Stowers Institute For Medical Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stowers Institute For Medical Research Interview Questions

2.9

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I Skyped interview with my PI and coordinator respectively. Each of them asked at least 5 friendly questions. They are very nice people and did not try to embarrass me, although my English is not good.

Laboratory Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Laid back interview, not stressful. I was given a tour of the facility along with the lab I applied for. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel as comfortable as possible. Mostly asked questions about my background and my skills. Some personality based questions such as "how do you handle stressful situations?"

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Easy process, phone interview followed by two personal interviews with all lab members and senior staff. Quick process, quick decision for the hiring process. very relaxed atmosphere and low pressure interview. Everyone was casual, very much like an academic interview process.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard interview questions, no suprises   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview

Meet and chat with different people in group individually, including group lead, research scientists, and group member. Present past work related to the interviewer's interest. In my case, I talked about some of my research projects in data mining and next generation sequencing.

Interview Questions

• You demonstrated some advantage of your methods over existing ones. However, it could also be due to the increase of data available. How do you think your new method and the increasing data volumes contribute to the performance improvement?   Answer Question

Laboratory Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Description of the job during the interview did not match the work required to perform. In fact there was no "or as required" during any part of the interview until my first disciplinary action.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't the problem. Oversight of compliance was a bit harsh and often rude going behind my back to speak to supervision rather than bringing the issue directly to me. Definitely a case of the have and have not's.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly for specific period of time but little opportunity for advancement.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the lab that I was interested in joining. As part of the process, I gave a one hour presentation over my current research and answered questions about what my future career goals and research interests were.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of experience I had with the types of assays they performed in their lab as well as how familiar I was with the field.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research (Kansas City, MO) in November 2012.

Interview

I dropped my resume at job fair. One month later, I received an email and was asked some questions. Then I was arranged to interview. First is HR interview, then the boss interview. Since I am lack of experience, I did not show my strong interest and my research area is a little far from their research. Finally I did not get the offer.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and made an appointment with hire mangers and we talked about my projects, knowledge, and my plan. She told me about this position and what I would do if I joined. After several days, I got on-site interview and took for one day. The accommodation is quite excellent.

Interview Questions

• They asked me question about Perl, SQL, and Bioconductor.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research (Kansas City, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

Each lab will be different. Ask people in your lab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everything is take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research.

Interview

I went on a total of 3 interviews for different PI's at Stowers. The first two were difficult and I walked away thinking I wouldn't work for them if I was offered a position. They were a little too intense and seemed to be all about work and no balance. The third interview went much better and I accepted the position. I think the interview process is fairly standardized, every PI had a test or list of technical questions they asked. It's how they reacted if you stumbled that I paid attention to... did they help you out? Did they throw their hands up in the air and give up on you immediately? Did they let you talk it through or get impatient and give you the answer so they could move on. I think it's crucial to know what kind of employee you are and what kind of environment you can work effectively in BEFORE you walk into an interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to do _____ experiment. (When you're nervous and under pressure, sometimes your mind blanks out!)   Answer Question