Supernus Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Supernus Pharmaceuticals

3.3

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for the New Brunswick territory for the launch of Oxtellar XR. The interview process was two steps for me but I was told it is typically a three step process. The first interview lasted about an hour and I was asked to fill out some paperwork afterwards which took an additional hour. The hiring manager also requested a copy of my brag book which took multiple hours to compile.

During the interview process I made myself readily available the day before and the day after Christmas to comply with their hiring deadline. The final interview was with the manager who would be managing the territory and her manager. It was an in depth 4 hour interview and my initial impression was that they were sincere. I feel that I performed well and was very transparent about my strengths, weaknesses, and accomplishments. During the process they said they were different than other pharma companies and that I would receive a call whether or not I was going to be hired from the hiring manager. I was initially impressed by this promise.

Well, I never did get a call. They had no problem or time issues in contacting and interrogating my references, but no time to keep their word and give me constructive feedback. I even called the hiring manager before I left for a family trip to see if she needed anything else from me and then again followed up on the date they said was their deadline. Never did I get a response.

I suggest considering the pros and cons of interviewing with them. Your references will be contacted and interrogated, you will spend a considerable amount of time interviewing with them, and from my experience they will not be considerate of your time spent. There are surely other companies out there with a track record of success in their commercial sales division that could be considered.

My final critique is that it seems sales management is very young and inexperienced. Based off of the culture they are attempting to impart and the newness of the sales management, it seemed as though one would be micromanaged at Supernus.

To add insult to injury the hiring manager called me after I expressed my disappointment with them in an email to her and her manager, and told me a blatant lie that she had contacted me to ask some additional questions and that I did not get back to her. She then went on to say she assumed I had taken myself out of the interview process. She said "she had it recorded" but she didn't have any of the details with her. She even said she left me a voice mail. When I asked her what she had wanted to follow up on she did not have an answer and when I said I did not get a voice mail and called her out on the lie she had nothing to say.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do a role play from your current sales cycle.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position through the company website, then called by an RD within the next few days with out prior scheduling. That afternoon I was told that I was not selected for the position but there was an inside sales position available if interested. I was called by another RD a few hours later and was asked to an in person interview the next day.

During the in person interview I was asked a number of questions on my professional background as well as behavioral questions. At the end of interview the RD called their supervisor and asked if I could make a flight to Florida with in one of the next three days. They explained that they wanted to rush so that I could give my current employer a two week notice if i were to accept the role. I agreed and they said an administrator would be in touch with flight info. The administrator never reached out and I was told they couldn't go forward with my candidacy via email.

I found the whole process rushed, disorganized and dishonest.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you lost a potential client.
      How would your manager rate you on these qualities on a scale of 1-5.
      Why do you want this role?
      Are you alright with our company offering no relocation packages? You will be responsible for finding a residence within two weeks of starting the role.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reaches out then connects you with Regional director. Quick phone screen with RD, then 30 minute face to face interview with RD where you explain your background and resume. If they think you're a good fit the same RD will call you in for an in-depth 3 hour interview. Final step is face to face 2-3 hour interview with zone director. You need to bring your A game as they will grill you about everything. They will see through your bs

Associate Finance Director Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Multiple people. Standard type interview for this type of role. Interviewers were cold. Impression they are not very flexible in thinking. Came over loud and clear they expect way too much from person and want to pay way too little. Didn’t think there would be much work/life balance.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (Rockville, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

3 hours interview, one to one with 6 people .
    each session lasted 30 minutes and more or less everyone asked the same questions. They expect you to ask questions from them and be prepred for that as they will stay for whole 30 minutes even if they are done interviewing you need to talk to them ..

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (Rockville, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter. Sent my résumé in that night and the following day I had an interview set up within driving distance. Went in for an interview which is usually 4 different steps and at different times, totaling 7 hours. We reviewed my background and sales experience, role played, and they shared information on the company and expectations and their background. The time flew by and I'm so glad I did it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what 5 good things are your current manager would say about you and then 5 negative things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation but I was coming from
    A company that would pay for my classes so they bumped my salary by the cost of my last two classes.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and did a phone screen. Then I had a phone interview with the manager. I had a face to face within a week that las ted about 45 minutes. It was very general questions about previous job experience. I think there was at least 1 more step, but I didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me with a lot of great info about the company. I had a one hour face to face with RD, then a 3 hour F2F with the same RD, then was flown to meet the Zone director for a 3 hour interview.
    You need to have two clean copies of your resume ready as well as a brag book of your accomplishments from your past sales positions.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to answer situational questions. "Describe a time when you overcame a loss of a sale with your current company" "how did you handle that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was great! No need to negotiate.

CR-1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (Rockville, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

The first part of the process was a brief phone screen, probably taking around 30 minutes. Then an in-person interview, mine was with 8 people, 30 minutes per person. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How does my experience qualify me for this position.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Supernus Pharmaceuticals (Rockville, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy phone screen interview followed by an in-person interview in the company with 4-5 interviewers at different times. Everyone was very pleasant and no one asked trick questions. There was a focus on skills and how they were applied in previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Classic interview questions with some situational questions.   Answer Question