Stifel Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with branch manager, Recruiter and some employees. All interviews were engaging and helpful in my search process. A lot of opportunity for growth and flexibility here. Flown out to Saint Louis for a day of meetings with top management. Put up in a hotel at their expense. Nice atmosphere and very welcoming staff. Top flight presentations and accomodations.

Interview Questions

• What type of firm and opportunity am I looking for? What is important to you?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stifel Financial in November 2007.

Interview

The people were very cordial and accomodating. it was a typical middle market investment banking interview; a mix of cultural fit questions with investment banking technical questions and firm specific questions. Was able to interview with very senior people and who were firm yet fair. The technical questions were related to the three main accounting statements and accretive/dilutive mergers and acquistions. I went to lunch with two associates that were good people.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2018.

Interview

A brief overview of the position with four of the IT staff and some small talk before a technical interview. The technical interview was composed of mostly Object-Oriented questions with some web dev topics. The interviewers were fun and relaxed and seemed to enjoy their time in the interview.

Clerical Assistant Interview

Interview

Welcoming and very nice staff. Very professional and warm. Second interview was given and very polite staff. Offer entry level positions. All about how driven one is. Hours seem good and overall good atmosphere

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy interview
    Seem like they just wanted to get it over with. Moved quickly
    asked typical interview questions. Don't get to know you.
    If you tell them what they want to hear they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Ask for a lot of experiences when encountering certain situations   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Worcester, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

- emailed someone given through a connection, then had a networking call, then one in-person interview. Very relaxed process overall. Only was for a short summer freshman year internship.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Typical Finance questions from vault guide. DCF, precedent transaction, market comps... 4 rounds, met every employee from MD to Analyst.

Interview Questions

• How does deferred tax asset get incorporated into enterprise value?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Baltimore, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

Very relaxed environment, looking to see if their group could work with you. Interviewed with entire group from analyst to MD. Standard technical questions (asked same questions by each person) such as define WACC, describe an LBO model, describe the interaction between the financial statements. The day lasted from 8 until 2 with a lunch interview consisting of the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe LBO   1 Answer
    • How would a $100 depreciation increase in a certain year effect the financial statements   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Typical phone interview then invitation to a super-day in the New York office. The super-day was comprised of 4 interviews with 2 interviewers each. Each pair seemed to have a theme like technical or leadership.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard, rotation of 3 interviewers roughly 45 min each (all with different backgrounds and functions at the bank). Mostly behavioral. Fit questions with some financial IQ. Pretty formal but nothing out of the ordinary.

Insurance Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

I got an interview through a family friend. First, was a phone interview, then on site interview. First with HR, then the supervisors in your department. It was semi-formal and warm atmosphere

Interview Questions

Negotiation

o salary negotiation was possible. I was told I would make 30k, at entry level--nothing more.