Supercuts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Supercuts (Rockaway, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief phone call to discuss the basics of the job, set up a time and day for the interview, they make things convenient to meet at one of their locations, fill out an application and speak to the owners directly. impressive process compared to other types of interviews. Waited only one day to hear the decision.

Interview Questions

• Asks a lot of questions about likes and dislikes about previous employer and the industry. Talks about high end culture making the difference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a far superior offer so no need for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Supercuts (Lake Jackson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Talked about my experience. Was a pleasant interview. the mgr. was nice and easy going. We had good communication and the outcome was what I expected it to be

Hairstylist Interview

Interview

Pleasant and brief, waiting on call back. she was very nice and understanding that I am fresh out of cosmetology. Was open to working with me to start my career.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest skill?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Supercuts (Portland, ME) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview with manager, then second interview a few days later with assistant manager, then cutting demo because i was applying for receptionist while in school then stylist. im almost done with school

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Supercuts in February 2017.

Interview

The process only took a few days. I applied online and then called them to follow up. They set up an interview. When I got there they had me reapply in person, then asked me a few questions. Had to come back for the technical the next day. They were polite at first. Had me watch a training vid and perform that cut. Told me they would call later that day; never did. When I followed up I was told, "yeah...we're looking for somebody stronger." Neutral rating cause it could've been my fault, but I feel like that was a little rude.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Supercuts.

Interview

Very easy,nice friendly manager. Asked a couple of basic questions. Gave advice on customers service,showed the supercuts way to cut on video,on mannequin and the did a week of training. Very easy for a new open minded stylist

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a stylist?   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Supercuts.

Interview

Bring a model, cut hair, talk to a manager. That's about it. Some resume review. If you aren't interviewed thoroughly, walk away. They seem to hire anyone. You could be straight out of school and not qualified.

Hairdresser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cliffwood Beach, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Supercuts (Cliffwood Beach, NJ).

Interview

Asked basic questions, manager was a little nervous but I was able to break the ice easier since I worked as a manager for 6 years. I got the job because I was the only person to submit a resume and looked presentable. Store was pretty slow so I was assured that training was always available and that if I got stuck on anything the stylists would absolutely help. I didn't need to do a demo because I would be shown a specific technique that would be used in store.

Interview Questions

• Why did you work at last salon for such a short time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Supercuts (Thornton, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

I loved my interview with the salon owner. He was very fair and enthusiastic. It was nothing out of the ordinary, and I bonded almost instantly with him as a colleague.

Negotiation

It was very transparent and up front. There was no haggling, the offer was more than for for a starting wage, and everything said was above board.

Anonymous Employee in Crown Point, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Supercuts (Crown Point, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and one on one don't be afraid to show your personality they're very understanding if your honest about what you need some work with still also be honest if you don't have a completely open schedule so that management could work with you and your other appointment or other work schedules.