Study Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Student Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Study Group (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Recently applied online. Received a request to schedule an interview, so I promptly e-mailed a reply.

No response.

I called twice the next day.

No answer: the phone just kept ringing.

I called again the next morning, got an answering machine, and left a message.

No reply.

Very strange. I can handle rejection. "We're sorry. The position has been filled" is an acceptable answer.

But why invite me to set up an interview and refuse to answer my messages?

The bad news is that I didn't get the job.

The good news, too, is that I didn't get the job. Any company that treats applicants poorly probably isn't worth working for.

I feel sorry for their employees and wonder about their students. Slick advertising and social media presence, alone, don't guarantee success.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Study Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy process...simple questions. I interviewed in the office. Face to face interview. Wasn't difficulty at all and was brought on board almost immediately. Would have liked to have been hired on permanently, but that didn't happen. It's a good place to work. Liked working with my coworkers.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Study Group (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Following my submission of resume, i met with HR on the phone. Scheduled onsite meeting with several interviewers including staff and management, waited a week or so, interviewed with upper management via phone, then got a below market offer

Interview Questions

• drug test, credit check, only to be asked for low compensation   1 Answer

Student Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Study Group (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The guy that interviewed me is not there anymore, so I am sure it is very different. The one that interviewed me was one of the best managers you can imagine and always had your back, however, since the company has been on a decline, he did the smart thing and got out of there. But I got an email within a day of responding to a Craigslist ad, and then came in for an interview 2 days later. It was super laid back and really not a lot of questions about my work ethic. It really was more about getting to know me, as personality means everything when working in customer service, especially when it comes to the sensitivity of handling foreign students and their cultures. A day later I got a call, asking to start the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you could not do anything to help the student?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary was advertised and during the interview he asked if the I understood that the salary was, unfortunately, non-negotiable.

EFL Summer Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Study Group.

Interview

Very nice interviewer. Questions are mainly hypothetical where they give you a situation and would like to see how you would handle it. The interview was around 30 - 40 minutes long, and it was through Skype.
    The school seems quite organised and energetic.

Interview Questions

• How do you think a summer school is different to a traditional all-year course?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Study Group (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job and was contacted in the following two days to come into an interview.

The interview was held in a private meeting room in head office and was conducted by two members of staff.

They were friendly and polite

The questions were focused and a good mix of past experience and knowledge questions as well as current events and questions about personality.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Study Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was not well conducted. I had to wait for long time before I was called in. The placement test was rubbish and added no significance to the role that I was interviewing for.

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Study Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initial phone screen, then interview with senior management and HR. It went for about an hour. Interview questions off the cuff - they weren't organised at all - were making it up as they went along. And one of them spent most of the time doing emails on his phone - talk about rude!

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural. It was obvious after about 3 questions that those interviewing me were not from the education sector so did not really know what questions to ask.

They offered me the job a few days later - at $10K less than I was earning, although at the initial phone screen they asked about my salary and no one said they couldn't at least match it. That was very annoying, and said a lot about Study Group.
      Answer Question

Couldn't match salary.

Student Enrolment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Study Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone call with 5-10 minute conversation, followed by scheduling of face-to-face interview in the following week. The interview was conducted within an hour. There was some time at the end to ask one or two questions. Interview was done in a small room.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one challenge you faced in your current/previous job.
      Tell me what you know about Study Group, and the work we do.
      How do you know you are up for this sales position?
      Answer Question

Visa Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Study Group (Brighton, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying for this position via email in October I heard nothing. Fast forward six weeks later and I was then offered the initial phone interview. After the phone interview, I was moved onto the next stage and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview a week later.

Okay, I thought. At least now we're getting somewhere. It might have taken 7 weeks from my initial email to get to this stage, but we're here at the final hurdle?

How wrong I was. To this day, I've still not heard back from them regarding my face-to-face interview, I kid you not. Fortunately I was able to obtain a job elsewhere quite quickly, but from my calculations, it's been four months now since I first applied. I'm waiting to hit the six month anniversary period before getting back to them and inform that it's with great sadness, that I will now have to decline any position.

Unprofessional doesn't even begin to describe this company. Avoid.