Speck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Speck Interview Questions

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Speck (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Phone call interview and in person interview with possibility of second in person interview if progressing through the process. My personal experience was that the recruiter was very friendly and kept me updated throughout the process but actually visiting the Speck office and interviewing with the various managers was cause for concern. My in person interview was very informative. Speck was going through a lot of changes at the time and it was clear at the office. The front office that greeted you was inundated with a mess of packages. Nearly everyone who interviewed me had less than a year at Speck with the exception of one person who had been there for over a year. They were very transparent about the challenges they currently face and asked questions in regards to how the person who got this position would handle it. After being kept in the loop for over a month I was informed that they ended up proceeding with someone else. Overall with my whole experience it didn't seem like a stable place to be at.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Speck (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Friendly individual and panel. First started with phone screening with the recruiter, then hiring manager. Then was brought onsite for several one-ones with cross functional and future team members. Was asked what I wanted from the role and what I felt I could contribute.

Speckan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Speck (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Multiple phone screens - one with outside recruiter, followed by internal HR. Lastly an in-person interview. Three 1-on-1 sessions with relevant team members. Everyone was down to earth and friendly. Wide-range of questions asked: personality to job specific.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Speck.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. I initially submitted my application online and a recruiter emailed me for a phone screen about a week later. After the phone screen, I had a call with the hiring manager and the questions were pretty standard. (Why do you want to work at Speck? What makes you a good fit for the position? What technical skills can you apply to this role? Are you able to work as an individual and as part of a team?) The call went well and then I was asked to visit HQ and meet with the team. I met one-on-one with all of them and they asked a few questions about my qualifications, but mainly ignored my resume and seemed to be more interested in finding a cultural fit.

The whole process took a few weeks and the hourly rate was higher than expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great pay for interns! Didn't need to negotiate

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple process. Two phone interviews then onsite interview with 4-5 people over 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Technical experience questions, but nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question

Not the right fit for me.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Speck (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online.
    Contacted by Recruiter and talked briefly about experience and job position.
    On-site 1:1 interview with a Hiring Manager and HR Manager. Both of the interviews were very open/informal, with no specific format or questions... mainly diving deeper into resume/experience and more in-depth into job position.
    Advancement would have required a second on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Would you every dismiss a supplier based on first impression (less then 2 minutes)?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Speck (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter on the phone and then three interviewers face to face.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Speck.

Interview

The initial screening involved speaking with the company's corporate recruiter. I then interviewed with the head of HR and the company's HR generalist. The process was a bit unorganized and I had to instigate a lot of the communication.

However, the HR team was very friendly, and the interview was very casual and conversational. They did most of the talking and didn't ask too many questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Speck in March 2011.

Interview

Very polite, punctual and timely.

Interview Questions

• What is something will find out about you 6 months from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took my first offer