Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.6

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in September 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the research coordinator one week after I applied to schedule an interview. It was a skype interview with the research coordinator and the principal interview. The were 10 very basic questions, your experience, strengths, and weaknesses, long term goals, why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, type questions. It was very friendly and we laughed a lot.

Interview Questions

• In one word, how would your previous employers describe you?
      Describe a time you were given constructive criticism and how did you handle it?
      Imagine you had a task to complete during the day and you couldn’t get to it after the work day what do you do?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were various steps. I met an HR the day I dropped off a resume. I was called for testing. Then called for interview. Then requested to fill out verification forms of education and send my references. I did not know until the end that the requests for all the paperwork meant they were seriously considering me. Then I was called with the offer. I accepted but HR did not know pay scale. Then HR consulted and called me back with pay offer. Then I had a start date. My new boss was away and we did not meet for some time.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions were asked. Nothing unusual.   1 Answer

Laboratory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email via linkedin, set up an initial over the phone interview with the recruiter. Then a skype interview with the hiring panel. Then they flew me in to do a face to face interview. Then they asked me to do a mini exam. After a few days they called me to do a reference check. I was now given the initial offer but I think I can negotiate a better deal.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagree fundamentally with your superior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still early in the process

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.

Interview

Thorough interview, asked a lot of questions especially regarding previous experiences and skills mentioned on CV. Provided a quick summary of their research team, projects and goals. Strongly emphasized team-effort and need for inter-disciplinary cooperation.

Took a very long time to conduct interviews (applications from 4-5 months prior), and did not provide an update of application status after interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle conducting interviews/assessments with patients to determine eligibility for research studies.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2008.

Interview

Researching the job and the scientist is important. The most required skills and characteristics are: intelligence either based on experience or marks for recent grads, willingness to learn, and the ability to show that you thrive in a challenging work environment. Integrity is important.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.

Interview

Basic HR and in depth technical questions.

Pharmacy Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I emailed cover letter and CV directly to the hiring manager to consider for the summer position. The initial reply was that there was no more vacant position for the upcoming summer but s/he was going to discuss with the staff to see if they need more help for the summer. Then I was invited for a panel interview (~1hr long) which included a short tour of the work place. The interviewing process was pretty standard but the atmosphere was very relaxed and positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The wage was preset based on the experience (number of years in pharmacy school). However, their rate was the best offered in Toronto area.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called for an interview within days of submitting my application. I interviewed with a panel of 4 people. The interview was around 30 mins long. The environment was relaxed and the people were nice.
    I didn't hear anything for a few weeks but then received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, why do I want to work at Sunnybrook?
      Tell us something you did that went above and beyond your duties at your previous job
       Tell us something you implemented at your job to make the environment/job work better.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied via email over the weekend and was contacted by the primary investigator the next business day (Monday). I was scheduled for an interview that Friday. I was interviewed by the primary investigator who was extremely personable, kind and considerate throughout the interview. I was informed that I would hear from the PI early the next week if I was successful in proceeding to a second interview. I did not hear back from the PI until the following Friday. On the following Friday I received a considerate, personalized email from the PI informing me I did not get a job. The PI also wrote that he was recommending me for another role that a colleague was hiring for and gave me other great feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with literature reviews
      Are you familiar with PRISMA?
      Are you familiar with any meta analytic software?
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      Tell me about your experience with database management   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via phone for an interview less than 2 weeks after applying online.
    Went in for a short interview (30 min) where they explained the jobs, and asked a few questions - nothing too technical.