Symcor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symcor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

Mail Wholesale Lockbox Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Symcor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I enjoyed learned the great cultures of the company.

Interview Questions

• If you currently work in Tinley Park, how do you plan on working here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything was affordable, so I didnt have to negotiate.

Requirements Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symcor (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

There were Total three interviews. First one was on phone with HR person, second one was with a Panel interview with implementation manager and requirement analyst, third one with senior management

Interview Questions

• what type of documentation have you created as a requirements analyst in the pat?   Answer Question

Proof Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symcor (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple stages:
    1) Resume application
    2) Online numerical typing test - they will ask you to type a series of numbers, unlimited attempts. Must be 95% accurate and fast
    3) On the job test (they will do a quick training and test you afterwards) - how to operate the machine, and type numbers to encode cheques. Compete with peers.
    4) Written technical test - basic accounting questions, comparing two columns of numbers, 1 hour
    5) In person interview with Assistant Manager - emphasis on working with minimal supervision, keying fast, and working hours based on company needs

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work flexible hours based on company needs?   2 Answers

Proof Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symcor.

Interview

I got friend's referral. It requires to practice the number typing speed online. It takes 1~2 weeks to enhance your speed to qualify the requirement. After that, you are waiting to the interview for several weeks.

Interview Questions

• basically no question. only needs to test your speed on the real machine to see whether you are qualified.   Answer Question

Interview

found the job in randstad agency, and they call me for first interview first then asked me to second interview in Symcor
    My job is contractor, then I register in the bank with company name, then tell to my agent who communication with Symor directly

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Symcor (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

- was asked behavioural questions
    - given scenarios based on the skills noted on your resume, and asked how did you handle them.
    - asked why did I think I was suitable for the job
    - told that the level I was applying for was a big jump in salary

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a very irate client and the steps taken to resolve the issue ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symcor.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews:
    1. 1 hour over the phone with a manager or team lead
    2. In person with your reporting manager
    3. In person with the team lead or PM for the project that you will likely work on

Interview#1 - screening process: questions about your experience, and specific questions to determine whether you have that experience or not

Interview#2 - behavioural questions and questions related to your experience and how it can be used in that company

Interview#3 - practical approach, whiteboarding and more technical questions

Interview Questions

• Interview#1. Questions related to specific terms in a given methodology - ex. Scrum - what's the role a PO? Why do you want to leave? What do you expect from our company?

Interview#2. Questions about "what if" and tell what you do and what you bring it to this company

Interview#3 - similar of requirement gathering session - from requirement elicitation to documenting requirements. Use of whiteboard.   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symcor (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a Symcor employee for an open role. I was called for one interview which lasted maybe 15 mins.
    Usually interview process is at-least 2 separate interviews. One with the Project Manager + Domain Specialist and the subsequent with the VP of the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Symcor   1 Answer

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symcor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

They brought all of the applicants into the same room and seated us in front of data entry machines, gave some very scant instructions and watched us go to work. They were really looking for keypad speeds. My speeds were about half of what they required, so I didn't qualify to work as a data entry operator.

However, shortly after I was contacted to work as a Data Prep Clerk instead, as they had an opening in that department and were impressed with my presentation in all other respects. I took the job.

Interview Questions

• Very little. The interview was almost entirely based around a practical test of my data entry skills.   1 Answer

Data Entry (Proof) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Don Mills, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symcor (Don Mills, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Someone from HR emailed me to take an online ten key typing test. After she found my results satisfactory, she scheduled me for an actual test at their Don Mills office location.