Spectra Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spectra Logic Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.8

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spectra Logic.

Interview

Basic Basic phone interview, followed by a half day interview with multiple meetings and finished with a cognitive test. One part was a group interview, however, it was obvious it was just regular employees reading/asking more basic questions from other people with very little energy or care.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing unique or memorable. Except if you knew how to drive in snow because the office does not ever close.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectra Logic.

Interview

Applied online, soon later got a phone interview, the phone interview went extremely well, the HR is very down to earth and it's just behavioral questions. Then comes the phone/web interview with a developer and a manager, which consisted of behavioral questions from the manager then came the more technical coding questions from the developer.

Materials Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spectra Logic (Boulder, CO).

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Invited to attend invectives. When I arrived was immediately given an unexpected IQ test.
    3. Interviewed by a panel of 6 peers.
    4. Called back for second interview with 4 people that would report to me, followed by yet another panel interview with 6 more people that would report to me. Interview with hiring manager.
    5. Called back for panel interview with 8 engineers, followed by 1:1 interview with VP Ops.
    6. Received a phone call from HR asking if I could come back to interview with one more person (peer level) who had been on vacation. I refused having already interviewed with 25 people. If they couldn't make a decision, what difference would one more person make?
    7. Received, negotiated, and excepted offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you think you can do this job? (Peer)
      2. Will you care if I come in late every now and again? (Subordinate)
      3. What do you think of the interview process? (VP)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Spectra Logic.

Interview

There are as many as 6 interviews in the interview process. I made it through 4 of them, only to never be notified of anything. The HR contact would not return my emails. I assume they found a candidate because the job was taken down off of their website.

Interview 1:
    - talk with HR and have basic software quiz
    Interview 2 to 4: talk to different people that all ask similar questions.

The company expects a large investment from you in the interview process, but doesn't carry through on their end.

Interview Questions

• They ask a bunch of simple software questions. The first couple of interviews are a waste of time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spectra Logic (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Very poor hiring process. Recruiter had to be reminded over and over again to schedule a phone interview. They forced me to disclose my salary and offered me 10% lower than my then salary. I still decided to join because they told me that they will fast track my promotion and I will be making 10-20% more than my current salary. I got promoted after 6 months but they barely matched my salary to my previous company, let alone exceed it. I quickly decided to leave.

People are of below average intelligence. Not a good place to work unless you have no options.

Interview Questions

• Very simple coding questions. Check is a string is palindrome.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectra Logic.

Interview

Brief phone interview with a non-technical hiring coordinator. Fairly basic questions, just general stuff about resume and interest/motivation for the job. Was told that the next step would be to talk with a technical hiring manager either on phone or in-person, and led to believe that I would get this second interview, but did not hear back. Even when attempting to follow-up with the hiring coordinator I got no response confirming they had moved on. The interview itself was not a bad experience but the lack of even a pre-written "Sorry, we've decided to go with different candidates" type of message after being led on that I made a positive impression ruined the experience for me.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spectra Logic (Boulder, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly normal. Phone interview and then an in-office interview with 2 different people. One person yawned through the interview. It was disconcerting and made me wonder why I was even called in. It was obvious that the whole department was in flux as they were in the process of hiring a new controller. They never should have started interviewing without the key players in place. I never even got a rejection letter, email or call. Frankly, they were so disorganized and uncaring that I didn't want to work there.

Experienced Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectra Logic (Boulder, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Blatantly lied to. Bright picture of change to come was painted, but it quickly became obvious that the interviewer was simply going to join the good 'ol boy network and suck up to a paycheck and bonuses. Attain new warm bodies through deception with the hope they will simply march in step to the dysfunctional culture of chaos, finger-pointing and zero accountability.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on ability to fit into the culture instead of how I could contribute to change and tangible improvements. Should have been a red flag - won't be blind to this approach in the future.   1 Answer

Firmware Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Spectra Logic (Boulder, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a talent acquisition employee, who conducted a quick phone interview to see if I would be interested in the job. Then had an on site interview about 2 weeks later. Talked with the manager of the division I was working in as well as 2 of the employees in that division. Most question were about personality and explaining things on my resume. There was a sprinkle of technical questions, but I don't even think they factored them too heavily into the final decision. Got the decision about 3 weeks after the on site interview

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume, past projects, experience with coding, things like that. Technical questions were draw a jk flip flop and a simple reasoning question relating to how many bits are traveling on a wire based on the data rate of the connection and the length of the wire.   Answer Question

Support Technician Role Interview

Interview

The initial interview with the specialist was pretty simple. The on-site interview was tough. The managers part of the on-site interview was pretty simple with a laid back feeling. They made you already feel like a part of the team. Be prepared for a quick exam after all the interview portions.