Spireon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spireon (New York, NY).

Interview

Not much to describe but a over the phone interview. No testing or in person interview done. Very easy process and not a difficult interview. Found listing and applied online with little to no difficulty.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was recruited for the position, and the process went quickly.

Interview Questions

• None, that I can recall. If you interview and claim to have a specific skill set, you better know your stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate. It was a strong offer, and better than I expected.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spireon (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was horrible and it could have been so much better but the individual that was conducting the interview has a limited skill set and should not be conducting interviews in my opinion

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked in the past   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

Was recruiter by Tech Finders

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

The whole process was painless. The questions from the interviewers showed they knew their stuff. There was a lot of focus on quality. The questions were quite interesting and enjoyable if you know your stuff as well. Employer was willing to wait 3 months after the interviews were completed.

Interview Questions

• If you were to build an application from ground up, what would you consider?   Answer Question

Regional Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spireon (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Called me in and we meet at a hotel lobby. There he asked me a series of questions and talked about our personal life. Then we talked about the product and what products I had dealt with. We spoke about previous employeers and what happened with them.

Interview Questions

• DO you have any alarm experience?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

If you want to get hired quickly...this is not the place for you. I will provide you a timeline for the horrible process I went through. Bottom line-it took Spireon 3 months to get to a NO answer after 3 on site visits and 7 interview.
    7/31-apply for job via Linkedin
    8/9-I hear back and recruiter says that hiring director would like to talk to me
    8/11-speak with hiring director over phone for roughly 30 minutes, positive interview in my opinion
    8/16-get notified that interview was positive and they want me onsite
    8/21-Interview for 1 hour with the hiring director-positive interview in my opinion
    8/24-get notified that interview was positive and they want me onsite again to interview with 4 different people over 3 hours
    8/29-go onsite and interview with another sr product manager, CPO, CMO, software engineering manager, and HR/recruiter. I thought all interviews went well.
    9/1- I get an email to provide 2 references. Replied back same day with 2 references.
    9/6, 9/11-I send email to check on reference check status.
    9/12-get email back that reference checks haven't been completed. Recruiter says they should be able to close on this by 9/25.
    9/25-I get an email from technical recruiter saying that the last step is meeting with the CTO.
    9/27-meet with CTO and get the feeling CTO is looking for a HW sr product manager.
    9/29-send email to see if there is any final decision and feedback
    10/11-get email back saying process is going slowly and that I'm 1 of final 2 candidates. Recruiter calls me and explains that there was a referred candidate from within the telematics industry that is all of a sudden in the top 2 running.
    10/24-send an email for updated status.
    10/26-rejection email

I am putting this up here because no candidate should go through what I went through. The cherry on top is that the recruiter tells me in the rejection email to add her on LinkedIn and to this day she has not accepted by connect request.

Interview Questions

Spireon Response

Jan 23, 2018 – Chief Product Officer

I’m sorry to hear you had a frustrating interview experience with us. The recruiting process at Spireon (and at most companies) varies according to the type of position and the number of candidates... More

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spireon in May 2017.

Interview

Mix of Phone, video and in person interviews. Quick process and decision. Difficult interviews but that was expected for the position level. They worked around my schedule and the fact that I was currently employed while interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific, just direct, to the point questions about why I should be the one they hire.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Role Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, approx three months from first interview to offer. Spireon did a very thorough job determining if I would fit in the role and in the culture of the company. I was provided good cross-functional exposure to peers in the same department, peers in other departments as well as C-level management.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style and experience.   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your direct reports to achieve their best?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you'd be a good fit at Spireon?   Answer Question
    • Describe a specific leadership challenge you faced and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Spireon HR was very professional to work with. They communicated well and often. There was a bit of negotiation and Spireon was reasonable.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with the CEO himself. I found him to be quite insightful with a clear strategy for winning. In the span of 30 minutes, I understood the position, challenges, and company direction. I left the conversation with new insight on assessing senior leaders.

The in-person interview happened a few weeks later. It was a standard round robin 1:1 with other senior leaders, architects, and a couple of rock star software engineers. The latter was quite refreshing.

A couple of weeks later I had one more round with the private equity firm. This was a 2:1 panel style interview. I found this round to be enlightening as the interviewers were direct, frank about the challenges. I also respected the interviewers digging into my experience and challenging my decisions, management style, and approaches.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected -- Several times I was asked how did I measure progress or success.   Answer Question