Sport Chek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sport Chek Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

It was a process of several interviews. One over the phone and two in-person. They were centered largely around how well you would fit into the culture of the company. Many questions revolved around your interests in sport and physical fitness.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite sport and why   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy, got a phone interview which lasted half an hour, was moved forward to the in person interview two days later, was handed the job right away once the interview was finished. Great manager and and straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone (To see if you're qualified for the job): Tell us about yourself, what is your background in sports, tell us about a time where you had to go above and beyond for a job or in school

In Person(Questions that check if you can actually do the job): Why do you want to work at Sport Chek, Who is your inspiration, how would your experience in sports help you on the floor?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had to have a phone interview, I applied on the 23rd and the phone interview was on the 25th. Had the interview 2 days later.
    The hiring manager asked me several questions. He was very nice and explained a lot about how Sportchek is more about making the customers happy then the sales.
    The interview was about 10 minutes long, was asked to come fifteen minutes early and started about 3 minutes after I got there.
     I got offered the job on the spot and accepted. It was very professional. It was my first interview and I was nervous at first but then everything just flowed out because of the positive energy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work at Sportchek?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online at sport-check in Edmonton, and about a week later I was contacted by a hiring manager in bc where I did a 30-45 min over the phone interview which was pretty hard. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview that lasted about 15 mins where I was explained the position and asked about 5 questions, it was intimidating but fairly easy. Then 3 days later I was called to accept the position and bring in a void check and some other paperwork they needed. Overall the process was fairly easy but took quite a while

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Clothing Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

In August 2017 I applied to the Sport Chek in Pitt Meadows, BC (Meadowtown). I completed a brief online application and mental survey. The day after submitting both, I received a phone call from the hiring team based in Vancouver. They briefly described the position and proceeded to conduct the phone interview. Most questions were story/experience based, requiring you to draw on examples from your life to show that you are a good fit for the position. After the phone interview, they told me that I passed and scheduled me for an in-person interview at the location for the following day.
    The in-person interview had different questions, but with similar ideas.
    Overall the experience was positive! I have not heard back yet since I only had my in-person interview recently. Both interviewers made me feel at ease and comfortable. At the in-person interview they told me that I might be invited for a second interview (with the actual clothing department manager) so I am waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to you when you "give your word"?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you led by example.   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you participated in a sport, and how does that make you a good healthy lifestyle ambassador?   Answer Question
    • What qualities and skills do you have that would make you an asset to our team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you led a group to success in a particular endeavour.   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

An online application then a phone interview which basically determines if you get the job or not. Then as a formality, the 1 on 1 interview is quick and short.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I applied online, got a call from HR (third party interviewer maybe?) two days later. This call was a lengthy phone interview, asking standard questions like why I wanted to work at Sportchek, what sports I play, experience in customer service. I then got moved on to the next portion where an in-person interview was set up with the hiring manager at the store I applied to. Went for a short in-person interview (Same questions but fewer). A week later got a call back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Shop Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

Applied online, did a personality test and got phone interview after a few days. Phone interview was very in depth, asking what kind of sports I played, why I wanted to work at sportchek, my experience with repairing bicycles, etc, along with some standard retail questions. After 10 days, I got an in person interview scheduled. Manager was very friendly, asked the usual retail questions. The in person interview was short, only 10 mins or so, and far easier than the phone interview. After 6 days, I got a call back informing me I got the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Did the online assessment (make sure to do well, the manager looks at the results). Called for on the phone with HR 2 days later. Asked many questions, lasted 30 minutes. Scheduled for in-person interview to meet the manager; lasted 15 minutes. In person was mostly for the manager to meet you and explain the job to you, as well as going through your resume Manager was very friendly and easy to talk to. Called 6 days later and told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• PHONE PORTION
      Why are you a good fit for this job?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond in a cashier position.
      What are the most important attributes for a cashier?
      Which of these attributes do you think you excel in?
      Tell me about the sport that you do.
      Describe a time where you fixed a problem
      What is something you would like to work on?
      What were your responsibilities as a cashier at your old job?
      Talk about a goal that you achieved and how you achieved it.   Answer Question
    • IN PERSON PORTION
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a call within 2-3 days from HR had a 30 minute phone interview then led to in-person interview. Asked the common job interview questions. Very brief and easy.