Stelligent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stelligent

Sort:

Senior DevOps En Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stelligent (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview is a multi-part process. The first step is a phone interview with an engineer on the team. You chat about specifics of the job, your experience within the field, and he also has a list of canned questions that all interviewees are asked. Once you make your way through those, it's open for you to ask questions.

The second phase is called the mini-project phase. They give you an assignment, invite you to their github repo, and you have to write some code to perform a task. You can take your time. They give you an initial deadline, but if you need more time all you have to do is ask.

Phase 3 is a pair-coding exercise. You are paired with a current engineer, given a task, and they watch your screen and ask questions as you work out the problem.

The last phase of the interview is a presentation. You pick a topic (preferably one that pertains to the position you are applying for) and do a 30 minute presentation. They invite 8 or 9 engineers to sit in on this presentation. Once you are finished, they ask questions.

That's the entire process from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• There were tons of questions about CI/CD concepts and what tools to use for a specific job.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stelligent (Remote, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

Long. over several dispersed days. Questions session then a project that was ill-defined. then hands-on with team members via the remote screen with lots of questions about applications not listed in job rec and not listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Show us how you use Chef's Test Kitchen (not listed in rec no my skill set). show us how you would use sparkleformation.io (again not listed in job rec/details nor in my past skill set)   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stelligent in October 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen, take home project, presentation. Although I did not get an offer, I learned quite a bit about during the interview process. The reason I don't recommend Stelligent isn't that I didn't get an offer. The management present on the final presentation were seemingly the 'smartest guys in the room'. And they were looking for perfection from their candidates. For the amount of time I spent on the interviewing including preparation, take home, etc they were far too particular for a company needing staff to serve their customers. Oh and they refer to their staff as 'Stelligencia" which I find amusing.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform testing - unit, acceptance, etc?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage promotion of build artifacts from one AWS account to another when using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage production deployments for a serverless application? What are some of the implications ?   Answer Question