Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Interview Questions

Interviews at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

2.6

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in September 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the research coordinator one week after I applied to schedule an interview. It was a skype interview with the research coordinator and the principal interview. The were 10 very basic questions, your experience, strengths, and weaknesses, long term goals, why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, type questions. It was very friendly and we laughed a lot.

Interview Questions

• In one word, how would your previous employers describe you?
      Describe a time you were given constructive criticism and how did you handle it?
      Imagine you had a task to complete during the day and you couldn’t get to it after the work day what do you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in May 2015.

Interview

Smooth and positive - made me feel comfortable and was a very productive interview- explained everything about the position and the work atmosphere - greets you with a smile and takes you into a tour.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions! Tell me about yourself - work experience - reviewing degrees - why did you choose this place.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a panel of a few people who were already working. Honestly, the process was pretty chill if anything, nothing to be really all that stressed about. First you submit your resume and whatnot, then if you get called in they ask you a few questions. Most are the basic, why do you want this job and what makes you a qualified candidate. They bring in a few people that you'll be specifically working with to participate in the interview as well.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were various steps. I met an HR the day I dropped off a resume. I was called for testing. Then called for interview. Then requested to fill out verification forms of education and send my references. I did not know until the end that the requests for all the paperwork meant they were seriously considering me. Then I was called with the offer. I accepted but HR did not know pay scale. Then HR consulted and called me back with pay offer. Then I had a start date. My new boss was away and we did not meet for some time.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions were asked. Nothing unusual.   1 Answer

Laboratory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email via linkedin, set up an initial over the phone interview with the recruiter. Then a skype interview with the hiring panel. Then they flew me in to do a face to face interview. Then they asked me to do a mini exam. After a few days they called me to do a reference check. I was now given the initial offer but I think I can negotiate a better deal.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagree fundamentally with your superior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still early in the process

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.

Interview

Thorough interview, asked a lot of questions especially regarding previous experiences and skills mentioned on CV. Provided a quick summary of their research team, projects and goals. Strongly emphasized team-effort and need for inter-disciplinary cooperation.

Took a very long time to conduct interviews (applications from 4-5 months prior), and did not provide an update of application status after interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle conducting interviews/assessments with patients to determine eligibility for research studies.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.

Interview

Basic HR and in depth technical questions.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2008.

Interview

Researching the job and the scientist is important. The most required skills and characteristics are: intelligence either based on experience or marks for recent grads, willingness to learn, and the ability to show that you thrive in a challenging work environment. Integrity is important.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process was very easy just face to face interview. So it was very easy to crack the interview and I got the offer letter but I didn't join because they were asking me to sign the bond of 18 months and I was supposed to do only night shift.

Pharmacy Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I emailed cover letter and CV directly to the hiring manager to consider for the summer position. The initial reply was that there was no more vacant position for the upcoming summer but s/he was going to discuss with the staff to see if they need more help for the summer. Then I was invited for a panel interview (~1hr long) which included a short tour of the work place. The interviewing process was pretty standard but the atmosphere was very relaxed and positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The wage was preset based on the experience (number of years in pharmacy school). However, their rate was the best offered in Toronto area.