The latest conversations about Healthcare
What is it called when someone or people work around, avoid and make it impossible to do your job? I’m learning a new position and of all people the nurse supervisors are being super unprofessional by avoiding work with me and go straight to senior staff
Do you have a workday ritual? What does starting your day look like? For me, my day doesn't go quite as well unless I have time for my morning organization and room checks. I setup each room for the next patient. I pickup and put away any extra supplies...cluttered rooms/desks bother me.
Got a burning question about Spectrum Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Spectrum Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and the company is pretty transparent." (in 92 reviews)
- "A lot of really great people who are sincere in wanting to improve patient care and outcomes." (in 56 reviews)
- "Great Coworkers; A lot of overtime" (in 40 reviews)
- "My job has great life/work balance, hours, team, and is not too difficult." (in 26 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance" (in 20 reviews)
- "Under staff and poor management" (in 67 reviews)
- "Pay is low for most hospitals in the area" (in 65 reviews)
- "highly political unfortunately, leadership not always clear on direction." (in 23 reviews)
- "The upper management has been in place to long and it has lost sight of its real reason for being there." (in 14 reviews)
- "Typical downsides of a large organization." (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Spectrum Health and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,300 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Sep 20, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsGrand Rapids, MI
Great benefits as far as Insurance and riders for those with medical needs
Keep raising payscale but don’t really get that in addition to raise just raise so would make more leaving and coming back than staying despite seniority
Spectrum Health Reviews FAQs
Spectrum Health has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,380 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Spectrum Health to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
61% of Spectrum Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Spectrum Health 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.