Special Counsel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Special Counsel Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

JC in the Dallas office is an unprofessional recruiter. Once integrity is questioned, I lost trust and would really question working with this recruiter. There seems to be dozens of paralegal positions posted on the various internet sites including Glassdoor. JC would never answer the question as to whether the opportunities are actual openings or not. He only wants the candidate to go into his downtown Dallas office to meet with him before he would confirm whether he has actual opportunities. JC then wasted my time because there was really no opportunities available and he is simply gathering resumes for his collection. There was no need to drive all the way into downtown Dallas for an unproductive meeting. Oh, and do not park in JC's downtown office garage since he will not validate the $22 parking fee.

Document Review Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was what you would expect. A simple process of going over my experience. Had to fill out paperwork that was very similar to what I had done online, but that is not unusual.

Privacy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview. The first phone interview was easy and the recruiter was very nice. She asked me to fill out an application, which included current job, salary, expected salary for this position, etc.

After emailing her back my application, I was called back and she said she wanted to discuss some details on my application. The first thing that she brought up was the expected salary that I had put on my application. I did my research here on Glassdoor and other salary sites and found that the average salary for someone in Denver for this position with my experience was in the mid 60k range, so I put 60k as my expected salary. She asked me how I got that information and told her that I had used Glassdoor and other sites to find this information. She then, very rudely told me that my expectations are ridiculous and said “with your experience, you are asking way too much and I don’t understand how you think that you can get that much”. I told her again, that I’m asking under what the average salary in Denver was for this position. She then continued to talk down to me and told me that with my experience that I am at most a Junior Privacy Analyst and that my salary expectations are way too high. She continued saying "I don't understand" and "Explain how you think that you can ask that much" over and over even after I told her how multiple times. It was all very confusing because just two days earlier, she told me that my experience matches up perfectly for the job.

I ended the interview and told her to take me out of consideration for the job and for her to have a good day and hung up. This was a very unprofessional interview and she was a rude and unprofessional recruiter.

Document Review Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and spoke with recruiter. She reviewed and sent me a conflicts of interest form and the policies and procedures guide. We spoke by telephone several times, and I received emails summarizing our conversations each time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work weekends and evenings or at home   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Special Counsel.

Interview

The process was very succinct and sweet. We talked about the job for about 1 hour. The office was easy to find and the interviewer was nice. She gave a good idea as to what the job entailed and realistic expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a great experience. The manager was very polite and helpful. We talked about job opportunities based on my skills and knowledge. I answered his questions about my resume, my interests, my legal backround and what kind of job positions would interest me the most. He asked me to describe myself as well as my goals for the future. It was generally more of a friendly talk.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took a day. The office staff and recruiter I met with were all very nice. I am still waiting for placement, however, the interview with the recruiter was pleasant and took only about 20 minutes. It is very similar to other contract legal firms, but the people working there appeared to smile more than the other places.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have experience with document review?   1 Answer

Contracts Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with hiring director, and took some grammar and spelling tests. Talked about my background and what I am interested in. Gave me several pointers about process and how to interview and what kinds of questions I could be asked. Followed up several times with phone calls to set up interview with client. Had phone call prior to interview, and was tasked with sending thank you notes afterwards to interviewers. Sent a voice mail to contact but have not heard back - 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a job now? What have I been doing recently?   Answer Question

Temporary Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Interview

The interview is very short and quick. It is an overall interview to see if you have experience with any of the document review platforms. Be prepared to talk about your work experience and your future plans. Also may be asked about any business or things that could keep you away from work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the firm via email and got a call withing a few days to come in to interview with a recuiter for a temp to hire position at a small, growing law firm. Recuiter was fantastic, gave me her honest opinion when I disclosed that I had just received a different job offer the previous day. Ultimately, I decided to take the other position.

Interview Questions

• Did I have prior experience as a Paralegal? (This was for an entry-level position with an employer that was looking for someone without experience.)   Answer Question