Summer Infant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Summer Infant Interview Questions

2.2

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Summer Infant (Woonsocket, RI) in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled an in-person meeting with another product marketing manager and a senior product marketing manager. Interview took approximately 30 minutes and was conversational and some what laid back. Majority of the interview was asking about my past experience and then telling me about the long hours, weekends/holidays they work.

I had to email HR weeks after my interview on a status of my application to find out that they had taken a different route and decided to hire internally. Can't help but wonder if this was the plan all along - if that be the case, I commend you for not only wasting my time, but my efforts as well. Future applicants, BEWARE.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure?   Answer Question
    • We work long hours here; the reporting director works Sundays and Holidays. We also travel, and you are expected to bring a product to market within 6 months...can you commit to a schedule of this stature?   Answer Question

Consumer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Summer Infant (Woonsocket, RI) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very easy and laid back. Never reviewed a call on an offer or denial. Multiple attempts to contact hiring manager on status and no calls or emails back.

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Summer Infant in December 2014.

Interview

Standard straight forward interview process with nothing unique to report. No Gotcha questions, pleasant dialog about some of the changes being made at the high level and what they were looking for in the team dynamic.

Negotiation

Very Reasonable. It's called negotiation for a reason. You get some things your give up some. Both parties are happy.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Summer Infant (Woonsocket, RI) in June 2010.

Interview

I met with the VP of marketing and she basically just asked me to tell her about myself, than she told me about the postion I would be in and what my duties would be. Afterwards I met with two other Marketing Product Managers who got a feel for who I was and to see if I would be a good match for the company. It was mostly a conversational interview. I than went back into the VP's office where I also met the EVP of the company, and I told him about my experience. By the end of the interview I knew I had the job and we discussed my schedule, followed up my e-mail. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiation. They would not budge at all.