Southeastern Freight Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southeastern Freight Lines Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.7

Billing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines.

Interview

I was called and had to pass a data entry test before being interviewed with the manager. He asks a lot of questions, then informs you that if you can not process the required amount of bills, then you will part ways. Then he shows you around the billing area before leaving.

Interview Questions

• Can you work under pressure?   Answer Question
    • Can you handle sitting in the same spot for 8 plus hours? As overtime is routinely required.   Answer Question

P&D Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines in February 2016.

Interview

Straight forward questions. Why should Southeastern hire you? Tell us about yourself? Tell the truth about everything on your MVR. They already pulled it for the interview. They want to see if you are trustworthy. Big for this family owned company.

Interview Questions

• If you see an employee stealing and got away with it,the only person who saw it was you. What would you do or not do?   2 Answers

Procedure and Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines (Lexington, SC).

Interview

Interview was professionally done. It was just myself and the head of the department (who conducted the interview). The interview lasted about and hour. The questions were pretty standard interview questions as well as discussion about the position and what it all entails. I unfortunately did not get offered the position but the company was respectful enough to contact me by phone and let me know that I did not get the position.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines (South Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an experience that I would not forget. Even they (SEFL) gave me the opportunity to work, the interview was very challenging. I would also like to add that this is a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can adapt to our system?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Think twice if you really want to be part time.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty long and also very confusing. i was not able to get any straight answers out of anyone and it was very difficult to get anyone on the phone to talk to about anything.

Interview Questions

• Are you excited to come to work for one of the best LTL companies in the world?   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines (Memphis, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Short and brief! I enjoyed talking with the people hiring! They called me back and they were easy to get in touch with! When I was called in there was no pressure! Talked with each other as if we knew each other. Did all they could to get me on!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever driven a fork lift before   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Fast and pain free. As I already had experience with Dock work. There were not really any skill questions as I already had the experience. It was mainly about how there is a high turn over with employees on the dock and wanted to make sure that I would be at work everyday.

Interview Questions

• Are you wanting to seek further opportunities with SEFL   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines.

Interview

I was pre-screened for the interview by a staffing company. My references were called and the staffing company requested transcripts and talked to me on the phone several times before the interview.

The recruiter from the staffing company said the interview would last about 2-3 hours. In fact, I was done in about 1 hour. I first talked about all sorts of high-level stuff with one of the VP's for about 15-20 minutes and spent the remaining time in a conference room with a panel of technical managers. Much to my surprise, no one asked me any technical questions about Java or programming in general and the one behavioral question was about how I dealt with conflict in groups. I answered a few high-level questions about my projects and my academic background.

While I liked the people I met and everything seemed to run smoothly, this interview felt a little strange because other entry-level developer interviews I have had have been far more technical.

Interview Questions

• I did not get any truly technical questions. The closest one interviewer got to that was to ask me how I felt about using the vi editor in Linux.   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines (Chester, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

On-line application, 20 minute interview, a couple of call backs, and a two week wait for background check. Road test was quite extensive but not hard. Had to wait for the regional Safety manager to come from Rocky Mountain, NC.

Interview Questions

• If I would be interested in leadership.   1 Answer

P and D Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southeastern Freight Lines (Birmingham, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

Was the worst interview experience I've had my whole life. They make you feel worthless during this process. Their are a lot better positions out there than this one. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were hostile and belittling. They think they are better than everyone else.   2 Answers

To much pressure