Spansion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Insignificant Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spansion (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Tried to lowball me for 3 months. Started negotiations and all they could talk about was their furlough in previous years. Then they used the furlough as an excuse to lowball me for 3 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

3 months. Tried to lowball me

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Spansion (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with the CEO and included other members of HR and the leadership team. The interviews were inconsistent in terms of quality of questions, focus of interview and maintaining a schedule. A couple of people appeared to have very little idea of the role or why I was there.

Interview Questions

The offer was verbally extended but never produced in writing.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spansion in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very standard but swift, HR contacted me via email since he saw my resume posted on a career website. I got a phone interview soon after I talked to HR. The hiring manager asked me technical questions (mostly) which I was able to answer correctly.

1. what are the steps of getting into test mode?
    2. what steps would you take to implement test time reduction effectively?
    3. how do you go about failure analysis?
    4. what are the differences between different advantest tester models?
    5. how is NAND different with NOR flash? what are the applications?

Interview Questions

• Draw a transistor level diagram to show how a certain stress methodology works.
      what are the differences between a GOSUB statement and a MACRO statement in the Advantest language   Answer Question

Negotiation

Back then, Spansion would easily give counteroffers in case you have other options.
    In general, you will know if they are willing to go an extra mile to hire you.
    Good experience overall.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spansion (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed as senior software developer for EDA - related to existing job

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move from current comany   1 Answer

Salary expectations not satisfied.

Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spansion (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was streamlined .It was my best interview till date and the people there were so nice and warm that I have no words to describe .Had 2 phone screen and an onsite with 8 ppl , right from Director to the engineers/

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is pretty standard and since I am a fresher I couldn't negotiate further

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spansion in May 2010.

Interview

Cookie cutter interview, nothing to write about as any company's recruitement process, submit your resume, recruiter interview, face to face for 3-4 interviews, sit around and wait to see if you got the job or not, repeat this cycle few more times and that is how the screening always works.

Interview Questions

• what makes you feel you should be hired over other qualified candidates?   1 Answer

Product Engineer (Member of Technical Staff) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spansion (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process happens quite smoothly, since I've researched into the company white papers and the job are pretty much compatible to what I did previously. The people who interviewed me were professional and friendly. There were tricky question that was outside of the work I was doing. There was even some questions that I believed were taken out of IQ test.

Interview Questions

• How do you characterize a flash memory device?
      What is the process of qualification of a semiconductor product?
      How do you do support oversea operation?   Answer Question

Wafer Fab Technician Interview

Interview

Hiring for manufacturing is now done through a temp service with opportunities to be brought in house. Interviewing uses includes open ended questions such as "name a time where you had to work with a team to get a job done?" or "name a time where you had to resolve a conflict with your co-workers" or "give an example of a time you had to multi-task."

Interview Questions

• The dreaded question "what is your weakness" should always be expected in an interview. It doesn't always come up, but one should be prepared for it. Also, do not be afraid to sell yourself if the question of your strengths comes up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spansion in January 2008.

Interview

process is lose. everyone has his own style. Some technical questions but not many.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Netanya (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spansion (Netanya (Israel)) in May 2011.

Interview

i was interviewed twice in the same day, the first one was by my two managers. the interview was simple questions about circuit in VLSI such as: capacitance, simple pump methodology, buffering, (very similar to VLSI course summery from the technion). the second interview was with a senior analog designer, it was hard and not well organized.

the second day was HR interview and straight after the job proposal

Interview Questions

• i was drawn a circuit and what does it do, the circuit included a bunch of transistors and as a non experience i had no idea what i was looking at.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was asked to say the expected salary, and then about half an hour later i got the proposal, a little lower.