot anyways. My experience was personally quite frustrating especially after sacrificing my time and schedule to make the crazy interview times. Im not a fan of letting someone wait for what may or may not come in reference to the notifying for the 3rd interview. I believe everyone should get a call regardless of if they're hireable or not. Overall, NEVER AGAIN and careful with this company. ANYTHING too good to be true usually is!

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

ridiculous, four interviews for a job everyone is qualified for. They want you to feel like your special by getting the job. Really they just weed out bigger, less attractive people. Its really messed up

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in the company in one year   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Be very wary of the job postings for SoftRock. They all turn out to be Verification Specialists regardless of how they are advertised. Basically the job is verifying that someone input the correct information in their online application and then asking them if they are interested in furthering their education. If so you transfer them to some sort of specialist. Training is two weeks (6 days per) full of 12-14 hour days. In that two weeks you will be on the phone a minimum of 90 hours.

The initial 1 on 1 interview is a waste of time. If you sound half way competent they will push you through to the second round. The second interview is with approx. 30 other candidates. For two hours you watch company videos, hear about "a day in the live of a Verification Specialist," and also give an elevator pitch about yourself.

If you have any amount of sales experience and you want to keep selling - THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR YOU.

If you are looking for a customer service position this could be an okay fit.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

The job opening did not match the job listing. I will not associate with a company that is dishonest - especially from the get go.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Their interviews are a 3 day process. Day 1 is a one on one with HR with standard questions about experience, strengths, etc. Then a tour. Day 2 is with a group of people and it's more like a "look how awesome we are!" thing. We literally had to a video after video about how the company plays flag football. After an hour of that and learning about the company's history, you're given a quiz and questionnaire. Day 3 is a full day on the job.

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview

Quick interview with terrible on-boarding process. Would hire anyone that can read, write and speak in English. They told us all amazing things the company can offer and it's history but knew nothing of our action job positions and wouldn't even tell us before being hired. Awful company.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Inexperienced Recruiters, no strategic line of questions/ discussion. All the recruiters left the company in 2015 who had been there previously. Very high turnover. Easy, basic casual/conversational interview. More like, "Can you copy & paste?" "Yes."... Hired! Working there made me feel more cautious about working for online / digital advertising companies, because so much was unethical. The company isn't helping people. Maybe Softrock & Gigats.com will grow to become more sophisticated in the future. I did meet some great people while working there. And. some... not so great.

Interview Questions

• Are you seeking Full time or Part time employment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoftRock (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

You get a text and then They invite you in for an "interview" basically if you have a pulse you'll be invited back for a day long "test drive" where you play weird games and eat free food. It's CLEARLY a dog and pony show to attract new employees as once you're hired, the experience is much different. The pay is NOT what is advertised that's all commission based that you will not get. Be very careful and trust your gut instinct. I wish I had trusted mine but u desperately needed a job.

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview

It was a two- step process:

First they bring you in for a group interview. Once you enter, they take a picture of you, and give you a badge to wear. You then are called in to meet with a manager, who sits you in a green room and asks, "what do you think of the company?" and records your 30 second response. Upon doing so, you're taken to a room and you watch a few of the training managers present the company and explain the different job titles. After that, you meet with a hiring manager again, who asks you a few questions, looks over your resume, and tells you to expect to hear an answer soon. I didn't expect the interview to take 3+ hours, but it did. Some people walked out because they weren't expecting it to last so long.

The second part of the interview is a "Test-drive" where they have you do a bunch of activities including a typing test and a general IQ test. This is a full-day, so expect to be there for at least 8 hours. This day was pretty fun, as they have you dress up, take pictures, and role-play in a "FBI vs Criminals" theme.

After that, they call you into a room and let you know whether you'll be a good fit for the company, or not.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me why you are a good fit for this position.   Answer Question