Sotera Defense Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.0

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Met them at a career hiring event. Applied for a position and didn't hear back. 2 months later the intel recruiter reached out and invited me to a hiring event. Met with an employee and chatted for 15 minutes and was offered a position on the spot. Overall smooth process.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (McLean, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

They basically held a "recruitment fair" where they contacted around 100-200 people who had applied over the past 2 years (however unqualified) and had them drive to Virginia to interview for a handful of positions. Applicants in attendance ranged from overqualified to extremely unqualified. Interview was less than 5 minutes, very basic questions. Interviewer had not read my resume. Ultimately a waste of time.

Manager, Project and Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Herndon, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Happened very fast. first a phone interview then in person that lasted over two hours. Too many people in one day. Six in all that day. then to took over a month to hear back on if I was picked I thought it was a no go because I have not heard any thing in over three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do your contract set ups?
      What is your management style?
      Why are you look to come here?   1 Answer

Computer Exploitation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Alexandria, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email back within a day or two to setup a phone interview. Went over my experience and expectations about what the position. The phone interview went well and had an in person interview where I was ask some technical questions and then again went over what the position duties would be. I was happy with the process and how quick the recruiter got back to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be okay with presenting findings in a brief.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email expressing interest the same day. Next day I was contacted by phone, then the day after had a phone interview. Very simple. All questions were regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager asking if I was interested in the position. This led to a face-to-face interview at the company's office. It was pretty formal, but no "test" was given, just basic, overarching questions about your knowledge of the work to be done. There were also some questions on how you would react to certain situations. Interview took about an hour and a half. I was called a week later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you introduce an idea to a person who is historically adverse to change?   Answer Question

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Vienna, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interview process. Initially met the team supervisor and customer representative. Fairly casual questions with little in the way of technical know how required. Second meeting was with the head of the customer's team and another company supervisor. More technical questions as well as inquiries into history working in customer support, scenarios in how to handle specific events (VIP calls, etc.).

Interview Questions

• If a VIP calls, what is the first thing you do?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions in July 2015.

Interview

This was a 2 step interview, The first interview was by phone from a recruiter, flowed by Sotera IT manager. After applying online I was called for first interview about 2 days after. They asked simple questions about my resume and gave me information about position. The Second call from the IT manager was a more in depth questionnaire about my previous work experience and what I would be doing in the position as well as salary and benefits.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

there was no interview. I applied, I was sent information on a phone conference with about 10 others going over the details and the power point that was emailed to us. and our location to report to was given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they underbid government contracts so it's not likely you'll have room to negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions in December 2014.

Interview

A rep asked if I was interested in the position. I said yes. HR sent an offer letter, then contacted me by phone and email to let me know that I'd received their offer. I signed the letter and sent it back.

Interview Questions

• Only one question: "Do you want the position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

One offer, one acceptance