Sport Chek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sport Chek Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.3

Sales Interview

Interview

Easy and got through most of the questions without awkwardness, asked a lot of broad questions that were easy to answer. I wouldn't recommend this job to any one that wants to pursue a career in sales. The environment of this company is just out right brutal and they should reconsider their model of structure.

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online application sent, after 4 days phone interview, 2 days after a in person interview, followed by a job offer 8 days after.

Smooth process, but a little bit long.

The interview was easy, with not many question and basic questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

He asked how my phone interview was, I said good she asked me general questions. He explained that he will not ask the typical interview questions and he said it's because most people say the same memorized answers. He also knew my answers from the phone interview. Told me about the job itself. He said I would be trained and would have to do a computer test. Then said he's still interviewing and will call me after but I am not too sure if he will. I was a bit frustrated as in person interviews are a chance to know the person's character and skills and he just invited me for an interview where he did all the talking. An email with the information would have been sufficient. It showed they just basically wanted to see you in person to make sure you're not sketchy, I guess. It was so weird the store was practically empty and there were several workers, even a few in the back room just standing doing nothing. It made me wonder why they're hiring if there are literally so many workers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very in-depth over the phone. Then herded like cattle through a hotel banquet hall a month later. Interviewer had very bias opinions and unprofessional, no real questions were asked in person.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite sport?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

I talked to the manager in the store. He took my resume and asked me to apply online. They seem to do the pre-screening through a main office. I got a call for a phone interview about a week later. A few days later I got a call for an in person interview, which was a one-on-one interview with pretty straightforward behavioural questions. Later that week was a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of your favourite memories about playing [sport].   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

when I came for an interview it was nice. we introduce each other. It was nice and less pressure. She ask a few question and I answer it. i felt comfortable the way the interviews as it goes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (London, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview scheduled within 2 days. After that, completed a personality assessment and the next day was scheduled for an in person interview at the store. Went into the store to meet with the manager and was offered a job afterwards.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Walked into the store 10 minutes early for my interview. Introduced myself to one of the cashiers and told her i had an interview. Told me to look around the store while the manager was out. I was greeted by the manager with a handshake we talked about my education what i aspired to be we went to the back i sat down and the conversation flowed from there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after 2 week phone interview came, and then I had an in-person interview the next week. The phone interviewer told me that I did a great job answering the questions and I was eligible for an in person interview. For what I have experienced. When I came in for the interview, the manager told me that they already had all the answers for questions from the phone interview, and asked similar questions from the phone interview. After my interview, the same day, in the evening, I got an email saying that I didn't get the job.
    Although it was an easy interview, but it felt like they didn't need any person for hiring which felt like a complete waste since the email came too quickly. It was a let down. I do not think this was worth the effort.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Chek in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Sunday night and got a call from a recruiter on Tuesday afternoon. I did a ~20-25 minute phone interview which I passed so an in-person interview was scheduled for the same week. After my interview I got a call a few days later saying I got the job. Overall it was a very organized and straightforward process.