St. Regis Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Regis Hotels Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels.

Interview

I had a referral from a friend who worked the previous summer. Applied online and received phone call from supervisor. I had an initial phone interview then went into HR one day for an interview with two associates. Interview was very easygoing and conversational. I received a phone call later that day from an HR rep letting me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time or experience where you fixed a problem.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dana Point, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels (Dana Point, CA).

Interview

It is a series of situational based questions. They ask questions that require you to respond with a specific instance that talks about what they asked. The only hard part is that a lot of the questions are really similar to each other.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about an experience in which you had a conflict with a supervisor and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels.

Interview

This interview process went very smoothly. I was contacted via phone call for a preliminary interview, and was asked to conduct an interview using starwood's video-conferencing program (I lived 5 hours away from the new job I was applying for, and they were very flexible in allowing a video interview). My video interview lasted maybe 40 minutes, during which time I was given adequate time to respond to questions and make my own inquiries. The quality of the video was spotty, probably due to my wifi; but the recruiter was very patient, and repeated questions when asked. After what I thought was the conclusion of our interview, the recruiter excused herself and physically left her office. I thought this was a test, so I just sat quietly and smiled until my cheeks started twitching! The recruiter returned a few minutes later and offered me another position (with higher pay) on the spot. Shocked, I requested a few days to consider my option--she seemed legitimately confused by my need to think about this opportunity, but she granted me a few days. I accepted the position, and the rest is history (this happened about 3 weeks ago)

Interview Questions

• When was an opportunity that you were able to provide custom service to a guest?   1 Answer

Bay Club Interview

Interview

The interview was very standard and went through the Human Resources office at the main hotel, despite the fact that the position was for another nearby property (not adjacent - you had to take a tram to get there). The interviewer asked questions about previous employment history and experience, and asked how one would respond in a difficult multitasking situation.

Interview Questions

• It was an open ended question, and the interviewer seemed eager to hire based on my attitude.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels.

Interview

Truly positive. Two separate interviews after initial screening. Truly professional demeanor of interviewer. Probes and follow-up questions made. Truly fair and standardized.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a situation where you took care of problem that was not specifically your responsibility. Why were you interested about an area not yours/   Answer Question

Interview

you kind of have to know someone to get in the door

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monarch Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels (Monarch Beach, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was asked various behavioral questions. I spoke with the manager of the restaurant and I was able to connect with him. We spoke more about my work ethic, and my trustworthiness. After the interview, he complimented me on my charisma, something he described as important in the Lobby Lounge bar. While I didn't have experience in the hospitality industry, he gave me a chance.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in customer service before?   2 Answers

Nail Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels (Park City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

You do a manicure and pedicure on lead esthetician. If it is up to par you get the job. The interview lasts about 2- 2 1/2 hours with talking included. They have high end products and a clean work space. Very friendly interview process. You must drug test within 24 hours of being hired. They pay for all testing. It took approximately 20 minutes to complete the drug test at a clinic right down the street.

Interview Questions

• Can you work without clean up time if necessary?
      Are you comfortable with guests with high expectations?   Answer Question

Cook II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dana Point, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels (Dana Point, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

should submit resume multiple times, submitted my resume 3 times before receiving a call for interview, 2 part interview process, talk to HR first, then if you get a call back, it will be with the department manager and they will decide if you are hired

Interview Questions

• basic hotel service questions, most importantly keep energy level up throughout the interview process, especially if it's a position that interacts with guest often   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, the company has a set pay scale for hourly positions, management positions might be different, but can't say for sure.

Expeditor/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. Regis Hotels (Park City, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

Attended career fair at the St. Regis and was initially very impressed by the hospitality and luxury of the fair. After handing out resume was pulled aside by Restaurant GM for semi-formal interview, pretty low-pressure. Received a call back a couple of weeks later to attend a month long paid brand training. Brand training was informative and other people attending were very nice and including. Fine dining training was best I ever received. During process was put through uniform fittings and benefit enrollments...all pretty painless.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you made an unrecoverable mistake.   Answer Question