Sprout Social Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Saw the job on LinkedIn, looked really interesting so I sent out an application. Heard back a week later to do a coding challenge. Took about two hours, pretty fun questions, not overly complicated. Then had a phone screening, asked about my background, my interest in the company, etc. Really nice conversation, didn't have interview vibe. A few days later I was invited to interview in the office. Really friendly, welcoming group of people. Had two group technical interviews, and one about my background. Once again, less of an interview vibe, and worked on the technical problems with the interviewers - more back and forth discussing than I've ever experienced. Well organized day, enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing the office. Great communication from all parties involved - A+ work from the recruitment team.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly quick and easy in the beginning, however, came time for presentation interview (Final) and a few things went wrong and were very unprofessional and off...

1. Arrived 30 minutes early for interview
    2. Recruiter is nowhere to be found to get me to set up for presentation until 10 minutes INTO interview time
    3. During entire presentation, Director has ZERO reaction on their face, nor do other employees, whom I interviewed with and had prior great experiences with, seemed very interested in what I had to say.

Overall, presentation was EXTREMELY unprofessional on THEIR END! I took the time to get PTO from my current job and spent a week putting together and preparing this presentation. Complete waste of my time. Also, to note, never received a response from anyone I sent a Thank You email follow up to OR a recruiter. Incredibly rude. At least have the professionalism and decency to appreciate the time a candidate YOU show interest to puts in for you and your company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprout Social in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very long. First was a 30 minute phone call with the recruiter, followed by an in-person interview. Last round consists of a 45 minute presentation in front of the director and other sales managers.

During the first rounds, everyone seemed so energetic and interested in the conversation, but during the final presentation(with the same people) it seems like they had completely different personalities. The director and other managers seemed very bored and uninterested in whatever I had to say during the presentation since the very beginning, not even faking being a little interested at least. Very rude on their part because I took the time to actually go through their very lenghty interview process and did put a lot of thought and research on my end into my presentation. Kind of a waste of time.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews about 30 minutes a piece first with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. Then a 3 hour in-person on their nice campus with the recruiter, hiring manager, head of customer success and a tier 2 rep. After that about a week later a 2 hour in-person where you give a short presentation for the hiring manager and tier 2 rep then you spend time with someone from the tier 1 team you applying to be at. All this for a tier 1 job with a lot of last minute scheduling thrown in the mix (Was asked on early Friday evening to come in Monday to present.) Everyone is friendly and genial and the offices are really nice.

I recommend they take a look at the interview process for a position like this. If you are currently employed expect to take more PTO than you'd probably like to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you ______________?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Two quick phone interviews with recruiter and QA Lead. They gave a task to complete (write some automation for their website). Then 3-hrs on-site interview. Asked general questions. Easy interview. Overall look and by talking to other testers there it looks like the company has a huge mess in their testing process (which you can tell by weirdly looking and weirdly working software they create).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprout Social.

Interview

phone screen with hr recruiter
    phone screen with hiring manager
    in person meeting with hiring manager and members of the team
    final interview was a presentation to the managers and some members of the team

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last role, what have you learned from that, that will translate over to this role
      Are you okay with change?
      What do you think your biggest challenge will be?
      How was your performance measured   Answer Question

Design Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, completed a design/programming assignment, and then was asked to fly in for an afternoon of in-person interviews. Everyone I met with was super nice and helpful, and I didn't find the interview to be that difficult.

Interview Questions

• Hardest part was code reviewing some JS/jQuery that I did not brush up on.   Answer Question

Director, Brand Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online via their website. A week or so later, received an email to schedule a call with Talent the following week. Had a second phone interview with a department peer the following week. Came in for 4 in-person interviews the third week. Received an offer the fourth week.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I found an internship job posting on Glassdoor and applied through their website. About a few days later, I received an email prompting me to complete a coding challenge. Please know that even know I was requesting to be a front-end intern, the questions are general software engineering questions with code being written in Java, Python, or C/C++. After completing this, a few weeks later I set up a call with one of the recruiters to have a brief chat about my background and resume. Here, I let my recruiter know that I was interested in front-end development. After another follow-up call a few months later, I was asked to fly out to Chicago for an onsite!

At the onsite interview, I had 4 back-to-back interviews concerning different aspects of front-end development. Everyone there is extremely nice and it's almost like having an intellectual discussion with peers. I had interviews over Javascript, UI design, my coding background and design approach. I only had to whiteboard my initial design for a website. During the interview process, I was given lunch and a tour of their awesome office. It was very easygoing and a good look into how working there would be like.

Interview Questions

• What is wrong with this snippet of JavaScript code?   1 Answer

Design Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a quick phone call with recruiter. Afterwards, there was an interview with the lead designer & a take home coding project. Both the recruiter and the lead designer were extremely nice and helpful.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor and was contacted by a recruiter a week or so later requesting a phone screening.

From there, over the space of about 4 weeks, I had phone interviews with the Director of Enterprise Sales, the VP of Enterprise Sales and a Google Hangout with the Director of Enterprise Sales again.

They offered to fly me out for an onsite where I was asked to put together a 45-minute presentation. Presented to the SVP Global Sales, VP of Ent Sales, Director of Ent Sales, and Director of Solution Engineering.

From there I had 1:1 time with roughly 6 other department heads/employees over 4-5 hours.

All in, it was more time consuming and thorough than most interview processes I've been a part of. They take their culture serious and seem very picky with who they hire.