Symcor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2016

3.1

Mail Wholesale Lockbox Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Symcor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I enjoyed learned the great cultures of the company.

Interview Questions

• If you currently work in Tinley Park, how do you plan on working here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything was affordable, so I didnt have to negotiate.

Proof Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symcor.

Interview

I got friend's referral. It requires to practice the number typing speed online. It takes 1~2 weeks to enhance your speed to qualify the requirement. After that, you are waiting to the interview for several weeks.

Interview Questions

• basically no question. only needs to test your speed on the real machine to see whether you are qualified.   Answer Question

Interview

found the job in randstad agency, and they call me for first interview first then asked me to second interview in Symcor
    My job is contractor, then I register in the bank with company name, then tell to my agent who communication with Symor directly

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symcor.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews:
    1. 1 hour over the phone with a manager or team lead
    2. In person with your reporting manager
    3. In person with the team lead or PM for the project that you will likely work on

Interview#1 - screening process: questions about your experience, and specific questions to determine whether you have that experience or not

Interview#2 - behavioural questions and questions related to your experience and how it can be used in that company

Interview#3 - practical approach, whiteboarding and more technical questions

Interview Questions

• Interview#1. Questions related to specific terms in a given methodology - ex. Scrum - what's the role a PO? Why do you want to leave? What do you expect from our company?

Interview#2. Questions about "what if" and tell what you do and what you bring it to this company

Interview#3 - similar of requirement gathering session - from requirement elicitation to documenting requirements. Use of whiteboard.
      Answer Question

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symcor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

They brought all of the applicants into the same room and seated us in front of data entry machines, gave some very scant instructions and watched us go to work. They were really looking for keypad speeds. My speeds were about half of what they required, so I didn't qualify to work as a data entry operator.

However, shortly after I was contacted to work as a Data Prep Clerk instead, as they had an opening in that department and were impressed with my presentation in all other respects. I took the job.

Interview Questions

• Very little. The interview was almost entirely based around a practical test of my data entry skills.   1 Answer

Data Entry (Proof) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Don Mills, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symcor (Don Mills, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Someone from HR emailed me to take an online ten key typing test. After she found my results satisfactory, she scheduled me for an actual test at their Don Mills office location.

Applications Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Symcor (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I got a call from the HR and asked me question about my experience, salary expectation... the phone call was les than 15min. 2 days after I got a call from the HR inviting me for an interview with the hiring manager for the next day. I was 15 min early as it should be, the manager didn't ask me anything about my previous experience or technical questions or what I know and started to ask a series of different possible situations, for example:
    - I just assigned to fix an issue and I am very late for a meeting, you have only 3 questions to ask me, what will be?
    - Tell me about a difficult situation you handled in the past and how did you deal with it?
    ...
    It was for me very difficult, I think at one point the interviewer did stop asking and just told me: that would be all. Thank you for coming.
    it was very hard on me

Interview Questions

• - You got assigned to a new project that you know nothing about it, tell me 3 questions that you will ask each of the support person, the end user and the project manager?
      Answer Question

Proof Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symcor in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from the recruiter a week later and she asked me to do a typing speed test and to answer a couple questions. She then scheduled me for an interview which consisted of a test to measure my speed on the machine and if I passed that, I would be interviewed. I went in for the test, the workplace seemed very boring but I didn't really expect much more. Unfortunately I didn't pass the test, the machine was pretty strange to use and we were given about 5 minutes to adjust to it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to proof about 100 cheques within a time limit. It required very good speed and very little error   Answer Question

WFA Analyst - Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Symcor (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One Round interview:
    - HR and a Manager will interview you at the same time.
    - Manager will ask the technical questions and the HR will ask behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had an issue when working with a team, and what did you do to resolve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, there is a fixed rate for summer interns

Proof Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symcor.

Interview

One interview at duke tower. normal interview questions. past work experience and in the end ask do u have any questions for them? took two weeks for background check. they are always lacking of ppl cause the turnover rate is so high. Nowadays they require the speed test on the numeric keypads, but it is easy