Sotera Defense Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2016

2.1

Manager, Project and Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Herndon, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Happened very fast. first a phone interview then in person that lasted over two hours. Too many people in one day. Six in all that day. then to took over a month to hear back on if I was picked I thought it was a no go because I have not heard any thing in over three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do your contract set ups?
      What is your management style?
      Why are you look to come here?
      1 Answer

Computer Exploitation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Alexandria, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email back within a day or two to setup a phone interview. Went over my experience and expectations about what the position. The phone interview went well and had an in person interview where I was ask some technical questions and then again went over what the position duties would be. I was happy with the process and how quick the recruiter got back to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be okay with presenting findings in a brief.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email expressing interest the same day. Next day I was contacted by phone, then the day after had a phone interview. Very simple. All questions were regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience from the very beginning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager asking if I was interested in the position. This led to a face-to-face interview at the company's office. It was pretty formal, but no "test" was given, just basic, overarching questions about your knowledge of the work to be done. There were also some questions on how you would react to certain situations. Interview took about an hour and a half. I was called a week later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you introduce an idea to a person who is historically adverse to change?   Answer Question

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Vienna, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interview process. Initially met the team supervisor and customer representative. Fairly casual questions with little in the way of technical know how required. Second meeting was with the head of the customer's team and another company supervisor. More technical questions as well as inquiries into history working in customer support, scenarios in how to handle specific events (VIP calls, etc.).

Interview Questions

• If a VIP calls, what is the first thing you do?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions in July 2015.

Interview

This was a 2 step interview, The first interview was by phone from a recruiter, flowed by Sotera IT manager. After applying online I was called for first interview about 2 days after. They asked simple questions about my resume and gave me information about position. The Second call from the IT manager was a more in depth questionnaire about my previous work experience and what I would be doing in the position as well as salary and benefits.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

there was no interview. I applied, I was sent information on a phone conference with about 10 others going over the details and the power point that was emailed to us. and our location to report to was given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they underbid government contracts so it's not likely you'll have room to negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions in December 2014.

Interview

A rep asked if I was interested in the position. I said yes. HR sent an offer letter, then contacted me by phone and email to let me know that I'd received their offer. I signed the letter and sent it back.

Interview Questions

• Only one question: "Do you want the position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

One offer, one acceptance

Senior Field Software Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (Killeen, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The easiest of the 3 companies I have worked for in this field. The interview and hiring process was fast and painless. The interview was located at a centralized location with an HR rep and IT professional there conducting the interviews. The entire process took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Under new contract, but was slow getting the time codes out to users. I realize that the government had much to do with the delay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No issues, very quick and easy.

All-Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sotera Defense Solutions (McLean, VA).

Interview

I was called after submitting an application on the company web-site. The phone interview seemed very appropriate, not over the top stressful but not too casual. I was asked general questions about some of my experiences as per my resume, and then drawn toward topics within the resume that pertained to the job I was interviewing for. I came to realize that I was being considered for a position on a contract in which Sotera was not the prime, but a sub. The position was one of not many that Sotera had on the contract, and each was highly sought after. At the conclusion of the phone interview, the interviewer told me he wanted to get me on the phone with the prime PM that was running the contract. We did that, and the rest is history. Spoiler alert – I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected enough for me to remember.   1 Answer