Sport Chek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Sport Chek Interview Questions

Interviews at Sport Chek

2.2

Cashier Interview

Interview

Half hour phone interview with head office followed by quick interview in store. Phone interview involved questions about teamwork and leadership while store interview was less formal. Store interview involved typical questions about availability

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have encountered when working within a team setting and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

Cool and chill it was my first job so I was hella nervous. My manager was cool and relaxed so it really helped. It was intimidating at first I stuttered a lot but luckily I got a call back. They understand that your nervous. I even told her and was cool about And do your research!! There gonna ask you about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sportchek?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initially very unprofessional because I was scheduled for a phone interview and they didn’t even have the decency to call me. I emailed them and the phone interview was rescheduled. Overall I would say the company is pretty unorganized.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Courtenay, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Courtenay, BC (Canada)) in June 2019.

Interview

It went smoothly hiring manager was very nice. Applied online and had to talk over phone to explain why I want the job and why I feel I can do good there. Then got a one on one interview and went over similar stuff.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2019.

Interview

Very stereotypical phone interview that you would expect from any large corporate company. personality and job history questions. Booked an in-store interview for the day. A very laid back interview which only lasted about 20 minutes. We talked about my history in sports and then he asked me 2 or 3 scripted questions. Was told that he would call me back to tell me if I got the job or not the next day.
    I also wore a golf shirt, khakis, and a 1/4 zip athletic pullover with canvas shoes. (I thought that might be important for some people)

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at sportchek?   1 Answer
    • Footwear is one of the busiest departments. How would you handle a situation when juggling 5 or more customers?   1 Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

You’ll have a phone interview and then be passed along to a store. The in store interview is basic, and misleading as to your job requirements including up selling and selling triangle mastercards.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and after a few days I got a call from FGL Sports. I had a phone interview took about 10 mins. The interviewer said that I’m the right fit so she set an interview with the manager in store. Went to the interview got asked some simple questions took about 25 mins. Got introduced to the store manager. They said they’ll take me on and that they’ll contact me soon.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

In person interview, very simple high-level behavioural questions, this was conducted by the manager in the area you are applying for. Just prepare on how you are a team player, personable skills, and not afraid to initiate conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where you were a team player.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

First Phone interview was toughest but second interview was breeze. Manager was easy to speak too. Only took a couple of days until I received a call back for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to you to give your word?   1 Answer

Softgoods Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

There were three interviews, the first was a phone call that I received about 6 hours after I submitted my application. The first half of the phone interview is mostly based around resume questions, while the second half is more questions that you would find when applying for a university (ie. a time you went above and beyond, conquering challenges, etc.) The second interview was an in-person interview with my supervisor booked at the end of the phone session (mine was around 2 days later). This one is more in depth questions focusing on leadership and teamwork. You are asked about your past in them as well as your ideal definition of the two. The final interview was with the general manager of the store. Originally is was supposed to be two days after the second interview, but that ended up being the day before black Friday so he was too busy to do it. It ended up being four days after it was supposed to be (I had to contact him to schedule it). This one was focused on the position, things like what is expected of you and the strengths and weakness' of the current team that he wants improved. All and all, as long as you have a genuine interest in sports, have relatively good social skills and have some prior knowledge on what kind of questions to expect (do you research!!!) you shouldn't have too hard of a time.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: sports, education, past work experience, etc. Then into things like personal experience in overcoming challenges, dealing with unhappy customer, etc.   Answer Question
    • 2nd interview: What is leadership to you, example of a time you were a leader, etc. Then into were you ever part of a team, what makes a good team, etc.   Answer Question
    • 3rd interview: What's expected of you, what are some weakness' of the department that you can help mitigate, etc.   Answer Question