Spireon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very comfortable and I felt like the team was genuinely interested in what I had to show. I had to interview with 2 people on the team that I was applying for, the CFO and then 2 other product managers, all of whom were very nice and easy to talk to. I had to show the two people on my team my portfolio of work, but not the others. The interview was mostly to get to know the team and hear about what it is they do, and learn about the company.

RSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spireon (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was EXTREMELY long, cumbersome and mismanaged. My experience lasted the entire course of 2 months. I interviewed with the territory director, national sales vp and HR. Initially, the SVP said "let's get this going" and he informed me that he would reach out to the territory director to propose "next steps." 2 weeks later, I reached out to HR and they informed me that everything was moving forward. Three days later...I received an email stating I am no longer a candidate. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• So many. The questions stemmed from retail/vendor experience (which I have a significant amount).   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spireon (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2019.

Interview

Senior manager was aloof and didn’t know what they were asking. Could tell they had no idea how call centers actually work stay away from this company. Interviewer was seemed to be confrontational during the process

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spireon in January 2019.

Interview

Applied on line. Received email from HR scheduling phone interview with hiring manager. During that interview which included going over resume in detail, was assured I was getting a second interview which never did happen. Received a text message 2 weeks later they were going with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• If offered this position, which dealerships would you target first to sell our product.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

I was contacted by a Spireon recruiter who asked to schedule an interview. We were having issues with scheduling a time for the phone call. I finally responded by asking if there was a time she preferred so that I can accomodate. She never responded and weeks later, I received the generic rejection letter. I don't know how to learn to improve from this experience.

Interview Questions

• When is a good time to contact you? I knew this was a phone call but I am currently employed. For a phone call that will take at most an hour, I am not going to call out of my job .   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview took 45 minutes which was consisted with self presentation, the task to generate test cases for some area, some questions regarding overall testing background.
    Internal interview took around 1 hour. There were few interviewers who asked about overall testing background, if I had experience with different testing tools and technics. In general, questions weren't complicated. Overall experience from interview process is positive. Interviewers were polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Did you experienced in TestRail, mobile testing, sql, cross-browser testing?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

If you want to get hired quickly...this is not the place for you. I will provide you a timeline for the horrible process I went through. Bottom line-it took Spireon 3 months to get to a NO answer after 3 on site visits and 7 interview.
    7/31-apply for job via Linkedin
    8/9-I hear back and recruiter says that hiring director would like to talk to me
    8/11-speak with hiring director over phone for roughly 30 minutes, positive interview in my opinion
    8/16-get notified that interview was positive and they want me onsite
    8/21-Interview for 1 hour with the hiring director-positive interview in my opinion
    8/24-get notified that interview was positive and they want me onsite again to interview with 4 different people over 3 hours
    8/29-go onsite and interview with another sr product manager, CPO, CMO, software engineering manager, and HR/recruiter. I thought all interviews went well.
    9/1- I get an email to provide 2 references. Replied back same day with 2 references.
    9/6, 9/11-I send email to check on reference check status.
    9/12-get email back that reference checks haven't been completed. Recruiter says they should be able to close on this by 9/25.
    9/25-I get an email from technical recruiter saying that the last step is meeting with the CTO.
    9/27-meet with CTO and get the feeling CTO is looking for a HW sr product manager.
    9/29-send email to see if there is any final decision and feedback
    10/11-get email back saying process is going slowly and that I'm 1 of final 2 candidates. Recruiter calls me and explains that there was a referred candidate from within the telematics industry that is all of a sudden in the top 2 running.
    10/24-send an email for updated status.
    10/26-rejection email

I am putting this up here because no candidate should go through what I went through. The cherry on top is that the recruiter tells me in the rejection email to add her on LinkedIn and to this day she has not accepted by connect request.

Interview Questions

Spireon Response

Jan 23, 2018 – Chief Product Officer

I’m sorry to hear you had a frustrating interview experience with us. The recruiting process at Spireon (and at most companies) varies according to the type of position and the number of candidates applying. In this situation, we were also juggling late applications that we wanted to consider, and the availability of candidates and interview staff. We like to give candidates the opportunity to meet C-level executives wherever possible, but this can also extend the process as we progress through multiple rounds of interviews. At all times, we try our best to keep candidates informed on the current status, and respect the fact that candidates may have other opportunities that they may be considering. Our goal is always delivering a positive candidate experience whether or not the candidate joins the company. Thank you for considering Spireon and spending your valuable time with us during an unusually lengthy process. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied on the company website, and heard back from them within a day or two. Started with a phone screen and then an onsite interview. A very smooth process overall and very quick to make their decision. Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Typical questions you would expect with regard to a Technical Program Manager position   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spireon (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy called and came in to interview. Asked some basic questions came back next day to shadow and then got the job. Got offer next day. Quick and easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spireon in May 2017.

Interview

Mix of Phone, video and in person interviews. Quick process and decision. Difficult interviews but that was expected for the position level. They worked around my schedule and the fact that I was currently employed while interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific, just direct, to the point questions about why I should be the one they hire.   Answer Question