Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a quick meeting with the Vice President and the senior director. Not very complicated and to the point. I had to go back for one more with my direct supervisor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered I accepted

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief call with HR. Excessive face to face interviews with VP's from coverage groups not relatable to the position at all. This dragged on for months as follow up with HR after each interview took two weeks. This was a very small office. Was rejected due to wanting someone with more experience. Basically wasted my time as the number of years of experience is written plain as day on one's resume.

Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

The entire process is quite lengthy. First they did a telephone interview and a week later scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Interview questions were not very difficult and the interview lasted an hour.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First there was a recruiter interview, second was a department interview, then a final interview. It was a small department, yet the interviewers forgot the name of the position, which I thought was very odd. The recruiter stressed the importance of Japanese culture--hard work, professional demeanor, and polite attitude-- yet the department seemed the opposite. Everyone seemed nice, but overall, it was a very strange atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Declined because of the low salary for the position

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview with her. After the phone interview, I was invited to do an in-person interview, first with direct supervisor and team member, then another interview with department head. Overall experience was great, everyone in the process was very friendly and made the interview go smoothly. All the interviews were about a week apart.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

It was smootg. There waa an initial hr interview round. Then the second round with the team manager and the final round with department head.

The Hr round was basically about tell us about yourself. Difficult customer situation etc
    The second round was job specific. Third was again a general round.

Interview Questions

• Trade operations- many questions about document checking in Letters of credit.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

First Round was with HR(behavioral) , Second round with the Director(technical), Third was with Dept. Head(Managerial).
    The interview was quite basic for the job description.
    General questions included- what are your long term goals, how long do you plan to stick around, what is your previous experience , some situational questions etc

Interview Questions

• Behavioural- Tell me about yourself, How would you handle an unsatisfied customer,
      Technical- About Letters of credit, Can you identify the discrepancy in LC, etc
      Third Round- Combination of 1&2 but focused that management looks for candidates who can be with the company for long   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted through indeed and given a phone interview that went relatively easily. They requested a resume and I handed a well-polished word/pdf resume and they liked it. This lead to several interviews and I thought that they were very easy to talk to and they cared for diversity as they are a predominantly Asian organization.

Interview Questions

• How much did your last position pay. They do this to re-peg your new salary expectation. It's like they want to undercut your old pay by just a little.   Answer Question

Was the same position I did at another bank and there wasn't much room for advancing as everyone was squatting there position from the looks of it.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Typical interview with behavioral questions for the first round. Second round interview with department head is more technical, in-depth and felt a bit drawn out with the behavioral questions; but it is to get a feel for you and how you fit in. Then HR round with salary negotiations (HINT: there is no negotiation)

Interview Questions

Salary was the determining factor.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Weirdest interview ever. All 6 of the managers came in, none really spoke English.

Interview Questions

• Every one was difficult because I could not understand them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hardly a negotiation. When I asked HR for more money, they said if they ask the hiring manager, they'll rescind the offer...