Stonegate Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stonegate Mortgage

2.3

Investor Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and interviewed with her. I then had a second interview at Stonegate. I felt VERY uncomfortable there. I was interviewed by Don. He would ask me a question, I would answer it to the best of my ability, then he would just stare at me and not say anything for a LONG period of time. This happened after every question. Eventually I got tired of it and stared right back at him and didn't say anything as he was already staring at me. It was a very long awkward stare-off! Needless to say I didn't get the job. I am happy to have accepted an offer at a place that made me feel comfortable and didn't give me the creeps during the interview process at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, which I answered and then was silently stared at for lengthy periods of time.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview and then subsequent interviews with 4 individuals. Three in house and one remote. Two were involved in a group discussion/panel. Overall, everyone was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Very job specific questions.   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage in January 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with three people from upper management. I had to interview with all 3 simultaneously. The second interview communication was with the underwriting manager at the time all of these people, flew down from Indianapolis Indiana to interview everyone in my office because Stonegate was getting ready to buy out the company I worked for. The training we received on their LOS system could have been better organized & have better training materials & tools. After being shown the data input on 3-4 loans, our "trainer" went back home to Indiana & we were assigned "buddies" (or other UW's to go to for questions, my "buddy" rarely got back to me & when she did I had already spun my wheels for hours trying to figure out the problem that I already had figured out the solution by that time anyway).

The training at this company is not the kind of training needed to help build u up & make u more efficient & productive employee. The work load COMBINED WITH new łoan production expectations are so unrealistic & mgmt does not care bc they have to NOTHING to

Negotiation

I accepted, I loved the people I interviewed with had lots of amazing things to say abt the company & a lot of excitement around the anticipated growth of the company.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage.

Interview

Worst interview I've ever had. The woman (head of underwriting) I interviewed with was all over the place. She was not personable and didn't seem to be interested in being bothered with interviewing me. She did not crack 1 smile the entire time. It felt almost like she had a grudge against me and that she had her mind made up before it started. She was dressed casual and didn't have my resume nor did it seem like she even reviewed it until I gave her a copy. I prepared for the interview why wouldn't she?

Interview Questions

• Her questions were everywhere to point that I couldn't keep up. Most interviews have some similar questions but not this one. Hopefully you're not missing out on good talent because of this person. Some training might help.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very brief. Hiring manager just went through a script. I even asked him questions that was supposed to open a conversation and give him the opportunity to get to know me, but he was obtuse. I think that he was just filling up empty desks because when I started, two of the IT specialists didn't have any experience nor knowledge of the infrastructure.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through two interviews and quiz. First interviewer was very unprepared, he didn'thave a room for us to meet and he kept delaying our interview.. The 2nd interview was very brief and quick, but she called 30 mins late. I had to contact the company in order to inquiry about the whole process since I didn't hear back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• I was given a quiz. And was asked basic questions pertaining to being a processor   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Elm, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage (Little Elm, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Management was new, didn't really ask me a lot question about underwriting only my job history. Ask me 1 question about appraisals so be prepared to know that 1 question.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage (Corpus Christi, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

It was an easy one time sit down to make sure I was capable of completing simple tasks. Such as, answering calls and rerouting them appropriately, greeting desk at door, assisting executive assistants with needs.

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient with excel?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage.

Interview

Overall it was a positive experience. I applied online. A few days later, I received a phone call and did a phone interview right there on the spot. I was invited to come in for a face to face interview on that phone interview. I came in a few days after that for the first face to face interview. I was invited to come in for a second face to face interview. I was called a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• One thing I was asked was why I was interested in the role and the company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stonegate Mortgage (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very easy. Manager just told me about the position and asked a few questions and then few days later i got a job offer via email. Manager was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable and not nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to work here.   1 Answer