SusieCakes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SusieCakes

2.4

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SusieCakes (Brentwood, CA).

Interview

Responded to their Craigslist posting and was contacted a few days later to come in a speak with HR and the store manager and another higher level manager. Two days later I was called in again to speak with VP of Operations. Offered a position 3 days later by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Most questions related to my desire to change my career path were challenging.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SusieCakes in November 2014.

Interview

Bobbi was great, very friendly. I had so many interviews for the job. You would think I was becoming a Dr.

I have to say, I was misled that the company values worklife balance. That is a sham. This was removed as a value this year which is at least living the truth but a sad reality.

Interview Questions

• How badly do you want this job on a scale of 1 to 10   2 Answers

Negotiation

They were desperate so they gave me what I wanted.

Guest Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SusieCakes (Sacramento, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was more of a fun conversation, more than anything. I arrived and had a great time speaking with the ASM. We both had a fun-filled session discussing Susan, the stores, the guests...to the sweets! She had a verbatim sheet of approx 15 in-depth questions which were very detailed and specific, and it was a great experience over-all.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10, how bad do you want this position?   1 Answer
    • Let us say you're running the shift, and a guest approaches you very upset about our mistake on their large order. What are the steps you take to make this disaster into a turn-around?   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SusieCakes (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

SusieCakes is a growing company and as such has many moving parts. I first received a telephone call to schedule a phone interview. Then I had the phone interview with some member of the corporate management team. After the phone interview, I was asked to interview with one of the General Managers at a store nearby. A few weeks later, I was asked to interview with another General Manager at another location. A few weeks went by after that interview and I was asked to stage at another location. This was an hour-long working interview to assess my abilities and level of engagement. After the stage I interviewed with the VP of Operations. She was incredibly vague about what role I might be offered. Two weeks later I was offered the assistant manager position.

Interview Questions

• Questions are your average questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The VP of Ops offered me the job and was incredibly awkward when discussing salary.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SusieCakes (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

About a week after I applied online, I was scheduled to do a FaceTime interview with the HR recruiter. That lasted a little over half an hour. A few days after I was called by the Senior General Manager to schedule a stage or working interview a week later at the location I applied for. I was told to set aside about 4 hours of my day as well as wearing blue jeans and black shoes with non slip bottoms. That interview included talking with the general manager and district manager for about 40 minutes, then prior to the stage I was given paperwork to sign, a uniform (T-shirt, bandana, apron, towel), and then introduced to various members of the staff working that day before spending about two hours on the selling floor. I mostly got acquainted with the layout of the bakery, how product was stored and presented, and I got a quick summary of the kinds of bakery items offered. I spent the time shadowing different team members, greeting customers, and learning how to pack up items and take orders/ring at the cash wrap. It was a lot to take in and the time flew by fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had a conflict with either a customer or colleague. How was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you helped to increase revenue/drive business.   Answer Question
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Describe your daily responsibilities at your previous/current job.   Answer Question
    • How did you learn about this job? What makes you want to work for Susie Cakes? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • (Because I have both I was asked this): Would you agree to wear long sleeves to cover your arm tattoos and also remove your cartilage piercings and/or cover them with the bandana?   2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SusieCakes (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied got call back same day from an area manager did a brief phone interview had a regular interview a few days later than was called for a "working" interview with a general manager

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      What would you do in a situation with an angry customer   Answer Question

Guest Service Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SusieCakes.

Interview

Several interviews and a stage and reference checks. The questions are all easy. Took a long time to get the job. I almost took another job while I was waiting to here.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SusieCakes.

Interview

The whole process was overly intense for a job at a bakery if you ask me. I first interviewed with the branch manager over the phone, and was then asked to come in and answer some questions and do a "stage" where I did some basic tasks like folding boxes and lining them Then, a week or so later I came back to interview with the regional manager. She asked literally exact same questions as the branch manager. Questions were pretty basic and I think they were really looking more for personality than anything else.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SusieCakes (Lafayette, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied through the SusieCakes website and within one week, I was interviewed and offered a job. My interviewer was very kind and made the interview seem more like a conversation which allowed me to feel less nervous and confident in my answers. Overall, a very quick, easy, and comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they asked me was how my education would help/prepare me for the job.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SusieCakes (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied and a few days later I got a call from the local GM at one of the stores and she asked me a few questions then she wanted to meet me in person, set that up and had a 1:1 interview which took about 35-40 mins, and a few days after that the GM brought me into one of the stores to see how I did in the storefront, and soon after that I got a call back with an offer! It was overall a very easy process, let me not fail to mention that the GM who interviewed me was so lovely and made the process and experience very easy.

Interview Questions

• What would one reason that you can potentially be late to work for?   2 Answers