Spark New Zealand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spark New Zealand Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.1

Customer Service Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland (New Zealand)) in June 2017.

Interview

this process was very lengthy and stressful only to be told by the recruitment agency that Spark 'has decided to hire internally - for all 10 positions available'.

Time total: a month
    Process:
    - Typing test (through their recruitment agency)
    - 30 min phone interview (through their recruitment agency)
    - Online chat simulation test - 20 minutes (through their recruitment agency)
    - Chat simulation self reflection questions – over an hour to complete (through their recruitment agency)
    - Fill out police and credit check information
    - 30 minute phone interview with Spark
    - Have my references be called by their agency
    - Phoned over a week later to be told start dates etc are being pushed back but they are happy with my application
    -Phones two days later by recruitment agency (not Spark themselves) to be told I missed out because they decided to hire internally.

Warning to all those external applicants for Spark as you may be required to be involved in a lengthy process only to have had 0% chance of getting the job in the first place

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused on feedback
      Eg: Describe your favourite manager and a manager you didn't like.
      What sort of feedback do you prefer?
      How do you handle feedback?
      Name a time you did something wrong; how did you learn from it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand.

Interview

-Invited for an interview with the team lead and hiring manager
    -Waited for feedback
    -Feedback received that I passed and needs character references
    -Feedback received another interview and then job offer

Both the team lead and hiring manager were good and approachable people.

Social Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in August 2016.

Interview

After several phone calls and their interest in hiring me. They decided I wasn't successful after 2 months of stuffing me around. It was hard to get a hold of their recruitment team for any questions and the process of potentially getting a job wasn't very attractive because of the time it took for them to come to a decision.

Associate Analyst Developer (Graduate Position) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland (New Zealand)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview began with an online aptitude/personality test. Candidates who passed the online tests gets invited to their HQ. We were shown a video introducing the company before taking part in two 30 minutes interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The interviews are done with two interviewer and 1 applicant. It was pretty simple. We were told straight up that there will be no coding or anything too technical. Especially since all the students came from different technical backgrounds. What they really was looking for was ambition and creativity.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see technology going in the next 10 years.
      What challenges do you think the company might be facing and what changes should be done.
      What is one App that you think is missing and how you would go about designing it.
      What's your work style
      How do you deal with stresss   Answer Question

Human Resources Team Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland (New Zealand)) in December 2014.

Interview

I was able to meet the people I would be working with, which was helpful for me to decide that the role and company was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What type of management will bring out the best in my performance?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2014.

Interview

3 technical interview very hard questions including networking fundamentals
    network security basic
    IP address basic and advanced skill questions
    OSI layer 1 to 7 in detail
    routing protocol like OSPF and BGP

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2013.

Interview

Two step interview process. The company relies heavily on networking, and less on qualifications in fields such as sales and marketing. Focus on how you would manage a high-value Key account portfolio. What disciplines Spark expect from you in terms of relationship management and account growth.

Interview Questions

• Being an ICT focused company, a lot of questions would probe your knowledge and passion for cutting edge technology solutions.   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Wellington (New Zealand)) in July 2013.

Interview

2 levels of interview both of them were technical rounds. Asked the IT process, release, development, production support, maintenance areas.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward didnt feel difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2013.

Interview

bad introduction
    Stupid questions for start
    They asked lots of question about the troubleshooting and what action did you do ?
    Then present result of packet capture and ask what is this and what dobyou think abd what kind of problem can you see here ?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Wellington (New Zealand)) in April 2013.

Interview

Was a video conference interview while working in Wellington.
    The interview schedule was smooth and set up in Spark office in Wellington
    Since the interview was through video conference, I was never nervous
    Interview was bit of a technical/personal grilling process
    Technical aspects were chiefly on my areas of expertise
    Personal questions were mainly regarding family backgrounds and residency

Interview Questions

• Questions were chiefly technical on my areas of expertise written in CV
      There were few personal questions as well regarding Visa processes and residency   1 Answer