SuMi Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.5

Information Systems Engineer, Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed via a phone screen towards the last week of August while on vacation. The interview took about an hour and it went well. Then I was told they were interested in having me onsite, but I had to bring either last years income tax or last two pay stubs. I became very relinquent, but then decided to go with it because I had nothing to hide. I was more concerned regarding my privacy because you don't know where this information is kept or is shared. I decided to go to the face to face interview. I arrived at their office about 10 minutes early and was told to wait in the building lobby until 11am. Which was the second signal that this place is a bit odd. Usually if you come a few minutes early you are greeted and told to sit in the reception area until they are ready for the interview. The first portion of the process was with several folks from different departments. Eventually I was greeted by an employee and escorted to a small conference room. My initial interview was with someone from HR she asked me a lot of what I refer to as personality questions Then I met the heads of other departments primarily IT. The heads of those department basically broke down to me how the business works. They basically manage Japanese pension funds and also loan money to hedge funds and other financial firms. The folks were very thorough on how things work and how their department tied into the big picture. Then I was interviewed by the hiring managers that manage infrastructure primarily the security. It went very well I was asked a lot of technical security questions which I primarily answered correctly with the exception of a few. I was told by the hiring manager that they are going to interview a few folks and that he will be away on vacation and that it will take sometime. I acknowledged and said that's pretty standard. Then the final interview was with the head of HR she asked me personality questions and if I felt comfortable with the task and the team, but before meeting her I had to wait about 35 minutes. The whole process lasted about 6 hours give or take. Then about 2 weeks pass I was told to come in for the 3rd interview. In this interview I met with the head of the development team, a network engineer and the CIO. This interview was a bit awkward because I was only asked technical questions from the network engineer and the questions were not anything to do with security, but more random questions on past technologies that I worked with at my last roles which I found odd and kind of through me off. Then I had an interview with the CIO he was not technical he handled the budget of the organization. He explained the business, but during the whole time avoided eye contact with me which was another indicator that this place is a bit odd. Weeks went by and I thought I guess they are not interested. Then I got a call from the recruiter and they were interested and they were willing to extend an offer to me. I made a verbal agreement that I was also interested but because I was still interviewing I asked for a bit of time til I completed my last interview with another organization. They were fine with it a few days passed and I got another call from the recruiter telling me that they cannot pay me the rate I requested in the application. They were willing to provide me an associate vice president title, a few extra vacation days and 2% equity and a 10% to 15% bonus. I want everyone who reads this to understand that most of the perks they are willing to provide are what I call subject to change meaning they are not set in stone. So I told the recruiter that I cannot leave for anything less than the salary I asked for. I was told that he will discuss further with them 2 days passed and I got a call from the recruiter and he told me that they cannot pay my rate because budget is set to that amount for the role. I expressed to him again that I cannot go for anything less and that the market rate is much higher for the role. He told me that he will relay to them that I cannot accept their offer to see if it might add additional pressure, but he told me more than likely they will not budge due to the way the budget is set. Which was another indicator that basically made me not interested further. A few hours passed and I contacted the recruiter and told him that I am no longer interested even if they offered me the rate I want. The reason being is that if they are being this difficult in regards to asking a modest 3% from the current offer you can only imagine how things will be when its time for bonus, a yearly raise or use of vacation and other perks all. The process of the negotiation gave me insight in the red tape , bureaucracy and other difficulties that will arise with this role if I would have taken it. So I decided to not pursue it any further.

Interview Questions

• Personality general IT questions, IT security questions   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SuMi Trust.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The interview lasted 2 hours and got an offer right after the interview. The offer was slightly above their budget, overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage the relationship with junior staffs whom have more working experience than you?

Where would you like to be 5-10 years from now?

What are your expectation from the firm?   1 Answer

Junior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took over 1.5 months. The first level interview was the HR round with usual HR questions, second level was with 2 managers - technical questions related to financial analysis, and experience related, the third level was behavioral. After a long wait, they said the management decided on not opening the position at all and closed the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?
      What is EBITDA and its components?
      What ratios to look at for credit analysis?   Answer Question

Junior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took around 2 weeks. I passed the first round of the interview. Basic questions and some technical - tell me about yourself, why this position, why credit, opinion on grunt work, ratios. The second round was just behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (Newark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

1. interview with the HR - background check asking about my past experiences and motivation of applying for this job.
    2. interview with the Managers - skill set check
    3. Interview with theHead of Office - personality check

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical interview, in a room with a coffee table. It went well until one of the Japenese employees laughed at one of my answers, which I thought was extremely rude and felt like I had to defend myself. From there, it was not a great fit probably for the both of us. I never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with Malware?
      How have you handled certain situations?
      Management material?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SuMi Trust.

Interview

I started as a temp for 2 years and was hired full time because my boss at the time liked me and he knew I knew what I was doing

Interview Questions

• New people came in who were difficult and demanding and when you wouldn't do what they said they would make your life hell and get you fired.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through my college's career site and then went in to the office for multiple interviews. The interview consisted of three rounds and lasted about six weeks. There are preliminary test, presentation, case study during the interview processes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a presentation/review/report on a real investment deal. Gave me about half an hour and presented my findings. This was the panel interview and it was stressful.   Answer Question

Corporate Investment Management Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied via campus job posting and there are about 4 interview stages. The whole process took about a month and got notified the final result within 2 weeks after the final round.

Interview Questions

• General cashflow questions regarding financial statements to financial modeling relevant to past experiences.. There is a test that screens your general knowledge in Economics and Finance. The final round also entails a case study.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SuMi Trust (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A recruitment agent helped arrange an interview. 2 weeks within sending CV via agent an interview was arranged for the same week. Entry level role meaning the interview was only brief and 10 minutes long mainly concentrating on my CV, my degree and any knowledge on banking. Casual, relaxed brief interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sumi   1 Answer