SolarWinds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SolarWinds

2.7

Sort:

Channel Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SolarWinds.

Interview

Received an email asking to do a short phone call from recruiting manager. After that short interview, I was asked to meet in person with the hiring manager.

During the actual interview, the manager showed up 10 minutes late and it felt like the manager had somewhere else he'd rather be. Or, more likely that they had already had someone in mind for the position and I was just filling up another interview spot. He briefly looked at my resume and mostly asked me about my background. There was no real actual interview regarding the job and it took about 15 minutes total.

Overall, I don't think I would have been a good fit for the position but it would have been nice to actually go through the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with a former colleague of mine whom I had a great deal of respect and admiration for. Given our amicable relationship and previous work history, I thought at the very least there would be some candor throughout the process. We met to review the expectations of the role and had a productive conversation about various topics surrounding the company. I briefly presented my 30-60-90 and narrowed down the most appropriate strategies. After 40 minutes, we concluded and I met with her direct report. He came in and stated we didnt have much time for the interview. He outlined some vague expectations of the role and asked how I would contribute to the position. After 10 minutes he said he had to leave. Never heard back from either of them. Asked for simple feedback via email and never heard anything. Spoke to another former colleague of mine who works there and they said I dodged a bullet and that basically the company is a mess being run by a religious zealot who emails bible passages to employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone screen with the recruiter - she doesn't have a clue what they do there. Phone screen with the National Channel Sales Manager was short and followed. Lastly, an in person panel interview with National Manager and Director. Manager was wearing Khakis and a polo, looked indifferent and did not look excited about the job. Talked about long hours and overtime as needed. Team is growing a bit, but no new products or major improvements coming down the pipeline. I asked about what they're most excited about going into 2017 and the answer was pretty much the only product they're known for - NPM. Very bland and basic approach.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an obstacle you've overcame.
      Tell me about your last role at xyz company.
      Do you have experience in Channel Sales.
      Tell me what you think the role entails.
      What drives people to sell a companies product.
      And multiple basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn, scheduled me for 4 interviews 30 mins each with 3 managers and the director of sales. First of all, he seemed very unorganized right away after he had to call me back to ask me for my email address to send me the calendar invite. THEN, he called again b/c their was a mix up with someones calendar and he said he needed to push the interbiews back another hour. Okay. So when I show up ON TIME, he comes down 10 mins late, takes me to the room where I then waited another 10 mins for the 1st manager to show. Each one after that showed up 5 mins late saying they had me scheduled in a different conference room...the interviews went quickly and not one of them even asked me "interview type" questions at all. Finally its the directors turn to show up. At this point we were running about 20 mins behind schedule, so I waited an additional 25 mins after her scheduled time until I just got up and walked to the receptionist desk to let her know. She said that she had done the same thing the day before with another interview. So the recruiter comes down and tells me she got busy and couldn't make it, but it really sounded like she just forgot. So I asked to reschedule, knowing this was the most important interview since she's the director. He said she would give me a call the following day to chat. Well of course I never heard from her, ohh and the recruiter said he'd let me know something by the end of that week, which I didn't hear from him. So I waited a week just in case then I reached out to him and he said "I just received word after all interviews have been completed that they moved forward with an alternate candidate." After dealing with all of the unorganization I didn't want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• How was the quota structured at your last job? So how did you make the company money to pay your salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Lehi, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen for 30-45 just trying to get to know you. Then meet with team lead. And then a demo call with one of the directors. They were very good and nice and professional. Didn't feel overhwelmed made me feel like they wanted me to be there. I would recommend this company for sure

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was awesome! I met with a sales manager and sales director who asked me great relevant questions and gave me the chance to ask them plenty of questions. All in all I felt they were respectful of my time and didn't just fluff the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions but the one that stood out was "What makes you feel you'd be a good candidate for this role and what can I expect from you if you were offered the position?"   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds.

Interview

Thorough interview process consisting of 3 separate interviews on 3 different days. Management seems to be looking for someone they can depend on to be persistent, open to change, and will to succeed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty much straight forward with very clear and objective questions and the interviewers acted always in a polite and respectful manner. The whole process from the 1st phone interview to hiring took about 10 days.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiter schedules a short phone interview. Then a face to face if you impress. Interview style depends on the manager. Everyone is pretty intelligent so be able to think on your toes. This is a fast moving company so adaptability and a competitive nature is a must. Previous sales background is required (possible exceptions).

Interview Questions

• I enjoyed the interview. Spoke mostly about my prior experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX).

Interview

Quick process. Short phone screen then meet with sales managers.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.