Standard Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Pacific Interview Questions

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Pacific.

Interview

Meet with hiring manager first. Had an hour interview. Then meet with the team, had 1:1 interview with them. Had a phone interview with a team member that was not in the office. Had to complete a personality text online.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific examples for a time were faced with challenge and how it was solved   Answer Question

Land Development Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Pacific (Coral Springs, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process ( month ) was organized through a head hunter. Initial interview with Division President and three VP's went well. Was directed to fill out an application (very detailed) and take a personality/aptitude test. Was called back in for another round of interviews and to go over the summary of my test provided to them by a psychologist. (Crazy). Went over my strengths and perceived influences with the DP and was determined to be a good fit. Had another interview with a Regional DP and that went fairly well.

Interview Questions

• Review your resume with them. Strengths/weakness/challenges in the past. Pretty typical questions. VP questions were more related to the job responsibilities.   1 Answer

Better offer for the same responsibilities and closer to home.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Pacific (Irving, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me for an interview and were very nice to me.Went for the first interview,which was very good. HR later on called me the next day and asked for the second interview. They told me they will contact me in a week, They never replied my emails or returned my calls . Very unprofessional company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Your excel skills? Very easy questions   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Standard Pacific (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial contact to hiring manager was through a friend who worked in the office. First interview with Vice President of Construction went fairly well, although two hours long. He even brought in the H.R. manager to go over the benefits package, towards the end of the interview. We left with them saying that as soon as the Background Check comes back, we will give you a call to go over the next step. They said the BC would take about three days, which it did, because I received an email from the BC company three days later.

After not hearing from them for two more days, I made a follow up call to the VP of Construction and had to leave a message. Two days later he calls back saying my BC came back good and they wanted me to come in for a second interview with the Area President of Construction. That interview did not go so well. He was in a hurry. I could tell he did not want to be there and frankly made me nervous. Needless to say, I did not get the job. The rejection letter came in the mail four weeks later...Great follow up.

Interview Questions

• VP went off of a list of 25 questions, none of them seemed difficult or unexpected. Some just seemed redundant.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard Pacific (Lake Worth, FL).

Interview

Basic hiring process for a construction company. Several interviews with different levels of management. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any. The interview was straight forward with the usual questions about work history, education history, salary history, where I see myself in 5 years, 10 years, etc.   Answer Question

I declined the original offer but negotiated a better offer, which I then accepted.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Standard Pacific (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

First interview was conducted at a Starbucks. It was a getting to know me kind of thing. The next interview was with an administrative assistant. I think these were all proxies to eliminate candidates that didn't seem to match the culture or vibe perhaps?

The third, and most critical interview was with the V.P. of Sales. She seemed to be an incredibly intelligent, and professional lady. There were no outlier type questions. It was a very standard interview, and I would say that I excel at face to face discussions, (Not bragging, just based on experience and feedback) and after the interview she walked me to the elevator.

The final interview was a formality, as I was extended a job opportunity. I met with the President of the company for about 2 minutes. It was more fluff than anything.

Interview Questions

• How do you avoid conflict with customers in a sales relationship   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did in fact attempt to negotiate, but the salary was based entirely on the sales department, and thus there was no ability to really negotiate (At least that I was aware of).

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Pacific (Irvine, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

There was the standard oral interview with the resume. There was a short tour of the facility with an explanation of what they did there. There was a standard criminal background check done after the interview. Once the criminal ba

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The money offered is the money offered. Take it or leave it.