Soma Intimates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Soma Intimates Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview

I applied in person and spoke with the manager. Very friendly and informal interview. I was asked about my past experience and and was told Soma is a company that has growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview

I applied online through their website and was asked to go in for a very easy, very short interview with an assistant manager, where I was offered the job. To be fair, they were really needing people at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Soma Intimates (Macon, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a great interview process. The hiring manager was very informative & forthcoming. Once you finish talking with the manager & getting to know each other you will move on to a "mock sale". You take about 15 minutes walk around & pick out some thing you like then you are going to pretend the hiring manager is a customer & sale the lovely things you have picked out. (if you haven't had any sales experience they are really understanding& will work with you) I work with great group of women. Our team is very diverse & supportive. It was an easy process I got a call within two weeks with a yes of course & I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• The hours here do tend to fluctuate, would this be a problem?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Soma Intimates (Woodbridge, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

They gave me a scenario that a customer was going to the Bahamas for her one year anniversary and I needed to pick out items for the customer to take with her on her vacation. After that, the store manager took me to the back and asked me general questions about past experiences with customers. But since this would be my first job she had to tweak them a bit. It was an easy interview overall. The only issue I had was that you have to meet a sales quota and she said that store wasn't very busy so it makes it hard to do that. And I also did not like that she said the girls that work there usually only work 4 hour shifts. The salary is basically minimum wage and you get a bonus if you meet your sales quotas but I found the situation to be a bit too stressful for me and it would be hard to make money if you're only working 4 hours a day for a few days per week. She offered me the job on the spot but I had another interview elsewhere and told her I would need a few days to think about it.

Interview Questions

• What does cooperation mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to cooperate with a group of people (or coworkers) to get the job done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an emotional coworker and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

I wasn't happy with the salary and she told me the store only gets about 10 or so customers per day so it makes it hard to meet the sales quotas.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soma Intimates (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Was one on one and is was simple. I was interview by one of the key managers. This store is high volume most of the year so we stay busy. I went into the store an ask about the positions that were available and the store manager gave me a card to put my information on. The next day she sent me an invitation to take a test and fill out the application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Soma and what attracted to the compnay   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soma Intimates (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Short and unprofessional. The manager complained the whole time and barely asked any questions. I tried to show my best side but ended up saying next to nothing. It took almost two hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in the product?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Soma Intimates in June 2016.

Interview

The interview with the new manager was pleasant. She was very excited about her new role, but we began talking about how her goal was to restructure the team because right now, it was a "mess". I immediately thought drama and was concerned. She discussed her plans of the restructure and it struck me as if there was probably going to be a ton of micromanaging going on. After giving it a lot of thought, decided I did not want to be part of a rebuild when I didn't even know what was there before.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Points stated in discussion

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Soma Intimates in March 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after I spoke with the Store Manager directly and she asked for my resume. Interview went smoothly and asked me for a phone interview with DM.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview

Same as anywhere. No trick questions. Just why do you want to work here, what is your experience. I met my new manager at a local coffee shop. The store had not opened yet so it was fun to set it up as well. If you have retail experience it should be no problem to get a job at Soma.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest qualities?   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soma Intimates in January 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. The lady just asked me to tell her about myself. It was more of a conversation. She asked my availability. But we never talked pay. The lady said I would hear from her by the end of the day but I didn't. She called me back almost a week later with an offer. I would have accepted but once I asked her about the pay, I declined.