SuperAmerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SuperAmerica

1.9

Sort:

Cashier Interview

Interview

interviewed by HR at central location; considered for positions in several stores; offered job in store of preference; interview process was casual and non-intimidating; orientation was well organized; training at store level was disorganized; should utilize one trainer instead of just putting you with whoever was on the schedule that day regardless of their own compentancy

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Woodbury, MN).

Interview

Hiring manager called me and asked me to come in for interview.
    I was not asked any questions prior to scheduled interview.
    The maintenance manager and project manager interviewed me in a conference room.
    The interview questions were structured and basic to answer.
    I don't believe I had my best interview that day. I think my answers were too short and not in enough detail about my past experiences. I had enough experience but failed to sell it to the employer.

After interview they said they would let me know? Bull.....they did not.

Interview Questions

• why should SuperAmerica Hire you?   1 Answer
    • Q:Tell me something negative about yourself.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Prague, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (New Prague, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

closed door district manager talked more about everything not about the job and promised alot and never came through or returned calls Once hired nothing that was promised was given, managers attitude bordered on picking her favorites and talking unprofessional to them, disclosure of private information pertaining to other employees

Interview Questions

• who else i could bring from the other store   1 Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakdale, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Oakdale, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed, calm, collected but professional. Nice boss, rules easily explained, but not enough training. I was smart enough to pick things up super fast, but other employees have complained about this.

Interview Questions

• If I would consent to a drug test   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Bloomington, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple; I applied online, got a call soon after asking for an interview, went to said interview, and was hired within a week. Had to go through a small orientation class of two day, before I did my on the job training. Afterwards, about a month into the job, I got set to their corporate office for more training and orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is your management experience? What is your expected salary? Do you have reliable transportation? Have you ever caught another employee stealing from the company? If so, what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Roseville, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter Greg is absolutely awesome. He is very professional and attentive. His explanations are direct, clear, and understandable. Couple days after the interview, you are going for orientation training. Orientation takes about 4 hours. On the next day you are going to your store.

Interview Questions

• Could you please calculate your overtime rate for working on holiday.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed at the Eden prairie store. The manager was kind and informative. Was offered the job on the spot. The questions were simple and there was little pressure in the interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with management and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Roseville, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy one on one typical interview questions. We were asked numerous times about any "felonies" and were told it was "okay to just tell them"... weird. We were also all asked to take a urine test the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SA?
      What is your experience?
      What is your availability?
      Any felonies or convictions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Maple Grove, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back the next day from the recruiting center.

Slightly formal, I felt very comfortable. Not nervous at all.

After I received a call that I was hired, they had set me up with an orientation.
    It was about 8 new employees in the orientation. We went over the employee handbook. Set up our employment codes, received 2 uniform shirts. Went through a tour of the store. Had to take test on safety & policy. BORING.

After we called our managers to the store we applied to and set up a date and time when we would start working.

Interview Questions

• If an employees friend came in took items without paying, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths & weakness   1 Answer
    • What motivates you   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to overcome and obstacle   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SuperAmerica (Bloomington, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I went in the headquarter store and met with a lady named Shelly. It felt more like a chat than an interview. She was very pleasant and got back to me a day or two later to say I got the job. Some say it may take up to a week or so, depending on processing. I don't do any drugs so I was pretty confident I got the job.