Softheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Softheon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softheon.

Interview

I thought the interview went great. They showed me around after my interview. Asked if I would be interested as a project manager. I received an email two weeks later stating I did not get the job.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Softheon (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening. They asked very common basic questions that you would expect in any type of screening interview. The phone call lasted about 15 minutes and they got back to me within a week of the call asking to bring me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how to use specific tools in excel and what type of programing I have used before   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Softheon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a month later about a phone interview. After the phone interview, heard two days later about a skype interview and received a job offer less than a week after the skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about my resume, how I manage my time, what I think a good product manager is like.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softheon (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through email. Heard back a day later with a phone screening offer. Did the phone interview and was told that I would hear back a week or two later if they decided to move me to an on site interview. Was also told to email them 1 paragraph bragging about myself. Heard back 1 month later with an on site interview. Did that interview and was given an offer 1 business day later.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions except for describing my projects. Question: What are your 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Helpdesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

i interviewed with the whole IT department, HR, and a development employee. They reviewed my resume and then we discussed my abilities and how they related to the job.

Interview Questions

• if you were a schoolbus, which part would you be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softheon in October 2016.

Interview

Initially I was asked to interview by phone, and my recruiter was super friendly. It was a quick and easy conversation, and she asked me to submit a few sentences to her afterwards bragging about myself and specifying why I would be the best fit for the job. I was then asked on an in-person interview, in which I interviewed with HR, and members of the marketing and sales teams in one group setting. It was a little intimidating and I really did have to sell my knowledge of what the job entails, but I was prepared and as long as you are too you'll be fine. I was then asked on a second interview where I met with who would be my direct manager and another member of the team. It went well, and a few hours later I was emailed an offer! I really enjoyed the ease of communication throughout the process. I was never left waiting long for a response and everyone was so friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked what the salary range I was looking for was, and I was honest about what I was currently making and asked that I just make the same. Salary was never truly discussed until it was written in my offer so I suppose they were okay with what I suggested!

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softheon (Stony Brook, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with a Human Resource representative, followed by an in person group interview with several people: HR, Product Manager, Operations Manager, other Business Analysts from multiple teams

Interview Questions

• Tell a joke
      What is your previous job experience?
      How do you organize yourself?
      Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Softheon (Stony Brook, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted to take a brief pre-screening over the phone. A few days later I was invited to interview in person in front of a panel of three individuals. This interview occurred about a week after the initial contact. The interview was about an hour long, and consisted of an explanation of the position, as well as a considerable investigation into my experience and personal/professional qualities. I had a pleasant time and was treated kindly as their guest. The atmosphere was comfortable and honest. After the interview, I was given a Predictive Index (personality quiz) to complete. Approximately two months later, I was given a rejection in e-mail, relaying that my qualifications do not match their current needs. At the least, I view this as considerate and respectful, as I have been rejected with utter silence elsewhere along my job hunt. As I was treated so courteously along the interview process, I consider the experience to be a positive one. It is always good to get more interviewing experience, and I believe "battles are lost in the same spirit in which they are won."

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softheon.

Interview

Prepare for w very strange interview with the CEO. He pretty much told me from the very beginning that I wasn't getting the job. He then asked me to read Glassdoor reviews, and try to identify the "enemies" who were "lying" about him and his company. I am sure he might be reading this review right now. If you are, please don't act like you are either a mysterious genius or an innovator under attack by people trying to destroy your company. It was the strangest interview I ever had. I was very happy not to even get a call back for the job. Everyone else I met with was very nice but the CEO is a little paranoid to say the least. I hope you read this and rethink how you treat potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Could you identify a person by reading their writing? A kind of forensic analysis of their writing style? (I am not kidding)   2 Answers

Softheon Response

May 11, 2016 – Founder & CEO

At Softheon our goal is to recruit and mentor individuals to pursue his or her passion that is aligned with our mission. Contrary to the experiences listed in your resume, you were not qualified ... More

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softheon.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then led to an in person interview. That was conducted with hr followed by two senior level managers. All seemed to be going well as I was called back to meet with the CEO. He questioned my response to every question and felt the need to "break things down for me" as if I didn't understand the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of people being fired?
      What would your company do without you?
      Answer Question