Sonic Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.0

EHR Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonic Healthcare (Providence, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was first interviewed by connect team manager from RI on phone. Then supervisor from NY scheduled phone interview to discuss same. Both the interviews went well. On follow up - after 2-3 weeks, they forwarded my resume to director of connect team and was scheduled for an in-person interview on RI location. During the interview we talked about my background, Sonic's current projects and future projects. Interview went very well and it was very light. We discussed many things regarding MU2, my current work and other EHR related stuff. Once I was done interviewing with the director, manager who first interviewed me on phone came in and discussed team structure, team members and some sensitive information about Sonic's internal work environment, previous boss etc. That went well too; but then at the end I was revealed that I am on hold and Sonic will let me know if any other opportunities come across in future.

At one point manager was talking about team members name, how long they have been working in the team, previous boss and after like 5 minute she mentioned that "They dont have opportunity right now". Which was really shocking.

1. Why would you call a candidate if you dont have opening for third round, specially to meet with director?
    2. If you really dont want to hire someone then why would you talk about team so much in detail that the person would think that "I am being provided thorough detail means at some point I am getting a job".
    3. During in person interview I was revealed regarding "no opportunity". So its not like that manager discussed sensitive information about team because she has to. If she knew that I am not hired, then why would you discuss it?

I am not disappointed because I am not selected but because I was talked about work culture, teams, future projects in a way pretending like they are 100% planning to hire you. Usually such info are mentioned when you are being selected.

I still wonder; why am I not selected? Because I was mentioned many time during email, phone call and even during in person interview that "You have skills and knowledge we are looking for. Considering your experience we wont have to train you much". So what went wrong?

I appreciate if Sonic ever give me the reason why despite of falling into "perfect candidate" category, I was rejected. Thanks!

EHR Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sonic Healthcare (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

OFFER GIVEN, ACCEPTED, THEN RESCINDED.

In March I was interviewed on my school campus in Austin with an awesome guy in person. He was great and he seemed to really like me. I was contacted two or three weeks later for 2 phone interviews with 2 managers. Whole process took 2 months.

The first week of May, I got a voicemail on Friday from the Manager in NY (the position was in Austin) saying that this is the call I've been waiting for, implying that I had been given the job offer and to give him a call back.

So, I called back the same day (Friday) and he told me I got the job. The only details I was given were the salary (60k) and 2 weeks PTO including sick days. I told him thank you and asked what the next steps are in the process. He said I have to accept the position verbally first before I am given an offer letter. So I said I would give him a call on Monday, which was the next working day and this call was happening after hours on Friday. My immediate excitement in that moment would've said yes to the job right there, but I wanted to think logically.

Over the weekend, I did some research and found out that you shouldn't accept anything even verbally until you've seen everything in writing. I mean that is obviously the smarter thing to do, is to get written details first. So on Monday I tried to contact him, but he said he was in the ER all day and can't get to his phone. I wanted to have this conversation over the phone so I tried to get in touch with him on Tuesday. On Tuesday he was in meetings for most of the day so he told me I can reach him after. I spoke to him around 2pm on Tuesday to ask him any last questions I had about the position and then tell him that I would feel more comfortable if I was able to get the job offer in writing before accepting. He told me that this company does not do that because they don't like other companies finding out about their offer details (ok makes sense, but that also sounds a bit shady). So after asking him a few questions he told me that if I'm not sure then he is going to have to pursue other candidates. (Note: this is only Tuesday and I was given the offer the immediate previous Friday, why would I not be able to ask questions about an offer before I accept it? Maybe I should not have taken a verbal acceptance so seriously, but I was just trying to be sure before I committed even verbally. Isn't that the more honorable thing to do?) So I said okay Ill let you know my decision today, and then immediately called him back after speaking with my husband. He didn't answer his office phone so I left him a voicemail accepting the job offer and thanked him again for the position. I also emailed him to tell him I left him the voicemail and thanked him again for answering my questions and giving me this opportunity.

The next day (Wednesday) he hadn't gotten back to me yet, so I emailed him and called him to ask if he had gotten my voicemail and what the next steps in the process were. He emailed me at the end of the day and told me he will call me the next day (Thursday) with HR so that we can discuss the position further. He called me Thursday morning with HR and he said that he told me he would move further with other candidates while I hadn't accepted the verbal offer, and that basically they had moved on with the position. HR was on the phone to mediate I guess? I then replied to him and told him that I was given the offer Friday, he wasn't available on the phone on Monday, and Tuesday was the day that I asked him questions and accepted the offer. He basically said yes that is what happened and didn't have anything to say after that. I said ok thank you and good bye.

This company gave me an offer Friday and rescinded the offer less than a week later. They barely gave me 48 business hours to even think about it and they also never told me there is a deadline. I think they want people who don't ask them any questions and wanted me to accept the position without even thinking. They are an unprofessional company, and after looking at all of these reviews it really seems like they have a lot of shady business going on in management. They do not seem to care about their employees or potential employees. It seems as if they are a very strict and rigid company. I had the right to ask them the three questions I had about the job, and to ask for my offer in written detail. If that causes them to take back an offer well then that's just unfair, unprofessional, and stupid. Please think twice before accepting a job here. And ask them a lot of questions about their job culture because that matters a lot and it doesn't seem like they have any.

Interview Questions

• Went over resume   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what is the best EHR to work with and what is the worst? Which one is your favorite?   Answer Question

Interface Implementation Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sonic Healthcare (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was in person, first talked about type of jobs available, after which we discussed any roles I would like. Then talked about my resume and experiences. Lastly I asked questions in regards to jobs and his experience.

In-Office Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sonic Healthcare (East Providence, RI) in February 2016.

Interview

Very unofficial and unorganized. I had worked for this company previously so I called a former Supervisor to see if they were hiring. She confirmed she had an opening and she confirmed with her manager. Once I arrived there was new hr management so they made me reapply which held up the start date by 2 weeks. Not to mention I relocated to take this job.

Interview Questions

• If I could work under the new management and policies.   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonic Healthcare (Augusta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online ,emailed interview, then in office conference interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to travel 100 miles to work with paid mileage?   Answer Question