Sunstates Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sunstates Security

2.1

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Austin, TX).

Interview

As the reviews are quite biased for this company, I decided to give them a chance. My interview process lasted over a month with Sunstates Security. I went through 3 interviews and at the end of my final interview I was lead into believing that I would receive an offer letter the next business day. I was given every sign that the job was mine, including meeting other team members, and was given a personal tour of the office. However, I received a rejection letter. This company is deceitful and I will never apply with them again. I hope that others who apply with this company do not receive the same experience that I had. Also dig deeper into their questions and do not take "growth and team work" as a response to every response that they make.

Interview Questions

• Once an offer letter is sent out, how long of a notice would you have to make at your current job?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunstates Security in February 2019.

Interview

Fast and Easy Not alot of questions cool hr seem like they care great benefits uniform clean friendly customers great employee cool and chill back job with great pay.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Roanoke, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty structured. I was asked some specific questions and the Operations Manager was very courteous and well versed in the company’s history. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What security experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • Why shouldn’t I hire you? <—-Curve Ball!   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Savannah, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application and was quickly contacted by the "corporate recruiter". The recruiter seemed as if it was a rush to get me interviewed. I obliged them and accepted a short notice interview . After the first interview, sometime passed. I was contacted again for a second interview. This interview was a group interview. During this interview it was made clear that I would need to prepare for a move during the Christmas holiday. Several weeks passed and there was no communication one way or the other. I sent an email with a follow up phone call to both the recruiter and the district manager to inquire if I was still being considered or not. That was over a week ago. Not even the courtesy to let me know that I was not being considered. Very Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Fort Mill, SC) in July 2018.

Interview

Fast and simple. I showed up 10 min before my interview and left at the time my interview was supposed to start. Was asked if I wanted the position to which I answered yes. I was then told to expect an email asking for permission to run a background check along with drug test on myself.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind standing for countless hours?   1 Answer

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Wilmington, DE) in March 2018.

Interview

Very positive and enlightening,friendly by letting you know what was expected of you,district manager reviewed my resume and looked at my qualifications finding the right place to use me,not to waste my skills on a menial site.

Interview Questions

Sunstates Security Response

Apr 16, 2018 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with feedback about your interview. We value your comments and will share with the recruiting team.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview was pretty casual. I had a friend refer me and I got the job after my in person interview. They went over my general work history and ran a background check if I recall correctly.

Interview Questions

Sunstates Security Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security is please you took advantage of the employee referral program and that your interview process was easy.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online form. It was a lengthy form with probably almost 100 psychological type questions. I was then emailed within a couple of days to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiter informed me she would get back with me by the beginning of the next week to let me know if I would be scheduled for an in-person interview. After not hearing back within that time frame, I did email politely checking on the status. She then informed me that she was still conducting phone interviews and would get back with me by the end of the week, which she did not. I found this lack of follow-up to be annoying. A simple thank you email is perfectly acceptable and shows a sign of professionalism that a solid company should value and practice!

Interview Questions

Sunstates Security Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your interview. We value your feedback and apologize if you feel you were not followed up within the proper time frame.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very smooth. Partly, due to the fact that there was an opening and I was over qualified. I was given a choice from a list of interview questions to choose from. I chose a couple that I felt, I could handle.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a promise to someone and you could not make good to your promise?   1 Answer
    • What are a few words that describe you ?   2 Answers

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunstates Security (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went very well overall. I actually applied for a part time position but was offered a full time position because the person that interviewed me said he saw potential in me. The person interviewing me just kept telling me to relax and be comfortable because he knew this was my first time applying for a security position. He asked me several questions to make sure I was prepared to take on a security role. He asked me things such as, How do I handle criticism from higher ups? Coworkers? Random people? How would I handle a situation where someone was mad at me? How would I handle a situation where two people were mad at each other? Just things to make sure I can keep a leveled head in an escalated situation and handle things professionally, as well as general questions such as coming to work on time, availability, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would i handle a situation where someone is mad at me?   1 Answer