Special Counsel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Special Counsel

2.0

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Austin, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

I had two interviews for this job - the first with a hiring coordinator for Special Counsel and the second directly with representatives of the client. Both were fairly short and straightforward, no tricky or obscure questions. The interviewers were all friendly and conversational, and they made their decision quickly. When they called to offer me the team lead position, I was told the client was impressed with my similar prior experience and my confident demeanor.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Just be prepared to tell them about your prior experience, and show some initiative about what you add to the team and how that will benefit the client, rather than what the client or project can offer you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The rates are not negotiable because they are set by contract between Special Counsel and the client.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a position and then an in person interview at their DTLA office with an associate to verify my credentials and to discuss further to determine if I was a match for the position I applied to. We also discussed the possibility to be a match for other openings that they had.

Interview Questions

• To expand on my work experience at my former employer, to discuss my professional expectations, to expand on my studies, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I was asked about prior document review experience and my longterm goals. They told me about the project, expected time frame project would end, and the salary. I was required to complete a conflicts of interest form that asked you to list every client you have had in the last three years.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Lots of vague back and forth emails, culminating in being told one day that there is a job available for me. There were a lot of times where I just went ahead and wrote the thing off. The interview process was a token, mostly to make sure you were who you said you were and were capable of going in to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you licensed to practice law in Ohio?   1 Answer
    • Are you OK with doing non-traditional attorney work like document review, etc.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was conversational. my interviewer was friendly, and organized. She asked me questions that were easy to answer. The interview was not very long, and I was placed relatively quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Met with HR to talk about where I wanted to placed, what type of work I was looking for, in terms of contract work or permanent placement. Kept in touch with me on a regular basis and always available for updates and to answer questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took a day. The office staff and recruiter I met with were all very nice. I am still waiting for placement, however, the interview with the recruiter was pleasant and took only about 20 minutes. It is very similar to other contract legal firms, but the people working there appeared to smile more than the other places.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have experience with document review?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

brief interview to ask about my background and future goals alignment. Asked about prior assignment with Special Counsel. Interview took approximately 30 minutes. Gave me a timeline of what are the next steps.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the firm via email and got a call withing a few days to come in to interview with a recuiter for a temp to hire position at a small, growing law firm. Recuiter was fantastic, gave me her honest opinion when I disclosed that I had just received a different job offer the previous day. Ultimately, I decided to take the other position.

Interview Questions

• Did I have prior experience as a Paralegal? (This was for an entry-level position with an employer that was looking for someone without experience.)   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

After sending in my resume, I met with 2 of the company's recruiters and reviewed my background and what I was looking for. The recruiters were genuinely interested in finding a position for me that was a "good fit" not just finding me a job. They provided me with a thorough explanation of how their placement agency worked (they place individuals in both contract and permanent positions, etc.) and they explained their expectations of me if they placed me. I felt very comfortable the whole time which was due to the Special Counsel's interviewing style which was non-aggressive. It was more like "how can we help you make your next positive career move." They ended up placing me with a large financial institution in exactly the type of position I was seeking.

I have worked with several recruiting agencies over my 10 year career. Many recruiting agencies treat the people that they place like commodities instead of human beings. Special Counsel is not like that at all. They genuinely care about their employees' placements. It is by far the best recruiting agency to work with from my experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a quick run down of your resume?   1 Answer