Sotera Defense Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sotera Defense Solutions

2.0

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions in December 2014.

Interview

A rep asked if I was interested in the position. I said yes. HR sent an offer letter, then contacted me by phone and email to let me know that I'd received their offer. I signed the letter and sent it back.

Interview Questions

• Only one question: "Do you want the position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

One offer, one acceptance

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Tysons, VA).

Interview

Met them at a career hiring event. Applied for a position and didn't hear back. 2 months later the intel recruiter reached out and invited me to a hiring event. Met with an employee and chatted for 15 minutes and was offered a position on the spot. Overall smooth process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions in September 2010.

Interview

One of their recruiters found my resume online and just called me one day. They said they would hook me up with a phone call with the hiring manager the next day but I actually just talked to another person on the contract who just described the position to me. I was expecting to be asked a lot of questions but nothing like that happened. It was nice because they had already made up their mind based on my resume that they were going to hire me.

Overall, I was very pleased with the interview process.

I also feel that I need to say, this interview was with GTEC (the good company before Sotera).

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions except about my salary requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me a price and I told them my number. Without missing a beat, they said that was a good number (I asked too low apparently).

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (McLean, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. They will call you if they like your resume and will invite you to their corporate headquarters in McLean or Herndon (depending on division). The interviews are pretty casual and are usually one-on-ones with a Project or Program Manager. If they like you and think you'll be a good fit, you will find out quickly.

Interview Questions

• What was my expected salary was the hardest question. The intel community is getting hit pretty hard and this can be a tricky question that can cost you an opportunity. You will need to be realistic. Plus, Sotera is a sub-contractor on most contracts so they will pay a tad less since they have to pay the prime contractor per FTE.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was quick and not really a negotiation. The company doesn't like to negotiate since there are lots of people looking for jobs. Be careful and don't overplay your hand.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

there was no interview. I applied, I was sent information on a phone conference with about 10 others going over the details and the power point that was emailed to us. and our location to report to was given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they underbid government contracts so it's not likely you'll have room to negotiate

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Vienna, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interview process. Initially met the team supervisor and customer representative. Fairly casual questions with little in the way of technical know how required. Second meeting was with the head of the customer's team and another company supervisor. More technical questions as well as inquiries into history working in customer support, scenarios in how to handle specific events (VIP calls, etc.).

Interview Questions

• If a VIP calls, what is the first thing you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (North Charleston, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

Standard interview, nothing out of the norm

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Normal

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions in October 2011.

Interview

Sought out by company while working as a CTO in a competitor company. The process included meeting with the SVP for Business Development and the Chief Executive Officer. Once interviews were completed the HR department submitted an initial offer letter based on prior negotiation with the hiring official (SVP).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was straight forward

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. The most difficult (more so annoying) part for me was all of the security clearance processing. As most know the form is nearly 100 pages in length and if you have traveled extensively be prepared to have notes of all dates and destinations. Overall it was a good process.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Very brief, but friendly. Gave a long history of why they do what they do, wasn't asked a lot of questions, talked more about what I would be doing. I would have liked to have more information on how long the clearance process took