Spireon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 30, 2016

2.2

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spireon (New York, NY).

Interview

Not much to describe but a over the phone interview. No testing or in person interview done. Very easy process and not a difficult interview. Found listing and applied online with little to no difficulty.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spireon (Phoneton, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a woman at the company and asked some questions. She explained that she was new with the company and had NO IDEA as to what the job was or what it was about. She was absolutely worthless and knew it. She was doing this because no one gave her anything to do t hat day.... Clueless and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in this particular product   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

The whole process was painless. The questions from the interviewers showed they knew their stuff. There was a lot of focus on quality. The questions were quite interesting and enjoyable if you know your stuff as well. Employer was willing to wait 3 months after the interviews were completed.

Interview Questions

• If you were to build an application from ground up, what would you consider?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Role Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, approx three months from first interview to offer. Spireon did a very thorough job determining if I would fit in the role and in the culture of the company. I was provided good cross-functional exposure to peers in the same department, peers in other departments as well as C-level management.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style and experience.   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your direct reports to achieve their best?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you'd be a good fit at Spireon?   Answer Question
    • Describe a specific leadership challenge you faced and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Spireon HR was very professional to work with. They communicated well and often. There was a bit of negotiation and Spireon was reasonable.

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dyersville, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spireon (Dyersville, IA).

Interview

One man. Climbed the ladder in 6 months from BDR to sales then management... Then was being pushed out the door 4-5 months later(best manager,ever!) he asked me detailed work experience questions... Personality questions... Allowed me to interview him as well. very nice mellow area and he was very easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal challenges?   1 Answer

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter found me, and in both their opinion and my own, I seemed like a good fit for what Spireon was looking for. Within a couple of days, I got the news that Spireon wanted to interview me, and since they were skipping the phone interview and jumping directly to an in-person interview, that was a good sign.

I spoke with my would-be manager, the manager of a related department, and one of my would-be teammates. The questions were not too deeply technical but did feel me out for my prior relevant experience, my technical aptitude, and my willingness to work in a 24/7 on-call situation (which I was). I got more questions about my Windows administration experience than I was expecting, since Linux was emphasized in the job description and Windows was not (save for a mention of VMware). I also got a brief exit interview from the internal recruiter. I was told they had more people to interview over the next few days and that I might have one more interview, a phone call with the CIO. I was there for about two hours.

In an email to my recruiter, I debriefed and asked him to pass along my thanks to the people who'd interviewed me.

About a week went by without hearing back from anyone, so I pinged my recruiter. He apologized and explained that he'd been out of town. He told me that Spireon didn't consider me a good fit after all, but that if it was any comfort, none of the candidates that the recruiter had sent to Spireon so far had been hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Windows system administration?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with administering servers in a large cloud environment (200+ servers)?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing and able to work a 24-hour on-call rotation, specifically 1 week on, 3–4 weeks off?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with Linux system administration?   1 Answer

Bilingual Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spireon (Irving, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interviews at their Irving office, and both times the hiring manager had personal reasons not to show up for work. The manager I interviewed with was very nice, but seemed he barely graduated from college. The 2nd interview included the new director, but couldn't answer basic questions I had about product and company since he had just been there 1 week.

The job consisted on me contacting potential clients that spoke Spanish, get them interested and then pass them off to sales guy. One small detail they failed to notice until I pointed it out, the sales guy didn't speak Spanish. There go my commissions, great planning guys!

It all felt very unprofessional and even though I was told my experience was perfect for the position, it's been almost 1 month and haven't heard back with a yes or no. Will reject job offer if received based on salary and lack of professionalism on their part.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding past job experience, question about resume.   Answer Question

Spireon Response

Nov 6, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Spireon is committed to ensuring a positive experience for all candidates who apply to and interview for any of our open positions. We apologize that your ... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

Was recruiter by Tech Finders

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with the CEO himself. I found him to be quite insightful with a clear strategy for winning. In the span of 30 minutes, I understood the position, challenges, and company direction. I left the conversation with new insight on assessing senior leaders.

The in-person interview happened a few weeks later. It was a standard round robin 1:1 with other senior leaders, architects, and a couple of rock star software engineers. The latter was quite refreshing.

A couple of weeks later I had one more round with the private equity firm. This was a 2:1 panel style interview. I found this round to be enlightening as the interviewers were direct, frank about the challenges. I also respected the interviewers digging into my experience and challenging my decisions, management style, and approaches.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected -- Several times I was asked how did I measure progress or success.   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

When I first started back in 2011 the interview was not with an HR representative but with the team lead I was to work with and she had just gotten promoted for the title. Phone interview first, 2nd phone interview with a sales rep, then once I passed that, I had an in person interview. Interview was fast, she just explained the job and a bit about benefits. Nothing hard.