Spectrum Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spectrum Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.8

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

The interview process was long. You first have a phone interview with someone from HR. Then someone from the Unit, or other area of the hospital will contact you for an in person interview. My interviewers were wonderful. I felt very comfortable and there were even laughs shared. They did ask some difficult questions but, it is a quality health care institution. I would expect it.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

the interview process was held in a room with administrative managers asking you about personal and past experiences in the security related field. I work on opposite schedules as them and I do not think they would even recognize me if they saw me on the street.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who was great. She was willing to help me in any way. Two interviews with two different positions. Office Managers seemed ok but very intense at times

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Received email about scheduling phone interview along with survey. Phone interview was next day, recruiter informed me that she'll be forwarding my app to the hiring manager. I then received a call a few days later for a in person interview. Scheduled for a week later I met with 4 managers 3 days later received offer from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was something negative on your last work evaluation   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

The interview day included tour and introduction to the department, then interview with 4 people attending, this was more casual than expected as this was over lunch. The day concluded with another interview with 2 top administrators

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working for this specific department   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Fremont, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter requested a phone interview that lasted 30-20 minutes. In the phone interview, the recruiter went over the basics of the position then asked me about my work history. Did a great job explaining the regional location I had applied for- she really was passionate about the Gerber location. After the recruiter interview, I was moved forward to the department supervisor. Interviewed in person with the supervisor- toured the ED. Loved the family-like feel there. I heard from the recruiter 2 days after the interview in person with an offer.

RN, Bsn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an human resources member who asked me general HR questions regarding to what my background was and how I heard about the position, then met with management which included a day time manager and a educator. I was then contacted again by HR the next day and offered a position.

Nurse Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

There were two phone interviews with a recruiter, then an in person with the supervisor of the unit and then I was offered the position and then, hired.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and started by asking me about my nursing interests, and progressed to a description of the position and the facility. She asked a few standard nursing interview questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went above and beyond for a patient or customer   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

External is a much longer process. Internal candidates will be interviewed by a couple of team members for fit and function. Typically, everyone knows each other already so these are more or less an extension of a conversation that already started prior to the internal position being posted. In other words, the hiring manager will usually have someone in mind.

External is always done through HR - there is a vetting process and typically a short interview with the HR resources to ensure you meet the minimal qualifications. At this point your resume will be forwarded on to the hiring manager who will then float it to their senior people for response. In some instances the hiring manager will reach out for a phone call but most often this is delegated to members of the team. Sometimes this will be conversational but it could also be the dreaded behavioral analysis interview - 'tell us about a time where you failed at something'...... blah blah blah. This is painful for everyone involved so just know that it is an HR requirement. We didn't choose to go that route.

Once you make it past the behavioral then there will be a broader interview with other members of the team. Questions will be focused on your fit for the role and also for your interactions with other members of the team. In short, you need to know your stuff and fit with the culture of the team. You may be asked to come in a couple of times and you should know ahead of time that this process drags on much longer than it should.

If you make it past those rounds then HR will authorize the hiring manager to make an offer. Again, this usually takes longer than it should so you might have to wait awhile. Once the offer is made and accepted then you work with HR to finalize the details - start date, drug testing, background check, orientation, etc.......

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview I was presented with a network diagram and asked to walk through it - describe the flow of data, the roles of various pieces if equipment and a determination of how it might be improved upon for a set of given circumstances   Answer Question
    • I was asked about HIPAA security and the difference between required and addressable components.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about current industry certifications   Answer Question
    • I was asked about my education and any internships that might help in the role   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter did most of my negotiation - not sure if it is still possible but I was able to negotiate for more paid time off and accrual rate for time off. I was also able to start with time available for vacation instead of having to build up time through normal accrual. I was able to negotiate for a relocation stipend.