Southwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Southwire

2.9

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

online application ( mid November) followed immediately by online personality assessment. At the end of that online session, I was asked to continue by scheduling an assessment at their Carrollton Employment center. First open date wasn't until the first week of January. Passed that (mechanical aptitude and personality) so the computer scheduled the next step- PPE (physical performance evaluation), again first available slot wasn't until the last week of January. That took 4 hours to test 3 stations. Passed. The "intern" conducting the tests offered congratulations, then informed those who pass that you may or may not hear from HR for a face-to-face. Being an intern, he wasn't allowed to say much more than that. Just, can you work any shift needed and are you still interested based on the plants minimum hourly rate? That was 8 days ago. Honestly a frustrating process. So much time and effort spent by both parties, passing each evaluation, and I may not even receive the courtesy of a phone call by HR. I hope more is to come but the process makes me wonder about the corporate culture and treatment of its production workers.

Interview Questions

• The computer "mechanical aptitude" test was fairly easy for me but the fail rate seems to be high. Plenty of online practice tests available via google for anyone who wants to prepare.
      I expected more math than what was on the test.   2 Answers

Ar Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwire.

Interview

My process so far was very pleasant. From what I have learned about Southwire. This would be an ideal place to start a career. As the culture sound like one that i would love to be apart of.

Interview Questions

• Was is my worst struggle with AR.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied for an internship and was called the next day for an interview. The interview was that same week and very casual/laid back.

I was called later that day for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was the beginning of the following week and was hired in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in Excel

Where do you see yourself in 5 years

Goals   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwire in June 2016.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview with the VP after going through human resources. After about a thirty minute conversation with the VP, I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a regular process of putting an app in getting a call back and going up for the interview, ever interview I ever had at southwire was really laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Southwire posted a job ad in my university's Computer Science department. E-mailed my résumé in and they came on campus a few days later for interviews. The interview itself seemed pretty standard, and the questions centered mostly around verifying my résumé's accuracy. However, the recruiters weren't very specific in defining the roles and responsibilities of an intern at Southwire. Because of that, I not only had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I wasn't quite sure how to sell myself either. They assured me they'd keep in touch, and about a year later, I have yet to hear back from them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwire.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews.
    1- going in to fill out an application and meet with an HR representative
    2- an interview with the director and vice president
    3- a phone interview

Interview Questions

• to describe previous jobs and work experience, why I wanted to work at Southwire, long term and short term goals   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

filled out application, Interviewed with HR Manager, and then with Director of finance. All one on one interviews who all asked about the same things. The director asked a little more job specific questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Sat down with manager. We spoke for about thirty minutes about the company and how I would fit. After speaking with the manager, they introduced me to the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for the next 10 years?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwire in October 2016.

Interview

Took at least three to four weeks. Did two interviews, First one with the HR and the second one with my managers. Just be patient with the process.