Starbreeze Ab Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbreeze Ab

Starbreeze Ab

Application

I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab

Interview

First introduction of all participants of the interview. Soft skills assessment followed by a technical skill assessment. Explanation of my tasks I would have to do. In the end there was the salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
  • How to prevent garbage collection by calling a method returning a List object?
    1 Answer

Starbreeze Ab

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab in Jul 2018

Interview

Over Skype, interview process seems to be quite drawn out, a couple weeks in between each one, each round with different people. Questions are straightforward about what you know, last about 30 mins. Nice people.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab (Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm) in May 2018

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. After applying online, I was asked to schedule a Skype interview just a few days later. The Skype interview was very pleasant, their recruiter was easy to chat to and the questions were all very basic to just get an idea of what kind of person I was and my experience. A follow up interview was immediately scheduled at the end of the Skype interview, and I asked to come onsite for the follow up. The follow up interview was initally said to be with one manager, but three of them showed up for the interview. This was no problem though, they were all nice people and the questions were a bit more of a deep dive into my experience, what tools I was familiar with and so on. I got, and accepted, a job offer the week after my follow up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab (Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm)

Interview

First step was an Art test. Which had to be done within 1 week. After Art test been reviewed you will be asked for personal fact-to-face interview , where Seniors and Leads will ask you a couple of questions. After interview they'll make you an offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Starbreeze Ab

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab in Aug 2017

Interview

I applied online in April 2017. Got a reply 4 months later where they apologized for the delay since they had a lot of applicants for the role and that they wanted me to do a programming test. The test was to create a couple of gameplay mechanics using UE4 and the deadline was set to a week. After submitting the test I was told by the tech recruiter that he would get back to me within a few days. Since then I've tried to get in contact with him on multiple occasions during 2+ months by mail and once through Linkedin where I also saw that he had read my message. I interpret that as him refusing to respond which I find highly unprofessional. I'm not sure who bares the biggest guilt, him or the company who hired him. The reason why I'm extra disappointed is that I had to decline other job engagements to complete the test which was costly for me and they can't even find one minute to reply on an email. Appalling! I'm truly disappointed and won't be applying to them again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab (Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm) in Aug 2017

Interview

After a couple of Skype interviews, I had an on-site interview in their offices in Stockholm, Sweden. I had a technical interview with the engineering team, a casual conversation with the Global Development Director, who told me that the engineering team was happy with me and that they would make me an offer, and a final conversation with one of the Human Resource employees, who said to me that they would send me an offer the following day. I received a mail the following day saying that they decided to move forward with another candidate with more experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Starbreeze Ab

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab in Aug 2017

Interview

Got in contact with them through a recruitment studio. Got a test to do , deadline was 2 weeks but as there was some crunch time at my workplace it took way more and the Starbreeze studio allowed it. After the test I got into contact with the AD and Producer on skype and had couple of calls about the game and the process. I got moved to the final stage but then they had some other applicants and I do not know what happened but after a long time I hear about my application that it got dropped, no idea for what reason (No explanation at all but at the time of art test submission they said they liked it.)

Interview Questions
  • General questions about my skill set and understanding of the game process being explained to me.

Starbreeze Ab

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab

Interview

First I sent my CV after a few days I got a response to do a art test so I asked about compensation because I was involved in freelancing at that time and time is money. The response wasn´t as bad as I expected. I should describe my workflow first and how long it would take me to do a weapon step by step. Okay I setted-up someting and delivered them my workflow. Yeah in the end no response or feedback at all. Professionalism works the other way around.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Starbreeze Ab

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab in Feb 2017

Interview

The interview consisted on the Lead Level Designer, Game Director and Producer. They were genuinely interested in my previous experience, asked relevant questions in a very relaxed but professional tone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbreeze Ab (Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm) in Feb 2017

Interview

I applied through employment agency. It was pretty fast. I got my interview 2 days after I applied and they told me they preferred a more experienced guy in 2 days.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing special. Just discussed my past experience and projects.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews