Squarepoint Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Squarepoint Capital

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy compared to other firms. It was a tier interview process that only advanced based on your abiliity to complete the assigned task with a deadline. After that you get a face to face interview and go through the different panels.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to write code for an algorithm for quant coders.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview from a researcher. Details on the resume, especially on previous quantitative internships. And several technical questions about probability and statistics. The technical questions are not so difficult.

Interview Questions

• X,Y,Z are iid uniformly distributed on [0,1], what's the probability that X+Y>Z?   4 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had the pleasure of being asked by squarepoint to interview with them. My experience was great, the building and office locations are great and brand new, and all the people I spoke with were really nice and quite smart. The first round was mostly algorithms and some personality questions, with the classic "go over your cv". The second round was some advanced statistic concepts, and probability.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

This was for the position of a Data Engineer in their core data group. Skills with Python and some C++ are expected. The interviewer began by telling me about the company. Next, he discussed my experience at my most recent two positions. After this, he proceeded with a technical interview on coderpad. I recommend practicing various dynamic programming questions using recursive solutions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to compute and return the number of ways in which to climb a flight of n steps, taking 1, 2 or 3 steps at a time.   1 Answer
    • Using Python, write a one-liner function to return a list containing only the unique elements of the given list. Order doesn't matter. Next, write a function to return an order-preserving list containing only the unique elements of the given list.   2 Answers
    • Explain the Python GIL.   1 Answer
    • In Python, what is the difference between a generator expression and a list comprehension?   2 Answers

Quantitative Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply online. They chose me for an interview through my university's resume book. Very technical. The first round is on site lasting for two hours. Questions varied from brainteasers and basic math to very advanced statistics and algorithms. The interviewer said only the most excellent people could get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What happens in hypothesis testing when the amount of samples is getting too large?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Schedule an 2-hour phone interview with their quant researchers (each for one hour). One that scheduled time, they call me and the interview took place over phone. There's two part: one for math/stats problem, and the other for coding (via hackerrank). You can choose whatever language you prefer.

Interview Questions

• math/stats brian teaser, dynamic programming problem, live coding over a website (about divide and conquer)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Very smart and impressive group. A Phone screen plus onsite process. Interview questions are hard. Big focus on quant skills and some CS, but less so. Firm seems to do really well so sad I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Linear Algebra, asymptotic theory, algorithms for first round correlation and sample generation; machine learning; probability brainteasers for second round   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital in September 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed in 2017 and it was an awful interview. The interviewer was so irrespective and kept interrupting. It seemed that the interviewer was so ignorant and he kept denying me but then turned out he was wrong. All the questions he asked was non-sense and told me that I failed. Given such a company culture I don’t think it a good place to work at and there are plenty of better funds.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interviews. Generally the interviewers were quite friendly and helpful. The questions were very difficult, even compared to most other quant firm interviews. Mostly probability/game questions along with some simple programming tasks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Very positive impression with the interview process. Spoke to a wide variety of people at different desks and everyone seemed very sharp with respect to their area of expertise.

After getting the offer they were very flexible with giving me time to accept, and hospitable with my request to speak to more desk heads in order to get a sense of how they view trading and where they plan to go in the future.

Interview Questions

• Variety of questions on the topics of:

Dynamic programming, questions about my background, how I would build a trading strategy from scratch transforming raw data to bps.   Answer Question