Sulzer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sulzer (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiting in Ohio, had a 30 minute phone interview. The interview was just basic question and answers- conversational. Did not make it past fist phone interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sulzer.

Interview

Found job posted online. Called within a week after submitting an application. Two rounds of interviews followed with different members of department and upper management. Questions were a mix of serious, standard, and fun (fit questions to see if I would work well with the culture).

Interview Questions

• How do you believe that your previous roles will allow you to succeed in this role?
      What superhero would you be and why?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookshire, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sulzer (Brookshire, TX).

Interview

Round robin interviews with multiple department managers

Interview Questions

• None difficult. basic questions on what you have accomplished and what to expect   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy as the basic benefits are good

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sulzer (Meriden, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an in-person interview. The company expressed concern with my location, because I lived over an hour from the facility. I interviewed with three people who were from both HR and engineering. They told me about the pumping and wastewater industry and I told them about my qualifications. I was one of two people interviewed for the position because they wished to hire especially quickly, so most of the screening was done through resumes.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sulzer (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Had a 45 min conversation on the phone with the managere I would be working for. Great talk.
    I was going to be in Houston the next week so I offered to stop by. Asked for salary range and he did not want to tell me. He asked how much I needed and I did not say. Just that we should talk first since I was already going to Houston.

In Houston the job seemed as if they were going to exploit me (working many hours). The guy had offfered to take me to lunch but did not. I was starving by the end of the interview. His boss showed up when I was leaving and then he wanted to take me to lunch. I spent 15min talking to his boss and left.

It would have been an ok job for me with potential for growth but it was way too far from my family and they seemed to want me to work for many hours a week and on weekends with a lot of travel.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sulzer (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

The engineering manager is energetic and seems to genuinely enjoy his job and like the people he works with. I interviewed with 2 engineers, the engineering manager and the program manager. As I was leaving the engineering manager told me to plan on hearing from them in the next couple of days and that they were very excited about me. After thank you notes and follow up calls, I talked to the recruiter and found out that the program manager doubted my leadership abilities. My only issue with this was that he never asked me anything about my leadership experience. I would have liked to work for the engineering manager and was disappointed by the mixed messages I received.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sulzer (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a headhunter and I agreed to hear from the company. The HR of the company then started to negotiate about the salary even without getting to know me. HR went missing after that without any update. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have ever came across application with the products during my interview with the head hunter.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sulzer.

Interview

The two-step interview process was straightforward. First, I had a 20-30 min phone interview that basically was a review of my resume and the position. During this initial screening I qualified for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The second interview was in-person and in addition to questions related to my experience and qualification, I got a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• An example question: explain team projects and how you dealt with adversity.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sulzer.

Interview

It was 20 mins interview with questions mainly from my past work experience and behavioral type questions. There were a few technical questions but not that much. overall it was an average interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose this particular branch of engineering?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply in Sulzer?   Answer Question
    • If you have to define yourself in just one word, what would that be?   1 Answer
    • Questions related to my past work experience and couple of easy technical questions   Answer Question

Turbine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sulzer (La Porte, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First had I conducted a single short phone interview with a human relations representative. Then I drove myself to the La Porte, TX facility and engaged in an interview with the immediate supervisor for the position for which I was applying and one other individual employee who worked there.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer