Special Counsel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Special Counsel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.9

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Special Counsel.

Interview

The process was very succinct and sweet. We talked about the job for about 1 hour. The office was easy to find and the interviewer was nice. She gave a good idea as to what the job entailed and realistic expectations.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a great experience. The manager was very polite and helpful. We talked about job opportunities based on my skills and knowledge. I answered his questions about my resume, my interests, my legal backround and what kind of job positions would interest me the most. He asked me to describe myself as well as my goals for the future. It was generally more of a friendly talk.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took a day. The office staff and recruiter I met with were all very nice. I am still waiting for placement, however, the interview with the recruiter was pleasant and took only about 20 minutes. It is very similar to other contract legal firms, but the people working there appeared to smile more than the other places.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have experience with document review?   1 Answer

Contracts Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with hiring director, and took some grammar and spelling tests. Talked about my background and what I am interested in. Gave me several pointers about process and how to interview and what kinds of questions I could be asked. Followed up several times with phone calls to set up interview with client. Had phone call prior to interview, and was tasked with sending thank you notes afterwards to interviewers. Sent a voice mail to contact but have not heard back - 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a job now? What have I been doing recently?   Answer Question

Temporary Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Interview

The interview is very short and quick. It is an overall interview to see if you have experience with any of the document review platforms. Be prepared to talk about your work experience and your future plans. Also may be asked about any business or things that could keep you away from work.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the firm via email and got a call withing a few days to come in to interview with a recuiter for a temp to hire position at a small, growing law firm. Recuiter was fantastic, gave me her honest opinion when I disclosed that I had just received a different job offer the previous day. Ultimately, I decided to take the other position.

Interview Questions

• Did I have prior experience as a Paralegal? (This was for an entry-level position with an employer that was looking for someone without experience.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I was asked about prior document review experience and my longterm goals. They told me about the project, expected time frame project would end, and the salary. I was required to complete a conflicts of interest form that asked you to list every client you have had in the last three years.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was conversational. my interviewer was friendly, and organized. She asked me questions that were easy to answer. The interview was not very long, and I was placed relatively quickly.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Special Counsel.

Interview

2-3 rounds of phone/in person interviews. Relatively informal, they just ask about your background/experience and why you want to be a recruiter. Then they tell you about the job and how much money you'll supposedly make - which is very over inflated. They make the job seem easy and it's not, which is why so many in the company fail and don't last more than 6 months. They are not candid in the interview and fail to mention the super high attrition rate of their employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter?   1 Answer

Temporary Document Review Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was held over the phone. The local recruitment coordinator just asked, in essence, why I was interested in the job. I explained my qualifications and she told me about their upcoming opportunities, conflict check, training, and work schedule. She then sent me a detailed application form to complete.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer