Soshace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Soshace

3.1

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soshace (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

3 stages of interview process with medium level questions. It was overally good and successfull at identifying level of the developer. To compare this process with other firms, it is considered as good.

Back End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soshace (Louisville, KY) in January 2020.

Interview

Preliminary Interview followed by written test, technical screen share, and reference checks. Process required additional information such as standardized portfolio, photos and other details used to fill out the (international) contract.

Interview Questions

Soshace Response

Feb 6, 2020 – HR Lead

Thank you for your review!

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Soshace in July 2019.

Interview

that was a very good experience for me. from the first step of the interview I was amazed by how this remote team is managed and organized.

The first step was an online test with 120 minutes of time.
    I got the test result in one working day.
    they asked me to prepare a portfolio about all of my Django projects containing screenshots, details and my roles in each project.
    after that, I had a 60-minute video call with one of the HR managers of the Soshace.
    in that session, we talked about my Django portfolio, my experience, my salary and so on.
    after that, I had a 120-minute video call with the technical manager. this session had 2 parts. the first part was the coding part that you had to write codes while you shared your screen and the technical manager was watching. that was so hard for me because that situation made me so anxious. in the second part, we talked about my experience and the manager asked me questions about logging, monitoring, performance enhancement, NoSQL, scaling and many other advanced concepts.
    the nice part of the last interview session with the technical manager for me was that he wasn't result driven in the coding part. he was looking forward to finding out how I think and how I try to solve the problem.
    ** remember to write a TDD code in the coding part of the interview ;-)
    *** they fully considered my situations and waited for me about 6 months to prepare the requested documents.
    in one word that was a fantastic experience for me :-)

Interview Questions

• coding question number one was the vending machine example. you enter a coin and it has to return the remaining with the coins it has.   1 Answer
    • what was your last challenge in recent projects   1 Answer

Jan 22, 2020 – HR Lead

Thank you for such a detailed review. We continuously strive to make our interview process faster and more objective. Since July 2019 we re-considered our interview steps so online test and HR call steps are shorter. Our goal is to find a good remote project for our candidates as soon as possible.
    If a candidate works on a project, we'll wait till the current project is over and start looking for projects without any additional assessment from our side.

Javascript Developer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soshace (Remote, OR) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 interviews.
    In the first phase, they will go over your CV and asked to make an appointment for the first call if you passed.

In the second phase, you will be on a call with an HR describing your basic background and ability in working remotely. A work portfolio is also asked to make during this.

In the third phase you will need to go over a two and half hour online test including the stack you state you are capable of doing. Covering from CSS, HTML5, Js (Angular, Vue, React, React Native), design patterns.

In the fourth phase you will be on a technical interview doing live coding with two practical/algorithm problems to solve.

Then the last phase you will get in touch with some real client questions and are provided meaningful guide on the questions.

Interview Questions

• How often should you make commits? Daily or when a specific work pack is completed?   Answer Question

Jul 9, 2019

Great to hear your comments! Thanks for sharing your experience with us and the community.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soshace in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 interviews.

First call was a "phone screen" type with an HR person with questions about the reason of looking for a remote job, previous work experiences and general background questions.

Second was a written test. The questions touched on vanilla JavaScript, React, React Native, Angular, design patterns.

Third was a technical interview in person with live coding. There were two problems to be solved, 15-20 mins each. They were average algorithm problems.

The last interview was with the client. General questions asked by the client included a coding problem and framework and tools related questions.

Interview Questions

Soshace Response

Jul 9, 2019 – HR Lead

Thank you for your comments! We do our best to make an interview process as smoothly as possible!

Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soshace.

Interview

it started with hr interview through internet calling then coding test through share screen for NodeJS then another technical interview for ReactJs, experience questions and asking for 4 references to check.

Interview Questions

Soshace Response

Apr 9, 2020 – HR Lead

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soshace in March 2020.

Interview

The interview consisted of several steps. Several conversations with HR, online quiz for 2 hours, pretty standard live coding of two tasks (one algorithmic and one for a framework of choice) with their technical specialist. The thing to consider is a mandatory background check. If I didn't have feedback from my previous teams, I don't think I would've get an offer.

Interview Questions

Soshace Response

Apr 2, 2020 – HR Lead

Thank you for the detailed description of Soshace interview process. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soshace in February 2020.

Interview

I got the response the next day after I applied. The HR manager sent me a quiz with multiple-choice questions about JS, HTML/CSS, React, Node, etc. When I passed the test, I received an invitation to the online coding session.

Interview Questions

Soshace Response

Feb 27, 2020 – HR Lead

Thank you for posting a review on Soshace recruitment process. We strive to make it as fast as possible for all the candidates.

Frontend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soshace in February 2020.

Interview

1st step, online test: General questions, MCQ about languages/tools, Algorithm tasks.

2nd step, interview with an engineer: algorithm task, simple project, technical questions. The interviewer was an engineer who makes you feel comfortable.

They are very collaborative and highly engaged to make start working. Very nice experience.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10, if we ask your manager what grade he/she will give to you? (explain your answer)   Answer Question

Mar 18, 2020 – HR Lead

Thank you for a detailed description of our interview process. Soshace team will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gdańsk (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Soshace (Gdańsk (Poland)) in January 2020.

Interview

The process started with online technical test (multiple choice questions and a few coding tasks), followed by HR interview, live coding session (shared screen) and technical interview. I was finally asked to provide some references (former clients / supervisors). Very good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Live coding: create a Django app that displays information about Pokémon using PokéAPI.   Answer Question

Feb 25, 2020 – HR Lead

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.