Southwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwire Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA).

Interview

Very easy and laid-back. I was first interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. when that went well, I had two face-to-face interviews with the design team and the marketing team respectively. We talked about my school/career history and there were no tricky questions. However, the marketing team told me that their opinion on my interview with them has no weight on whether or not I get hired.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you apply to work at Southwire in the first place?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwire.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter over the phone, and that went very well. They quickly scheduled me for an on-site interview. After taking off work to drive 2 hours to the interview, the manager asked me three questions and then spoke to me about the best way to raise kids. She didnt ask one question about my experience or work history. The Plant Manager was supposed to be in the interview, and didn't feel that it was important to show up. I was there about 40 minutes total, and that was only because I asked a lot of questions. They completely wasted my time.

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA).

Interview

Straightforward. VP of the division and Director of HR usually conduct the interview process. Notification of employment was quick and they were accommodating. Standard documentation and background checks are conducted. They sometimes work through recruiters and sometimes hire directly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you are perfect for this job.   Answer Question

District Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwire (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Was connected through peer that worked at company. I submitted my resume directly to the Regional Manager. I was quickly contacted and had an Iphone Facetime interview. From their I was scheduled to do a ride along with the current DMS that I would be backfilling for. During the second day of the ride along I had an unplanned face to face interview with the Regional Manager. After the interview I was told I would be contacted that night with his decision. I was contacted the following day with a verbal offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• -What makes you qualified to fill a sales position?
      -If hired, what would you do with the position?
      -What three words would your past coworkers or peers use to describe you and why?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwire (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I received an email that they wanted to interview me without having even applied (I am a college student). Went to the campus interview, interviewed 1 on 1 with a recruiter, very casual. I thought it went well, they said I would receive a response within a few weeks. Never heard back

Interview Questions

• No real questions, it was just a discussion.   1 Answer

Director Or Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwire (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

1st Interview was with a RPO - it was not a good candidate experience. Poor communication from the Agency/RPO vendor. Not a good representation of the company.
    2nd Interview was face to face with 3 people. Great feel to the interview 2 of the 3 was very engaging and took time to ask questions and describe details around the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwire (Auburn, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus after connecting at a career fair. The interview was pretty basic. It was a bunch of personality questions. The Head recruiting guy is a bit sketchy who is really bad at communicating when and where the interview will take place. Other then that it was a good interview experience just make sure you have master knowledge of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you solved a problem with a team.
      A bunch of questions regarding resume.
      Strengths and Weaknesses.   Answer Question

Co-op Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwire (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiter at career fair at my college.I was then given an on campus 30 min interview. The interview was all behavioral questions and it was with a person from HR and a manager of the plant. I was not contacted until a one month and a half later, and was offered another interview at the plant.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of questions about my resume, why do I want to Co-Op, Why Southwire, Name one weakness, talk about a time you worked in teams...   Answer Question

Ar Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwire.

Interview

My process so far was very pleasant. From what I have learned about Southwire. This would be an ideal place to start a career. As the culture sound like one that i would love to be apart of.

Interview Questions

• Was is my worst struggle with AR.   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwire.

Interview

Phone interview and on site interview went very well. They were detailed and attentive. Post position did not necessarily match what they verbally expressed what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• One person asked about the transition I experienced when I moved to the deep South   Answer Question