Synagro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Technical Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synagro (Rancho Cordova, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I learned that the last person that had the job was fired. I learned that the managers predecessor was toxic and lashed out at subordinates. I learned that the vp she reports to left the company. I learned that they are short staffed and under tremendous pressure. I asked about the CEO from 2012 undercover boss and she said that was 3 CEOs ago. I learned the job I was interviewing for reposted 2 days before my interview. I learned that this compnay doesn't get back to you when promised. I learned that things are getting better which is code for this place is a mess. I learned to avoid this place and you should too. I was told that the job was down to myself and one other person and that I would hear back very soon. No one even bothered to respond to my follow up email. Very unprofessional. During my in person interview they told me they just wanted to make sure I didn't have purple hair. I don't have purple hair and I don't want to work for this company!

Interview Questions

Synagro Response

Apr 13, 2016

We truly regret you had this experience while interviewing to join our team. Our Platinum rule is “Treat others as they would want to be treated” and your experience failed to represent us properly... More

Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synagro (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

The interview process was informal but effective. it was conducted over the phone since he was 2 states away. I worked with other operation & equipment managers in the California office but was under a different team and managed remotely. I met with hiring manager face to face after being hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have agricultural background?
      How do you feel with working with human waste
      Do you work well on your own.
      Are you organized
      What is college background
      What is your experience in agriculture
      What is experience with environmental law and regulations pertaining to hazardous and non hazardous materials?   1 Answer

Sep 12, 2016 – Director of HR Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We believe a smooth interview process is the start of a great work experience. We will take your feedback and ensure the appropriate individuals are aware so that we can... More

Technical Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synagro.

Interview

Applied on a Thursday for the position using AgCareers.com. Had a random callback on the following Tuesday from an HR person in their corporate office in Maryland. I answered all of her questions. She said expect someone from the local office to call within the next week and a half to set up an in person interview. On Thursday afternoon about 4:45 I got a call from the employer wanting to do a lunch interview for the next day at 12pm. I felt the lunch interview went really well and He seemed very positive. He said He would make a decision and let me know by Tuesday or Wednesday. A week went by and I never heard from him. So thinking I might have missed his call I called him on Wednesday exactly one week after the day He said He would let me know his decision. I said Hi I was following up with our interview and wanted to see if He needed any additional information. He said no goodbye. He was very rude and unpleasant. If it wasn't a good time to answer his phone He could have let it go to voicemail. It has been a month and a half and I have yet to hear anything. I am pursuing other options. After that rude call I do not know if I would want t work for someone like that.

Questions were pretty generic. Research the company.

Interview Questions

Synagro Response

Sep 12, 2016 – Director of HR Operations

Thank you for sharing your experience. At Synagro we operate on permission to play values which includes both respect and our platinum rule (treat others as they would want to be treated). We will... More

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synagro (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a pre-interview phone process and then an in-person interview with human resources and the team I would be mostly working with. I thought it was mostly personality driven, just to see if I would mesh with the team and moral standards of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work experience and how I handle working with different people.   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2016 – Director of HR Operations

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are glad that your interviewing process was a positive experience and that you were offered the position.

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synagro in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR manager from the company. That part of the interview went well. He was very forthcoming with answers to my questions. He let me know that basically everyone on the "team" was new and Synagro was making some changes. Apparently i passed the phone screen as i was moved onto the next steps, speaking with the Hiring Manager for the position. The hiring manager had the "old school" manufacturing attitude which isnt necessarily a bad thing, its just those types of personalities are completely metrics and performance based and they dont account for the "human element" which may account for all the bad PR Synagro is getting.
    The personality between this guy and the HR manager were night and day. In any case, the conversation seemed to go well, that was up until the end when he was really focusing on numbers, percentages etc. That, and i asked about what types of unit operations the site ran. When he told me about the lack of complexity of the process etc, i could tell that there would be no next steps. Also, when you ask the "golden question" about next steps in the process and they say "i have a stack of resumes to review" you can bet you are not moving on... :)
    No matter, you can tell Synagro is, or was in some serious trouble as its obvious they are trying to hire new staff and produce performance metrics to prove they are "turning around" the company brand.

Interview Questions

Synagro Response

Sep 12, 2016 – Director of HR Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with the hiring manager did not match the interview experience you had with our HR team. We will ensure that our Talent... More

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synagro (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Terrible, I was contacted by a Synagro representative in order to set up an interview. I have tried for several weeks to contact this person even as far as tracking her down on Linked-in to direct message. Nothing... It's as if they dropped of the face of the earth. I now see the same job posted again but I promise I will not be wasting my time with these armatures again. I already have a job, so no need to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to come in for an interview?   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synagro (New Haven, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was hired through a job placement agency. Which did all the work only thing I had to do was show up and speak with the manager and the assistant manager along with go for a drug test and have a background check done.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do I have in this field.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synagro (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

Interview was held in their conference room. It was a very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere. The managers and HR person were very nice. Firm handshakes upon introductions and smiles all around during the interview. It was a pleasure to speak with them. They made the interview process easy and stress-free and I felt very positive and qualified for the job. They did decide to hire from within the organization, which I respect.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my knowledge of computer software programs.   1 Answer

Sep 12, 2016 – Director of HR Operations

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our interview process. We are glad to hear that it was a positive experience.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synagro.

Interview

Its good, very well, i thought it was well and going well very well or so I thought. I felt positive very positive. I smiled and answered smartly to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult asked   1 Answer

Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synagro in May 2011.

Interview

A good mix of managers participated in the interview process. They treated me to lunch and gave me a good idea of what my responsibilities would be. The human resources interview was decent. I have no issues with the process used and everyone seemed very receptive and nice. There are no surprises and candidates should simply prepare by thinking about the role they are applying for and their related experience. Wear a suit and tie (or equivalent) and do some research on the wastewater treatment industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your best accomplishments as it relates to this position.   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2016 – Director of HR Operations

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you had a positive interview experience and you accepted the offer.