Stephens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stephens Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stephens (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on campus. Typical first round IB interview. No technical, all behavioral and fit questions. Enjoyed the interview and speaking with the person. Very nice guy. Could tell he was testing me from the moment I walked in the door though.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2016.

Interview

Typical investment banking first round interview followed by Super Saturday. First round interview was basic fit and behavioral questions. Interviewed on campus and Super Day is in Little Rock at main office. 2 on 1 interview. Stephens cares very much about fit first and technical knowledge and expertise second. Also a pre-interview dinner before super day.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute "get to know ya" kinda interview. My resume kinda walked me into some technicals but if you know what a DCF is you should be ok. No tricky accounting type stuff.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about XYZ on your resume here", "What was this experience like", "why IB?", "Why stephens"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stephens (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two first round phone calls. Questions were straightforward and easy. I answered all technicals correct but didn't get invited to the final round. Pretty sure I had more technical knowledge than the two Analysts that interviewed me. They both had been with the firm for less than four months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stephens (Little Rock, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Two-on-one on campus interview. This was followed by an invitation to Super Saturday at their Little Rock office. Interview was pretty straight forward. Asked me to describe myself to them, then I walked them through my resume. Finished up with some technical questions regarding the DCF process, etc. They told me the selection process would take a few weeks. After two weeks, still haven't heard back, but talked to other candidates who were inited to Super Saturday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would value a business using a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my college's recruiting system, and I got an on-campus interview after a week. The interview question are all about the behaviours questions. They asked me to go through my resume, and jump in when they have questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

Interview

Applied through campus website with no networking. First round interview on campus. Super Saturday in Little Rock the following weekend. Seems like they had offers made up before the super day, people with most connections got the offers. Strong emphasis on culture means strong focus on regional ties in recruiting.

Interview Questions

• First round was all fit based questions. Asked in detail about role in previous work experience, and other things on resume. General discussion about why Stephens, why investment banking, what offices I would be interested in.   Answer Question
    • Second round was 7 thirty minute interviews starting at 7:30 am saturday morning. They take you out to drinks Friday night to try to get you drunk and see who will show up hung over. Interviews were mostly fit based but there was one technical interview that touched on basic valuation skills. One brain teaser from an analyst at the end.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2016.

Interview

Process was straight forward. There were no technical questions for the first round, just behavioral ones. Why IB and why Stephens, and your story were the main focus of the interview.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stephens.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with HR. The HR lady I interviewed with was very friendly, and welcoming. Interview questions were your basic questions you've probably been asked before.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What could you contribute? How are your organizational skills?   Answer Question

Institutional Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stephens (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Mini interviews at school. Then if you make it to the next round, you interview with a bunch of others on at Stephens HQ. I had 12 interviews in a row.