Spectrum Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2018

2.8

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

takes forever to get the interview . I Applied on line only way they take your application . Took 18 months to get my first phone interview and that was after I applied for every job including helicopter pilot. But it worked they noticed me. Then I received 5 jobs at once.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you bring to this job   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application and it took a week or so to hear back that I was offered a phone interview with the recruiter. I had a 15-20 minute conversation with the recruiter and at the end he let me know that he thought I would be a great candidate and that he would pass my name along to the hiring supervisor. I received a phone call from the supervisor a couple hours later and scheduled an in person interview. After the interview, she let me know that she had another interview the next day and that she would let me know either in a couple of days or after she got back from vacation. I received a call from the recruiter after the weekend to let me know that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you define customer service?
      Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Why do you want to work for Spectrum Health?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview with a recruiter that went over my background and asked questions about my previous work, both professionally and volunteer-wise. I was also asked one scenario-based question that required me to refer to my previous employment experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to change the way that you did your day to day work in order to accommodate to a new situation?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health in September 2013.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with HR which lasted approximately 15-20 min asking mostly about which diagnoses I had treated before, and a few situation-type questions. After some time I was scheduled for an in-person interview which was a group-interview style with multiple current employees asking me questions. This was more specific to PT critical thinking skills. I did not get the specific job I was interviewing for, but I was called a few weeks later regarding another position that was open.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a situation where a patient was upset and not able to participate in therapy? If so what did you do to try to help the patient?   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Worcester, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was approached by a search firm that had been entrusted with filling a role on the management team. It seemed like a good organization with good leadership. It turned out to be a little far from my home town, so I decided not to continue the process of seeking a job with them.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Greenville, MI).

Interview

The interview process I must say was not bad. When I went in for the interview everything sounded like it was going to be great. But it was after when you saw that they didn't do like they said. That unless you were favored things didn't go well for you.

Nurse Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

There were two phone interviews with a recruiter, then an in person with the supervisor of the unit and then I was offered the position and then, hired.

Nurse Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

One over the phone interview and one in person interview, talked with nurse manager about job, plans for future, how the floor works, what is expected of me, what I expect from them. Asked about my personality and what I feel I could bring to the staff and patients on our floor.

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in 10 years   1 Answer

Nurse Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

I applied online. I was called the next day for a phone interview and to set up a face to face interview the next day. scheduled the interview and was hired a few hours later. Interview was easy and straight forward. Interviewer was nice and comforting. I didn't feel intimidated at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your hobbies? What type of experience do you have in this position? Are you in school?   Answer Question

Nursing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to the Meijer Heart Center and got a call back about a week later to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was the next day, they asked me about background information, availability, which unit I would most prefer in the MHS and just some simple questions to get to know me as a person. I had to fill out a behavioral assessment and then got a call the next day to set up an interview. My interview went well, they were very easy going and I even got a tour around the unit after we were done. They called back three days later and offered me the job, which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when everything seemed to be going wrong and yet you made things go better.   Answer Question
    • Do you have a fear of blood or bodily fluids?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you would like this position.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a coworker was acting inappropriately and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question