Sparrow Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sparrow Health System Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System.

Interview

Epic skills test that was easily google-able to find the right answers. It was a weird test, but not hard to do well on. They will also have a third party interviewing consultant call you to ask you screening questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask you how you would feel about answering tickets all day.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System.

Interview

Very touch-and-go HR department. They reached out to me for the position and told me I would have to a skills assessment test. After that, there was absolutely zero communication. Despite multiple attempts to reconnect, I could never get anyone on the phone. Terrible experience overall.

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System (Lansing, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by e-mail and was asked to take EPIC assessment. Following successful completion of exam was given quick phone interview then waited week for first in person interview. Interview was with two managers, and lasted about 90 minutes. Contacted later that week to schedule a second interview the following week. This one was with four people from different job roles to find best fit. After that was a few weeks of waiting while HR sorted through all the paperwork before a job offer was made.

Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System (Lansing, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with my direct supervisor and one of our upper management supervisors in our department. They sat across from me and started by getting to know me a little before they dove into the interview questions. They were very personal and both had smiles on their faces. They would ask a question and let me have a few minutes to think about it before I answered. They were very patient and understanding if I wasn't quite sure how to answer a question. I felt pretty good when I came out of my interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I thought my strongest skill as a sonographer was.   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System (Lansing, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Had to submit an online packet and then have 5 references take a survey on me. They called and offered me an interview and then I met with two random nurse managers and they asked me questions tailored to the answers on my personality quiz.

Interview Questions

• If there is a nurse talking about a patient in the lunch room, how will you respond?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me if I was available for an interview at 1 PM two days later. I replied to the email and said that I was. I then received an email telling me where to meet. When I arrived for the interview about ten other people were at the meeting place dressed in interview clothes. More people continued to arrive. Interviewers came out an called each person one by one. I was interviewed by 3 managers from various units. They asked me six questions, gave me a folder with information about the hospital, and told me there would be a tour at the end if I wanted to attend it. The interview lasted fifteen minutes total. After the interview I sat in the meeting spot to see how long everyone else's interviews lasted, and the average time seemed to be 15 minutes. One week later I received a phone call telling me that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why are you interested in Sparrow?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult patient. How did you deal with them?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a mistake that you have made. How did you solve the problem?   1 Answer
    • How many unexcused absences have you had in the past six months? Why?   1 Answer
    • What are your future career goals?   1 Answer

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call about a week later asking me to come for an interview. I got there and waited for about 20 minutes before the floor manager and a current tech came to take me to the room. The tech was friendly but seemed very tired, but the manager seemed like I was inconveniencing her. They asked some basic questions and then asked me about my experience in the medical field. According to the online application information, no medical experience was required. However, I was asked about my medical field experience and when I said I did not have any, the manager became even more irritated. This is all after she called me, after seeing my resume (with no medical experience) to set up an interview. Left the meeting feeling like a burden and glad to be done with it. She said I would hear in 1-2 weeks about the position, but it took 2 months to get an email saying they were going in a different direction. I don't think it's a bad company, just think that their hiring process needs some work. I drove over an hour to interview for a job that I apparently wasn't qualified for in the first place, and felt like I was being punished for it. Wasted my time as well as the company's.

Patient Access Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System.

Interview

Very simply and easy. I went in and met her and had a great time. She asked a few questions, and showed me around and I felt confident that I was getting the job.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System (East Lansing, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

A lot of steps but it's worth it in the end.

There were one prelimenary test. There were two phone interviews. Then there was one real interview.

Then after all that there was even a drug test.

Even so, it really wasn't too bad. Just refersh on databases and C# and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• If an apple is 40 cents and a grapefruit is worth 80 cents how much is a pear   Answer Question

IT Professional Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sparrow Health System.

Interview

First took EPIC test, then spoke with recruiter for about an hour, then had a reference check, then had an in person interview scheduled, then spoke with recruiter again. I heard absolutely nothing from the company until about a month after my actual in person interview and it was to see how I felt. Then another two weeks later an email explaining they were not offering the position. Overall it was very deceiving considering after my in person interview the recruiter called to say how well everyone received me. No matter, seems that they don't do well with IT retention anyway.