Stifel Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.7

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus interview, then superday in NYC. Overall, mostly fit questions and very basic valuation/accounting Q's. Interviewed with multiple MDs and VPs, but was never really pressed too hard by any of them. Their follow-up after offer was great too.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stifel Financial in October 2016.

Interview

First Round Phone Interview. They reached out to me to set up a time and I was notified a few days later that I would have an interview the following day.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview in October 2016... two days later I had the superday in the Baltimore office (this is where their industrials group is). Transportation group is really chill and the guys like sports. The chairman is a jerk...and asked me the same question for 20 min straight and told me I did it to myself. Was put on hold. Associates are all cocky. 6 30min interviews

Interview Questions

• Why would somebody buy a bond with negative interest rates?
      walk me through a DCF
      walk me through a sell side M&A deal
      Is Wacc higher for a tech company or manufacturing company   Answer Question

Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Throughtemp. One interview then hired. Two lady bosses interviewed me then talked to their lady big boss and got back to the temp agency. Three days later I got the offer

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy interview
    Seem like they just wanted to get it over with. Moved quickly
    asked typical interview questions. Don't get to know you.
    If you tell them what they want to hear they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Ask for a lot of experiences when encountering certain situations   Answer Question

Interview

A phone interview will be set up. Second, you will go to the home office to take a short 10 question test. Lastly, you will have an interview with the manager of the department. A second interview is possible, if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your job experience, and why you think you would be a good candidate for our open position.   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

I sat with the hiring manager and a senior team lead in the department. Basic interview questions were asked and there were not any curve balls thrown my way. It lasted about 20-30 minutes. I literally received a phone call a few hours later and was offered the position. Obviously they were in need of urgent help, but I notice that Stifel seems to start the hiring process when someone is needed right away.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my future and where I wanted to be. They definitely wanted someone that would commit to Stifel.   Answer Question

Economic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stifel Financial.

Interview

Application and 1.5 hour in person interview. I interviewed with two different members of the team. The interview was relatively informal and covered a wide range of topics.

After the interview I was never contacted. I sent 2 follow up emails that did not receive a response.

Interview Questions

• General questions about data, qualifications and opportunities.   Answer Question

Manager, Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stifel Financial.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a 18 question assessment taken online. I am waiting to hear back regarding a follow up in person interview. The process was very friendly and I felt good about the interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stifel Financial (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

job description template is optimised for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customise for your company.We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
    You will conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.

Negotiation