Spectrum Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.8

Medical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter, and she explained the position and what was required for the job. She also asked what my preferences were in the lab and if I was able to work other shifts than the ones listed in the job position information.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something went wrong and you continued to have a positive attitude   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health in March 2018.

Interview

Very quick turnaround for interview and hiring. First interviewed by a recruiter then by the nurse manager on the floor. Mostly situational interview questions, like "Describe a time when you went above and beyond to provide an excellent customer experience".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to provide an excellent customer experience.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by the nursing recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. Then was called to schedule an in-person interview with the nurse manager of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when your actions impacted others?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview with a recruiter that went over my background and asked questions about my previous work, both professionally and volunteer-wise. I was also asked one scenario-based question that required me to refer to my previous employment experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to change the way that you did your day to day work in order to accommodate to a new situation?   1 Answer

Buyer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with a (very nice) screener. Still waiting to see if I will be moved on to the in-person interview, which would be in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• To detail what I did at a job that was from 25 years ago.   1 Answer

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

The interview process was long. You first have a phone interview with someone from HR. Then someone from the Unit, or other area of the hospital will contact you for an in person interview. My interviewers were wonderful. I felt very comfortable and there were even laughs shared. They did ask some difficult questions but, it is a quality health care institution. I would expect it.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

the interview process was held in a room with administrative managers asking you about personal and past experiences in the security related field. I work on opposite schedules as them and I do not think they would even recognize me if they saw me on the street.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spectrum Health in June 2017.

Interview

Good interview, stated expectations, responsibilities. Managers were late to interview. They were both professional, and friendly. Felt some details on how function between two managers will work and asked what work load between two were like, they were a little vague.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have too much on your plate?   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who was great. She was willing to help me in any way. Two interviews with two different positions. Office Managers seemed ok but very intense at times

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Received email about scheduling phone interview along with survey. Phone interview was next day, recruiter informed me that she'll be forwarding my app to the hiring manager. I then received a call a few days later for a in person interview. Scheduled for a week later I met with 4 managers 3 days later received offer from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was something negative on your last work evaluation   Answer Question